[GLtools]Play Games At MUCH better framerates(eg- GTA3 with steps)

Search This thread

T3snake

Dec 27, 2013
Vadodara
Gltools is awesome !!! Love it <3

I love gltools too.
Btw an update is coming.a
As soon as its released at xda i will post here.

I guess you are saying about ro.sf.lcd_density well, that only changes the scaling factor by which the UI is resized,
And it only works on normal SurfaceView. or in other words.. only those views, defined by a xml files will be resized when changing the ro.sf.lcd_density.

Games use GLSurfaceView and this not resized according to ro.sf.lcd_density. You would have to resize the whole GLSurfaceView to render it in different resolution. And that's what GLtools does, it makes changes in the GLSurfaceViews.

So unless, you are playing those tapping games. that require no use of h/w rendering at all. you won't notice any change in GPU acclerated games when you chagne ro.sf.lcd_density.

I think he ws talkin about the resolution not the dpi.
I dont understand the difference but anyway...
There is opt to reduce resolution too.
I used to lower the resolution(like in pc) on my tab 3 and its effective but our phone is already at the lowest

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Niku-Droid

May 27, 2014
I love gltools too.
Btw an update is coming.a
As soon as its released at xda i will post here.

I used to lower the resolution(like in pc) on my tab 3 and its effective but our phone is already at the lowest

Yea. Eagerly waiting for next update :)

P

psych.half

well, he said
Guys try changing resolution .. Of ur phone .... It may help ... Rather than gltoolz

you mean, Use lower render resolution in GLTools, well, if you set that to 0.5 for our screen the game will actually run at 120x160... but unlike pc, whre actual resolution is changed.. the view is streched later on.. giving blurry, pixelated graphics...

yeah.. this resolution thing is quite confusing.. o_o

slipknat

Jan 8, 2014
astara
hi . my device is xperia ray android 4.2.2 paranoid i want to play game with performance and smooth and lagless . what setting you suggest me ? for example i want play injustice gods among us in my device ( i use full and latest version of gtool)

T3snake

Dec 27, 2013
Vadodara
hi . my device is xperia ray android 4.2.2 paranoid i want to play game with performance and smooth and lagless . what setting you suggest me ? for example i want play injustice gods among us in my device ( i use full and latest version of gtool)
16bit rendering smooths performance and barely reduces any graphics (if u arent a graphic freak)
so use that
also if ur device is good(since i dont know much bout it) then u can use fake gpu to fake adreno320 or tegra 2(if u have a good device with good specs)

Then if u have a low end device like us and want to play a resource intensive game i wud suggest reducing to 0.5x
Also always set texture recompression to none.
And experiment with decompression (if u set to always ull Have Awesome graphics but u may or may not get a better performance)

slipknat

Jan 8, 2014
astara
tnx bro

bro tnx for helping me but i need best perfromance and i dont care to quality. only performance .my devise is xperia ray adroid 4.2.2 paranoid.if you suggest me best performance setting i will be happy :fingers-crossed::eek::angel: *I USE GLTOOLS LATEST VERSION 1.26* this is picture from gltools new added setting . with this new emulation options we can improve performance ? pls bro help me i dont know anything about this graphical things

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-27-23-46-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-27-23-46-28.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 981
Last edited:

T3snake

Dec 27, 2013
Vadodara
bro tnx for helping me but i need best perfromance and i dont care to quality. only performance .my devise is xperia ray adroid 4.2.2 paranoid.if you suggest me best performance setting i will be happy :fingers-crossed::eek::angel: *I USE GLTOOLS LATEST VERSION 1.26* this is picture from gltools new added setting . with this new emulation options we can improve performance ? pls bro help me i dont know anything about this graphical things
i havent tried those
the best wud be to try by trial nd error

LoliIsMe

Oct 29, 2015
Guys I need some guide over here, everything works fine but my game screen doesn't fit to screen instead it shrinked on the top left corner, but the in game button were still in place, meaning I need to tap on the place it was originally at rather than on the shrinked view

Reactions: donnedermane

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gltools (which is similar to chainfire 3d but works on jellybean)
    made by @n0n3m4

Latest Edit:19/03/2014
    it helps in lowering graphics and emulating other gpus so that a game which is tegra exclusive works on all phones
    is a must have app on our phone for gaming
    i tried lowering graphics using gtools3 on gta and the game is working too good
    touch is completely responsive ingame (ie no lags when changing the view) and so on

Go to this thread for gameplay videos on our phone:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51197303

first download free version(limited features) from google play
    or the xda version(all features unlocked) provided by the dev frm this thread
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2615514

(Im using gta 3 as an eg to show how this works)

install gltools
    (Note: Enable backup option in the app in case something goes wrong. a cwm flashable zip which can uninstall gltools will be formed)

open app. then give root access and install tex plugin(and not none otherwise this app wont work)

reboot the phone

open app. a list of apps installed will come up

select ur app(gta 3 for me)

check on enable custom setting

tick forcce 16 bit rendering

tick optimize glsl shaders

set enable texture decomp. to all

set enable texture recomp. to none

set downscale textures to 0.5 and check if it still lags make 0.25x(anything below that will make text unreadable)

i also faked gpu info though it may not be needed (i did adreno 320)

in gta 3 display setting i minimised the resolution and draw distance disabled frame limiter

now the game is very smooth (textures are blurred and graphics are low)
    thats all
    please share ur own config for any game u manage to make smooth

-T3snake
    Games working good:
    I, Gladiator (gpu-adreno)
    Gta 3
    More coming soon

Sent from my GT-S5282 using Tapatalk
    New gltools version right here 1.29
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2828630

Suprisingly im the op
    Since the original thread has disappeared

Sent from my GT-S5282 using Tapatalk
    Can u plz suggest settings for temple run?

Sent from my GT-S5282 using xda premium

Enable custom settings
    Force 16 bit rendering
    Drop visual quality to 0.5x
    Thats all.....

Rest for ram and overall performance of the phone:
    -Dont use task killers...
    -Use Greenify for hibernating apps that are always open. Eg- FB , whatsapp , BBM
    -(Optional)Use tweaks and mods. I recommend Pure graphics HD from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2627406
    Thats all
    It works with asphalt 7 also!!

I tried it and it works with asphalt 7 too:laugh: :good: