FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Q] another way to download Google translate offline package (android Ver.)?

62 posts
Thanks Meter: 9
 
By banditboy13, Member on 14th April 2013, 04:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th July 2014, 08:20 PM |#31  
Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpu1u

Thank you dzsergio I did this and it worked flawlessly on 3 different devices, but it's weird that it didn't worked on my s5, I even rooted it and then tryed again, it continues the download from where I "paused the connection" even do I owerwrited with the full zip... I installed sd fix etc, tryed a lot of ways didn't work, I'm looking on the idea of Desmanto, it seems intresting.

I hope you will find a way and tell us how to do this Local Host server Desmanto, that would be great.

Hi Alex. It is not working anymore. Google has reinforced both the app and the dl.google.com domain. Both translate app and dl.google.com domain force you to use https, which is impossible to redirect again. Because if you start the dl.google.com domain using server ultimate, it use its own certificate, which is not trusted. Thus, the app refuse to connect, since it thinks the connection has been hijacked. It took me about an hour before I realize why the web server cannot provide the file. I test it at translate 3.0.10.

So, back to old ways, like dzsergio has explained. Start download, as soon as the progress shows 0% > turn off wifi > replace the zip > turn on wifi > the GT will directly unpacking the zip and installed the langpack immediately. No root needed. Maybe ur s5 is combining both connection (cell + wifi). Try turning off ur data connection before trying it again. And remember the zip file must be from dl.google.com directly. You cannot rezip the existing file/folder and expect it to work. Since the app using SHA-1 to check the zip integrity. Last time, I wasted about a day just to realize this!

The replace zip method leads me into thinking about creating a profile in tasker (since I am learning using it right now), to automate the process. This profile should monitor the notification and the tasks are turn off wifi, replace zip, turn on wifi. It is just a concept, but maybe someone who is skillful at tasker can help us to create the app to automate this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Desmanto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Desmanto Ad-Free
 
 
27th July 2014, 01:54 AM |#32  
alexpu1u's Avatar
Member
Flag Constanta
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
My zips are from google, but I downloaded them like a few monts ago. Do I need to redownload them did they changed? Because I retryed for days and it seems not to work on my s5. I will try again....


EDIT:
I tryed again on multiple devices, only on my s5 it continues from where of data"paused", the other devices complete as usual....
I even rooted the s5 and installed nextappsdfix still the same... I don't get it. I.'m curious if is there anyone who did this on there s5...
It's wierd because it worked flawlessly when I tryed with the same zip files even same translate. apk that i shared with apk share, on 3 diferent devices but on the s5 it just continues from 2% - 5% etc...
I'm using an other device as a hotspot and I tryed so muvh and killed a lot of data with no use...
It.'s on my phone memory I will try on sd card hope it works, otherwise I eill give up and search for a free wifi connection.
( I'm a truck driver andf I travel all over europe, and the dictionary is usefull, but is hard with the internet connection... expensive data...)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmanto

Hi Alex. It is not working anymore. Google has reinforced both the app and the dl.google.com domain. Both translate app and dl.google.com domain force you to use https, which is impossible to redirect again. Because if you start the dl.google.com domain using server ultimate, it use its own certificate, which is not trusted. Thus, the app refuse to connect, since it thinks the connection has been hijacked. It took me about an hour before I realize why the web server cannot provide the file. I test it at translate 3.0.10.

So, back to old ways, like dzsergio has explained. Start download, as soon as the progress shows 0% > turn off wifi > replace the zip > turn on wifi > the GT will directly unpacking the zip and installed the langpack immediately. No root needed. Maybe ur s5 is combining both connection (cell + wifi). Try turning off ur data connection before trying it again. And remember the zip file must be from dl.google.com directly. You cannot rezip the existing file/folder and expect it to work. Since the app using SHA-1 to check the zip integrity. Last time, I wasted about a day just to realize this!

The replace zip method leads me into thinking about creating a profile in tasker (since I am learning using it right now), to automate the process. This profile should monitor the notification and the tasks are turn off wifi, replace zip, turn on wifi. It is just a concept, but maybe someone who is skillful at tasker can help us to create the app to automate this.

27th July 2014, 04:31 AM |#33  
Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpu1u

My zips are from google, but I downloaded them like a few monts ago. Do I need to redownload them did they changed? Because I retryed for days and it seems not to work on my s5. I will try again....


EDIT:
I tryed again on multiple devices, only on my s5 it continues from where of data"paused", the other devices complete as usual....
I even rooted the s5 and installed nextappsdfix still the same... I don't get it. I.'m curious if is there anyone who did this on there s5...
It's wierd because it worked flawlessly when I tryed with the same zip files even same translate. apk that i shared with apk share, on 3 diferent devices but on the s5 it just continues from 2% - 5% etc...
I'm using an other device as a hotspot and I tryed so muvh and killed a lot of data with no use...
It.'s on my phone memory I will try on sd card hope it works, otherwise I eill give up and search for a free wifi connection.
( I'm a truck driver andf I travel all over europe, and the dictionary is usefull, but is hard with the internet connection... expensive data...)

quick conclusion : S5 is too smart to be tricked using old trick (JK)
I also have the zip file from april 2014, still working right now. I assume there is something to do with the default download manager. AFAIK, translate use the built in download manager to download the zip. Maybe ur S5 store/cache the temporary downloaded zip somewhere else. I don't know, but you've got to find it. Google Translate should store the data on the primary external storage. In most of the samsung devices I have ever seen, the primary will be emulated internal sdcard (not the microsd). You should see the google translate folder at the storage that indicates the GT store the data there. Or back to last resort, free wifi.
The Following User Says Thank You to Desmanto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Desmanto Ad-Free
27th July 2014, 02:27 PM |#34  
alexpu1u's Avatar
Member
Flag Constanta
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
I find the file is in the ph9ne memory at 1% I see that it has only like 100kb aproximative, I overwrite the full c.zip file with the 37mb file and it just co tinues with 2%... wierd, I searched for a nother place norhing found.
It's very wierd, same apk same zip files on 4 diferent devices, it's clearlly s5's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmanto

quick conclusion : S5 is too smart to be tricked using old trick (JK)
I also have the zip file from april 2014, still working right now. I assume there is something to do with the default download manager. AFAIK, translate use the built in download manager to download the zip. Maybe ur S5 store/cache the temporary downloaded zip somewhere else. I don't know, but you've got to find it. Google Translate should store the data on the primary external storage. In most of the samsung devices I have ever seen, the primary will be emulated internal sdcard (not the microsd). You should see the google translate folder at the storage that indicates the GT store the data there. Or back to last resort, free wifi.

28th July 2014, 07:00 PM |#35  
Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpu1u

I find the file is in the ph9ne memory at 1% I see that it has only like 100kb aproximative, I overwrite the full c.zip file with the 37mb file and it just co tinues with 2%... wierd, I searched for a nother place norhing found.
It's very wierd, same apk same zip files on 4 diferent devices, it's clearlly s5's fault.

Yeah, definitely something is wrong with the zip recognition. Unfortunately I don't have any S5 to try this out. But you can try this :
  1. Turn off data connection and turn on wifi
  2. start download and wait until 0 or 1 %
  3. turn off wifi immediately
  4. long tap at the progress, go to app info and force stop the download
  5. Replace the zip and wait until the download notif came back
  6. turn on wifi and see whether it works or not
you can try to swap the step number 3, 4 and 5 to see if it works. Means, try to turn off wifi > replace zip > force stop. Next time, try force stop > turn off wifi > replace zip. AFAIk, the download notif will came back even if you force stop it, approx after 30 seconds. IDK if it works, but seems worth trying rather than finding free wifi. Or you can try older version of translate, maybe 3.0.7 or 3.0.5.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Desmanto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Desmanto Ad-Free
29th July 2014, 12:10 AM |#36  
alexpu1u's Avatar
Member
Flag Constanta
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
I have google translate 3.0.5 and tryed the old metod on it , I will try what you suggested and swap the steps if doesn't work, I'll keep in touch.

Edit: I tryed all the possible swaps, no luck. ( Later I even tryed disabling and enabling the download manager, bad ide, is like canceling the download, just wanted to give it a try).
I even tryed to force stop enable connection force stop again etc, all kinds of aditional swaping metods.
Any other ideas, tips?

Thank you for your time and posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmanto

Yeah, definitely something is wrong with the zip recognition. Unfortunately I don't have any S5 to try this out. But you can try this :

  1. Turn off data connection and turn on wifi
  2. start download and wait until 0 or 1 %
  3. turn off wifi immediately
  4. long tap at the progress, go to app info and force stop the download
  5. Replace the zip and wait until the download notif came back
  6. turn on wifi and see whether it works or not
you can try to swap the step number 3, 4 and 5 to see if it works. Means, try to turn off wifi > replace zip > force stop. Next time, try force stop > turn off wifi > replace zip. AFAIk, the download notif will came back even if you force stop it, approx after 30 seconds. IDK if it works, but seems worth trying rather than finding free wifi. Or you can try older version of translate, maybe 3.0.7 or 3.0.5.



Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
29th July 2014, 07:10 AM |#37  
Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpu1u

I have google translate 3.0.5 and tryed the old metod on it , I will try what you suggested and swap the steps if doesn't work, I'll keep in touch.

Edit: I tryed all the possible swaps, no luck. ( Later I even tryed disabling and enabling the download manager, bad ide, is like canceling the download, just wanted to give it a try).
I even tryed to force stop enable connection force stop again etc, all kinds of aditional swaping metods.
Any other ideas, tips?

Thank you for your time and posting.





Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

Auww, that's bad. Maybe you should try to brainstorming with another S5 users at the forum. Kindly ask them to try the method in this thread, and see whether they figured it out how to solve it. It seems to be S5 spesific problem. Or free wifi is the last choice
4th August 2014, 06:56 PM |#38  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 153
 
More
On S4 mini here. I don't even see a percentage. It does not get that far. It does say "Starting to download files..." I get error code 1000 with option to retry and cancel. The wifi-off-replace trick did not work, there is nothing to replace. If i add the downloaded zip instead of replacing (because there is nothing to replace), the app tries to continue the downloading after enabling wifi again (which ofcourse fails). I tried this on a s3 mini and there it just downloads and installs fine.

Any out there with the same? if this is not the same problem.

Could this have something to do with the text-to-speech app? if so Android System might need internet acces.
6th August 2014, 04:04 AM |#39  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Just download language file and core file and extract the folder and paste it on the location ...plz see the snapshot from my htc one x

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1407290562955.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (45.7 KB, 520 views)
11th August 2014, 06:34 PM |#40  
Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizokan

On S4 mini here. I don't even see a percentage. It does not get that far. It does say "Starting to download files..." I get error code 1000 with option to retry and cancel. The wifi-off-replace trick did not work, there is nothing to replace. If i add the downloaded zip instead of replacing (because there is nothing to replace), the app tries to continue the downloading after enabling wifi again (which ofcourse fails). I tried this on a s3 mini and there it just downloads and installs fine.

Any out there with the same? if this is not the same problem.

Could this have something to do with the text-to-speech app? if so Android System might need internet acces.

Do your wifi have internet access? Or maybe you S4 mini wifi setting is using the wrong IP address/DNS. Try to open up ur browser and check if it can actually surf internet. Your S4 mini must be able to connect to the internet in order to start the download. Maybe you have use certain app to limit the wifi interface or some sort of firewall. It is yours to check.

I have done this in more than 10 devices, the replace trick always works. (except for the S5 above)
The Following User Says Thank You to Desmanto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Desmanto Ad-Free
11th August 2014, 11:05 PM |#41  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 153
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmanto

Do your wifi have internet access? Or maybe you S4 mini wifi setting is using the wrong IP address/DNS. Try to open up ur browser and check if it can actually surf internet. Your S4 mini must be able to connect to the internet in order to start the download. Maybe you have use certain app to limit the wifi interface or some sort of firewall. It is yours to check.

I have done this in more than 10 devices, the replace trick always works. (except for the S5 above)

Internet in all other apps works like it supposed to, it's just the translate app. Yes i do have firewall but i have not restricted the app. The app does recognizes the wifi connection but it fails without even showing 0%. Only the "Downloading core language pack...". I do have Android System (all apps that belong to the same uid (user ID) 1000) restricted. Maybe just like with downloading keyboard languages, Android System needs also internet access, even though the app is not part of the Android System group.

Anyway thanks for your reply, for me it's not that of a big deal if i can't use the app (offline).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes