4.4.2 enables USB audio out!

Search This thread

Coronado is dead

Dec 24, 2010
Well I am extremely happy right now.

It turns out that with an OTG cable, my 4.4.2 RAZR M can suddenly output audio via USB to my Fiio E17 amplifier. I can finally ditch the 2G iPod touch I have been clinging to for years.

Nidstang

May 15, 2014
Google Pixel 6

It turns out that with an OTG cable, my 4.4.2 RAZR M can suddenly output audio via USB to my Fiio E17 amplifier. I can finally ditch the 2G iPod touch I have been clinging to for years.

I am just starting to explore the possibilities of using my M for high quality audio. Does the above work without root, custom rom, etc.? I am not rooted and am bootloader locked and need to remain that way.

Are there any decent guides available on the net on this topic? I have been doing a lot of googling and trying to piece things together but haven't found a good consolidated source for information.

Thanks much.

Coronado is dead

Dec 24, 2010
I am just starting to explore the possibilities of using my M for high quality audio. Does the above work without root, custom rom, etc.? I am not rooted and am bootloader locked and need to remain that way.

Are there any decent guides available on the net on this topic? I have been doing a lot of googling and trying to piece things together but haven't found a good consolidated source for information.

Thanks much.

Worked before I even rooted, all stock. Just used and OTG cable and connected it to my DAC/AMP.

GnatGoSplat

Apr 29, 2007
Is there a USB sound standard I should be looking for to find devices that work? Or does it work with any USB sound device?

kabaldan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2009
Prague
android.doshaska.net
Is there a USB sound standard I should be looking for to find devices that work? Or does it work with any USB sound device?

It's called 'class compliant' USB audio device.
If it works on Windows, Macintosh etc. without the need to install a device specific driver, it's probably class compliant.

Btw., the support for OTG connected class compliant USB DACs has been present in CM builds for Razr M/HD family since September 2013.

Reactions: GnatGoSplat

Coronado is dead

Dec 24, 2010
If it works on Windows, Macintosh etc. without the need to install a device specific driver, it's probably class compliant.

Btw., the support for OTG connected class compliant USB DACs has been present in CM builds for Razr M/HD family since September 2013.

That is true, but seeing as I need Bluetooth in all its glory and some other things that never seemed to work right in CM11, I am glad to see it in a stock build :)

GnatGoSplat

Apr 29, 2007

:good: Was able to pick up for a whopping $1.04 shipped, a USB audio dongle from eBay which works great, but needs external power.

Now if only I could get PodMode to work, I'd have a perfect 1-plug replacement for an old iPod.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.