[Q] 360 Security needs root access to remove trojan

Search This thread

King Jojo

Jun 21, 2014
Hi!
I have an LG G2 on T-Mobile - for the 2 months I've had it, the device has been real swell. Super fast, nice screen, whatever.
I have AVG Security installed, as well as Lookout Mobile Security and 360 Security. I'm paranoid, whatever.
So I was doing a scan using 360 Security, because my phone was acting slow (OH NO AN LG G2 HAS BEEN SLOW WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO!!!). The scan concluded that I trojan. Specifically, it says:
Malware(1)
demo stub
Trojan(In ROM)

So I tap on "Finish", which leads be back to the screen for scanning the phone. I then tap on "Resolve All", which brings up a pop-up message box:
"Warning
The listed malicious programs have been flashed into the system directory. Root privileges are required to remove them. Please grant root privileges to 360 Security or re-flash your device with an official ROM.

demo stub
Trojan"
My only option here is to click "OK", at which point nothing else happens.

1. How can I allow 360 Security root access?
2. I've never rooted my device, nor have I done anything fancy with it (except I've been using Nova Launcher, that shouldn't cause any issues), so how could this have happened? No apps from unknown sources have been downloaded - and any app from the playstore that was scanned upon downloading as adware, malware, trojan, or posing any security threat was uninstalled immediately.

I really don't know a lot about this stuff, so I'm worried my phone will only get progressively slower, and perhaps someone out there is accessing any "information" on my phone. So how can I get 360 Security root access so it remove the trojan?
Thank you in advance!

Reactions: marlaven

King Jojo

Jun 21, 2014
Would I have to root my device for that method to work? I'm sorry if that's like a really stupid question, I'm not savvy enough to root and I know nothing about it, and I'm not willing to take the risk of rooting a device if it means the warranty is void, etc.
If that method doesn't entail rooting, what would I have to do. I googled it and only found various forum posts regarding rooting.
Was hoping there was some administrator setting within 360 Security or within my phone that gives me the ability to grant 360 Security root access.
Also, none of my other anti virus apps detect a Trojan (lookout, avg and one other one, hornet something??). Maybe 360 is falsely detecting a Trojan? My device has been a bit wacky every once in a while. Maybe something else - not a Trojan - is causing this?

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
I can't guess why you are having issues or why one is detecting a trojan and others are not.
You asked how to give the security program root, and that is what I provided you with.
There is no way to give any app etc root without rooting first.
If you are not comfortable rooting or don't want to void your warranty etc, then there is no way to remove the trojan unless its an app you downloaded from the market. In which case, you can go there and uninstall it.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

King Jojo

Jun 21, 2014
Alrighty. Well thank you for the help, and I guess I will start inspecting how to root.
Thank you though, I really do appreciate it!

tripathi

Jul 23, 2014
maxx ax8 android

when l use 360 security for clean up my mobile maxx ax8 then i results find there are trojan in rom pls grant root priviliges to 360 security. pls tell me what can i do to grant root priviliges to 360 security

Killwish

Jun 28, 2014
Hell
Samsung Galaxy M31
when l use 360 security for clean up my mobile maxx ax8 then i results find there are trojan in rom pls grant root priviliges to 360 security. pls tell me what can i do to grant root priviliges to 360 security

You have to root your device to grant for privileges to any app... Search XDA about rooting your device..

But in my opinion these Antivirus apps are just craps... Nothing useful.. Don't use these kind of apps...

Hit thank button if this post helped you

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Hi!
I have an LG G2 on T-Mobile - for the 2 months I've had it, the device has been real swell. Super fast, nice screen, whatever.
I have AVG Security installed, as well as Lookout Mobile Security and 360 Security. I'm paranoid, whatever.
So I was doing a scan using 360 Security, because my phone was acting slow (OH NO AN LG G2 HAS BEEN SLOW WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO!!!). The scan concluded that I trojan. Specifically, it says:
Malware(1)
demo stub
Trojan(In ROM)

So I tap on "Finish", which leads be back to the screen for scanning the phone. I then tap on "Resolve All", which brings up a pop-up message box:
"Warning
The listed malicious programs have been flashed into the system directory. Root privileges are required to remove them. Please grant root privileges to 360 Security or re-flash your device with an official ROM.

demo stub
Trojan"

2. I've never rooted my device, nor have I done anything fancy with it (except I've been using Nova Launcher, that shouldn't cause any issues), so how could this have happened? No apps from unknown sources have been downloaded - and any app from the playstore that was scanned upon downloading as adware, malware, trojan, or posing any security threat was uninstalled immediately.

I really don't know a lot about this stuff, so I'm worried my phone will only get progressively slower, and perhaps someone out there is accessing any "information" on my phone. So how can I get 360 Security root access so it remove the trojan?
Thank you in advance!

Reactions: King Jojo

hutson23

Sep 2, 2012
demo stub is coming out in the newer OTAs from T-Mobile..I didnt receive it in the OTA but all the ROMs based on the newest firmware have it. I think it's harmless but it does have a ton of permissions..
I just Uninstalled it with TB and I Have not seen any bad effects.Hope that helps. By the way.. it's not whats slowing your phone down.
But just Uninstall it anyway to put your mind at ease.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: King Jojo

King Jojo

Jun 21, 2014
Thank you so so so much for letting me know about this! I'm not able to uninstall it - only allowed to disable it (which I did but 360 still calls it a trojan). But now I'm no longer worried. Thank you so much!

Reactions: hutson23

akhil7kh

Oct 30, 2015
Hi!
I have an karbonn S1 titanium which was working in good condition. Engrik ,pro &Y-apps etc is a Trojan which I got to know when I downloaded 360 Security app. Then after scanning it and then I got an option for allow an root then I confirmed but the root was failed. I had tried many times but it was failed.
Please you can help!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!
    Malware(1)
    demo stub
    Trojan(In ROM)

"Warning

demo stub
    Trojan"

Thank you in advance!

You have to root your device to grant for privileges to any app... Search XDA about rooting your device..

But in my opinion these Antivirus apps are just craps... Nothing useful.. Don't use these kind of apps...

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Hi!
    Malware(1)
    demo stub
    Trojan(In ROM)

"Warning

demo stub
    Trojan"

Thank you in advance!

demo stub is coming out in the newer OTAs from T-Mobile..I didnt receive it in the OTA but all the ROMs based on the newest firmware have it. I think it's harmless but it does have a ton of permissions..
    I just Uninstalled it with TB and I Have not seen any bad effects.Hope that helps. By the way.. it's not whats slowing your phone down.
    But just Uninstall it anyway to put your mind at ease.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Thank you so so so much for letting me know about this! I'm not able to uninstall it - only allowed to disable it (which I did but 360 still calls it a trojan). But now I'm no longer worried. Thank you so much!