[ROM/MOD 4.0.4] Multi-lang based on marius 3.5 ROM with good video recording, v3.5.2

Search This thread

htc_desire_luke

Jan 9, 2013
urgent help needed

Stuck in boot loop after installing mount2sd.
can not get back into recovery to wipe and re-install.
somebody please help.

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

finally found how to get back to recovery:)

---------- Post added at 04:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 AM ----------

cant seem to enable it on here..
used it many times....but forgotten or doing something wrong....
typed 'su'
but a2sd install doesnt give me right command??
plwase help:confused:

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

typed 'su'

---------- Post added at 05:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

got gmail installed but can not open app keep getting gmail has stopped.
any help on this one.
many thanks:confused:

mesiu84

Apr 19, 2011
Clearwater
Stuck in boot loop after installing mount2sd.
can not get back into recovery to wipe and re-install.
somebody please help.

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

finally found how to get back to recovery:)

---------- Post added at 04:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 AM ----------

typed 'su'

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

typed 'su'

---------- Post added at 05:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

got gmail installed but can not open app keep getting gmail has stopped.
any help on this one.
many thanks:confused:

Read the first post and just do it step by step.

htc_desire_luke

Jan 9, 2013
a2sd

Maybe the Rom doesn't have a2sd built in that's why it didn't work I think its different script.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Free mobile app

I think it does??
think in the steps proc. it mentions it somewhere...:confused:

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Maybe the Rom doesn't have a2sd built in that's why it didn't work I think its different script.

mms not working for me
doesnt work on either 2g or 3g
apn is correct.

any ideas

I am on vodafone portugal, and since using custom roms there has been an issue with sending mms.

This has been the biggest problem for me.

I would ask you to send me mms to (00351) 916 82 66 23, but b4 u do send me txt so I can turn on 3g, have been able to receive, but not download image. using default sms.

mesiu84

Apr 19, 2011
Clearwater
I think it does??
think in the steps proc. it mentions it somewhere...:confused:

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

mms not working for me
doesnt work on either 2g or 3g
apn is correct.

any ideas

I am on vodafone portugal, and since using custom roms there has been an issue with sending mms.

This has been the biggest problem for me.

I would ask you to send me mms to (00351) 916 82 66 23, but b4 u do send me txt so I can turn on 3g, have been able to receive, but not download image. using default sms.

As to MMS look over Internet and find out how big MMS can you send, my operator allows only 200kb or something like that, I use image shrink url1, url2 because by default MMS is bigger then 200kb.

Reactions: ze7zez

Saf98

Aug 7, 2013
??<
U need kernel 3 for mms to work anyway but u can try 3rd party mms apps.

mesiu84

Apr 19, 2011
Clearwater
i did type su
and
a2sd install, but it didnt do what it was meant to, maybe I had to type A2sd and not a2sd??

This ROM uses Int2ext4 and mount2sd. I guess that if you would like to use a2sd you have to install it from recovery and probably modify this ROM a little. Int2ext4 script s in here: /system/etc/init.d/40int2ext, if you don't wont to use it remove the script, but remember that after reboot some apps may not work.
mount2sd is in /system/app/com.spazedog.mounts2sd-1.apk remove the app and like before remember that some apps may not work

After that you probably have to install a2sd scrtript from recovery and then activate it from command line.

I guess that you should try to install this ROM with mount2sd and then open the app and move all files from SD card to phone memory, then uninstall the app, I'm not sure because I'm only using Int2ext4, works great for me.

Reactions: The Prince1

Saf98

Aug 7, 2013
??<
Not true, I've got MMS working on stock SMS/MMS app but only when using 2G, I'm able to send/recieve MMS without problems.

Yh that's good if you got it working, maybe you should show how you got it working to help other devs.

Last edited:

The Prince1

Oct 24, 2012
After long long period of time ( two months) trying to fix the problems that I face with this rom, I failed in almost everything.

youtube app doesnt work, keep giving fc.
some programs works only if installed via recovery, while some others works only if installed as apk file (by root explorer) and some others only works if installed from market (google play).

After changing arabic font (by replacing DroidNaskh-Regular.ttf) , the arabic language words shown as separated letters (unreadable).

It is big disappointing, the rom looks very nice but with all of these fc's it is not acceptable.

Any one facing same issues?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a modified version of marius 4.0.4 ROM from here with a MULTI-LANG

I've just took the last 3.5 deodexed version and added languages to all applications I was able to, so it's now fully multi-lang version. I've been using it for the last 2-3 weeks and I've found following issues (they are the same as in 3.5 version):

- MMS work, but I was able to send MMS only when using 2G, so I guess it could be marked as solved

- Calendar don't work - THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!!!
    But just in case I've removed the google calendar app from this ROM, you can install it from Play Store. Then after upgrading all Google apps you should be able to synchronize your calendar. If you still have problems with synchroniztion just go simply into Settings/Account settings and uncheck/check calendar synchronization few times, it will start working after few tries (even up to 10 tries). You could have the same problem with contact synchronization, but just do the same thing as with calendar.

- Battery is another problem. For me the phone didn't worked longer then 24hrs (battery is quite new - 6 months), I wasn't able to do anything about this, as far as I've found in marius thread this is one of the problem that others also have, so I guess it will have to stay like this.

- I wasn't able to install any of Backup applications (Titanium Backup, My backup PRO, ...). To solve this you will have to install the app from recovery (works for 100%).

- I didn't have time to check other things.

DO A FULL WIPE before upgrading from 3.5.1 to 3.5.2.

Here is an installation instruction, if you want this ROM working do it STEP BY STEP:
    1. Download ROM from here
    2. Download SMS/MMS application (I've simply forgot to add it to ROM, so there is the old not multilang version) here
    3. Reboot to recovery.
    4. Perform a full wipe (except SD card of course)
    5. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT STEP - reboot the phone to recovery before installing the ROM (4ext has such options in Power Menu, I don't know if other recoveries have it) - If you install the ROM right after wiping the old one without reboot you have 90% of chances that after the phone boots up you will have a lot of FCs from some google apps, reboot solves this problem.
    6. Install ROM - after installation phone will be rebooted and you will have to configure it for the first time (multilang since 3.5.2)
    7. If you get a lot of FCs after reboot do a full wipe again, recovery reboot (try to do this twice) and install ROM once again.
    8. Install SMS/MMS app, I've forgot to add the multilang version to ROM, I will fix that in next release.

OPTIONAL:

9. Download DaemonController from here and adjust your CPU settings.
    10. If you prefer the launcher that is in default 3.5 ROM you can download it from here

ONE MORE IMPORTANT THING!!!!!
    If after adding a google account you see a lot of FCs from Play Store, Talk ... don't worry about that. Just reboot your phone and open those apps at least one time, then the FCs are gone.
    TODO:

1. Replace settings with the one from default ICS ROM - still got a lot of FC's
    2. Replace systemui with the one from default ICS ROM - still got a lot of FC's
    3. you tell me, and I look at it in a free time (I don't have it much)
    In marius 4.0.4 ROM v 3.5 It was not possible to install cracked apps, Is it the same for this rom too??

And xposed was not working ( it was installed but greenify and other modules were not working), Is it fixed??

Like I've already wrote, This is a modified version of marius 4.0.4 with a MULTI-LANG. The only things I did was to change the launcher and recompiled all apps with more languages. So I guess it has the same problems as marius ROM. Like I wrote, the base of the ROM wasn't changed. Try installing alogcat and look what is causing problems. As for cracked apps, installing them from recovery solves installation problem, the same as with Titanium Backup and MyBackup PRO which I'm using.
    New release is available to download, details and installation instruction in first post.
    I mean like is there any way of finding how it worked on this Ics but not on others?

I would love to know how it's done, but the qiss web page no longer exist and I don't know anyone who has their sorce code :( If you know someone from their team that worked on desire or has the source code somewhere on their hard drive let us know :p