Mugen Power 4600 mah and 2500 mah batteries for ZR

Search This thread

djpeesh

Nov 6, 2007
So while randomly trawling the Internet for accessories for the ZR, I stumbled on this.

Mugen Power has come up with two batteries for the zr. The 4600 mah version comes with a battery door of course, while the 2500 mah one promises to fit into the existing back cover but for $44, doesn't quite make sense to spend that much money on a battery that will give you 9% more battery life.

I thought about getting the 4600 mah battery (deliveries begin in the first week of September) but two things held me back:
1. Will the new back door support nfc and the waterproofing? Not sure about this. The website doesn't have any proper images.
2. The phone looks like a whale.

What do you guys think?

Here's the link in case you're interested and for a 7% discount, use the coupon code "MUGENRULEZ"

http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/mugen-power-2500mah-extended-battery-for-sony-xperia-zr.html

http://www.mugen-power-batteries.co...or-sony-xperia-zr-with-battery-door.html?r=15

DISCLAIMER: I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH MUGEN. USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE USING THIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Sent from my C5503 using Tapatalk 2

E!ch0

May 13, 2013
I think it's have to look like a whale bro.., its still a 4600 mAh battery;)

For the waterproofing, i saw a video on YouTube of the mugen power batteries of the Xperia V, which he's design similar to the ZR, n they say the back cover they provide with the battery is keeping on the waterproof feature, n water can't get inside..

So u don't need to afraid man..;) otherwise u can get one of this n be careful not to be around water..

Still here;)

N!geR -> E!ch0

lilloscar

Feb 8, 2012
Chihuahua, Mx.
I am at one step for make this purshase, and I have the same questions...

Does anyone tasted it? working nfc and waterproof?

Thanks for your answers

goateye

Jun 22, 2010
I had the Mugen-battery to my Xperia V and I was truly disappointed about the door.
It could fall off in my pocket without any reason.
The sealing looked like original but I couldnt rely on the waterproof quality.

The battery itself worked as expected!

Sent from my C5503 using xda app-developers app

andes83

May 24, 2009
Varna
They should make something like a 3000mah that doesn't look like your phone swallowed another one. I could live with a 2-3cm more but this is ridiculous.

Also something like this will be much more good looking.

Last edited:

alan573819

Nov 21, 2012
High Capcity ZR Battery on Ebay

What about this one from Ebay ....

Search for "B612 High Capcity Gold BA950 Battery for Sony Xperia ZR"
(I'm not allowed to post external links yet!)

Anybody tried one of those?

avik735

Mar 15, 2012
Kolkata
Sony Xperia ZR
Moto X Play
Reactions: vbansal89

ynato

Jul 26, 2014
Really interested in the actual capacity of the batteries. Which are fakes? Which are real? Can people who bought them post them here?
I bought the 2600mah for $4 on ebay seller u daily. Its actual capacity is about half of that.
I bought a 2800mah for $5 from ebay seller niking niking and its actual capacity is seems to be close to the original 2300mah, a bit less.

player0508

Jul 7, 2014
Really interested in the actual capacity of the batteries. Which are fakes? Which are real? Can people who bought them post them here?
I bought the 2600mah for $4 on ebay seller u daily. Its actual capacity is about half of that.
I bought a 2800mah for $5 from ebay seller niking niking and its actual capacity is seems to be close to the original 2300mah, a bit less.

:good: so what did you find out with the actual capacity? Anything close to what they are advertising?

ynato

Jul 26, 2014
:good: so what did you find out with the actual capacity? Anything close to what they are advertising?

I went by how fast the battery % it fell. the 2800mah(niking-niking) for $5 is still pretty good for the price considering the capacity is slightly less than the original battery(probably 2200~2300).

il2stormo

May 2, 2014
Avoid this battery...

There are too many bad, cheap batteries being sold. I decided to buy one just for the sake of it and it performed horribly. It came in a sealed plastic wrap with the "BA950" word and an Android logo, nothing else. The battery was made really poorly. The wrap is made of paper (yes, paper) and the specs don't match the real capacity. My phone turned off at about 55% every time and the charging time was 90 min. It has a Sony Ericsson logo :silly: and an "A&J" sticker (brand?) on the back and a very bad SONY one on the front. It costs 5 bucks, but believe me, you don't want to buy it. Save those bucks for a better battery instead. You have been warned :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts