FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Portable speaker ?

2,004 posts
Thanks Meter: 737

By warea, Senior Member on 14th June 2014, 08:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Im looking to buy a wireless portable (mid range portable and too tiny) speaker. Which one do you guys suggest in terms of sound quality (ofcourse), pricing and latest connectivity options (Wi-Fi, NFC)?

Found three selections: Bose Soundtouch 20, Sonos Play 5 and Sony SRSX7
15th June 2014, 06:14 PM |#2  
Flag Wien/Sofia
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I have personal experience with two models: X-mini II and JBL Micro wireless. I didn't own them, but they were sold as iphone accessories where I used to work. Both are worth the money, X-mini is louder and with a little bit distorted sound/bass when at full volume, while the JBL is somewhat more cultivated and clearer.
But overall the X-mini was sold 3:1 vs the JBL. You can also chain the x-minis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWzd4aGaZ9A
16th June 2014, 07:46 AM |#3  
Huawei Fan
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klincharov

I have personal experience with two models: X-mini II and JBL Micro wireless. I didn't own them, but they were sold as iphone accessories where I used to work. Both are worth the money, X-mini is louder and with a little bit distorted sound/bass when at full volume, while the JBL is somewhat more cultivated and clearer.
But overall the X-mini was sold 3:1 vs the JBL. You can also chain the x-minis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWzd4aGaZ9A

Thanks. I checked them out but they are smaller than what im looking for.

The size of Bose Soundtouch 20 is fine by me. Im not looking for a pocket portable, but more like something that can sit on your pc desk or bed table without occupying much space and looking modern.But it seems the three devices i mentioned in earlier post are the only ones with all latest connectivity options. The JBL authentics L8 looks great too, but pricey. When i went shopping i saw a lot of portable speakers which i couldn't recognize so i had to come home and check online what the heck is going on in the portable speaker world. It seems most portable speakers are bluetooth ones only, and does not have Wifi, NFC, etc.
16th June 2014, 12:52 PM |#4  
Flag Wien/Sofia
Thanks Meter: 22

More
So you are ideally looking for an optionally battery powered docking station with speakers
19th July 2014, 04:52 PM |#5  
Flag İstanbul
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Cool
I use creative wifi spekar only 1 sec lag
19th July 2014, 07:32 PM |#6  
Huawei Fan
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindlessRanger

I use creative wifi spekar only 1 sec lag

Which one is it ? http://www.creative.com/letsgowireless/products.aspx

I see they only support bluetooth and not wifi.
24th July 2014, 01:22 PM |#7  
Huawei Fan
OP Senior Member

More
The Libratone live also good enough as the Bose Soundtouch 20.

And then i came across the sound bar types which comes with wifi, DLNA, etc, and i wonder how is the sound performance in comparison.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)