FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Game streaming to other Android devices or PCs with Moonlight and GeForce Experience

482 posts
Thanks Meter: 426

By cgutman, Senior Member on 31st October 2013, 02:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th July 2014, 05:01 PM |#991  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Angry some idea...
support "Spen" would be great to use photoshop.
There is a tablet "NvidiaShield" with stylus.

24th July 2014, 07:05 PM |#992  
Flag Vancouver, WA
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZURPLE

Hey,

I just got my Nvidia Shield and was wondering if it's possible to stream games that aren't in Steam?

Cheers

There is a tab in the GeForce Experience program in your taskbar that let's you assign custom paths to programs and games installed on your PC. From there, they will appear on the Shield or LimeLight as runnable GameStream ready programs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallnerd1985

There is a tab in the GeForce Experience program in your taskbar that let's you assign custom paths to programs and games installed on your PC. From there, they will appear on the Shield or LimeLight as runnable GameStream ready programs without relying on Steam Big Picture mode.

24th July 2014, 10:00 PM |#993  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thumbs up Xiaomi limelight streaming mipad test!!
I just want to share with you my test with xiaomi mipad just to let you know that decoder latency is only 19ms!!!!!!
It works beautifully in the hi-res display and latency rocks!

Thanks for such an incredible app cgutman.

Regards
25th July 2014, 12:48 AM |#994  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Any chance we will see a input overlay or some sort of input customization features? I noticed that double-tap acts like a mouse click but the delay is too short. This is perfect for playing something like Hearthstone which doesn't really take much input, just looking for a way to "click" a little easier. Using rooted G3.
25th July 2014, 08:49 AM |#995  
Flag Las Cruces, NM
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:

Yeah, they sell the combo either on amazon or Best Buy for $45 that has a Wireless controller and USB receiver that would work for what you are trying to do.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004QR...=SS115&simLd=1

The Xbox 360 Controller is the best compatible controller and won't interfere with the WiFi connection. For some reason, most Android devices have both the Bluetooth and WiFi radios on the same chip so when both are on and connected, it causes a lot of interference. Stay away from BT controllers because they are not worth the headache.

Your statement here about Bluetooth controllers, does that apply only to 2.4Ghz WiFi?

I love limelight but I can't use it at home on my Nexus 5 over same network local wifi while I'm using my Moga Pro Bluetooth controller. Works fine with a wired Xbox 360 controller though. I assumed my old wireless-n 2.4Ghz router was the issue, so I am planning to buy a Netgear R6250 AC1600 router because I thought I'd be able to easily stream in home with that while using my Moga Pro.
25th July 2014, 01:47 PM |#996  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Gamepad problem with non GFE games
Hi everyone !

I'm currently having an issue with limelight launched on a Asus transformer pad with a wired Xbox USB controller (not OTG, a classic USB connection via the keyboard).

I don't have any trouble whatsoever in making the soft working with GFE scanned games like Skyrim, whether it is launched separately or through steam. But when it comes to a non GFE game (scanned by GFE but not included on the GFE library), it is not working anymore.

As an example, I tried with Sonic & All Star Racing Transformed. The game has been integrated in steam as a non steam game and is not integrated in GFE library. Tried to launch it through steam with limelight. The controller is working well at the steam library choice step, but the second I launch the game, the streaming continues without any gamepad support.
However, the asus keyboard works but not all the keys (I can accelerate with ctrl, run backwards with space and that's pretty much it, no way to turn with the arrow keys, although it's working with my computer keyboard...?)

I also noticed that the commands for this games are set through an external launcher.exe, is that the reason why my Xbox Pad is not working on android ?
And why the hell the arrow keys are not mapped when ctrl and space keys are ?

I've searched any similar issue on this topic without success, so any help would be greatly appreciated !
Thanks in advance !
25th July 2014, 07:22 PM |#997  
Flag Vancouver, WA
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegizmo83

Your statement here about Bluetooth controllers, does that apply only to 2.4Ghz WiFi?

I love limelight but I can't use it at home on my Nexus 5 over same network local wifi while I'm using my Moga Pro Bluetooth controller. Works fine with a wired Xbox 360 controller though. I assumed my old wireless-n 2.4Ghz router was the issue, so I am planning to buy a Netgear R6250 AC1600 router because I thought I'd be able to easily stream in home with that while using my Moga Pro.

It will be the same issue for most phone models out there due to the manufacturer because of the cheap parts they use for the BT/WiFi antennas, especially the N5. 5 GHz will improve it but will still interfere and expected packet losses will occur.

25th July 2014, 09:53 PM |#998  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaBouM

Now i have a very small latency, 720/60 2 or 3 ms, 1080/30 4 or 5ms and 1080/60 5 or 6ms... whoo great

How do you measure the exact latency in order to come up with those numbers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLunsi

NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M

Nope.

Only GTX boards are supported for GameStream. GT boards are not. So you need a laptop with a GTX board, like the Lenovo Y50 or MSI Ghost or Alienware.
25th July 2014, 10:04 PM |#999  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
@Attreyu after running a game limelight show the latency
25th July 2014, 10:14 PM |#1000  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaBouM

@Attreyu after running a game limelight show the latency

Oh, I did not know that ! Well, that´s an awesome latency then, basically instantaneously.
25th July 2014, 10:50 PM |#1001  
Flag Las Cruces, NM
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:

It will be the same issue for most phone models out there due to the manufacturer because of the cheap parts they use for the BT/WiFi antennas, especially the N5. 5 GHz will improve it but will still interfere and expected packet losses will occur.

Well that kinda sucks! Using the moga controller is a lot more convenient because it has the holder for the phone... It would be perfect if you could use the moga over USB instead of Bluetooth!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, game streaming, gamestream, geforce experience, shield

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)