If using Framaroot's Install SuperSU fails with 'Exploit work but installation of Superuser and su binary have failed', you can try Framaroot's Execute script option (v 1.9.1 and above) to root the device via below method;
Pre-requisites: Karbonn A1+ Duple with SD Card; Settings - Unknown sources enabled
- Download latest SuperSU (tested ok with v2.02) CWM / TWRP / MobileODIN installable ZIP from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053 and extract the UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.XX.zip to a folder in /sdcard/ of device
- Download latest Framaroot (tested ok with 1.9.3) http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...-root-t2130276 and copy to somewhere in /sdcard/
- Create a file named custom with below contents and copy to /sdcard/ of device
Do remember to replace /sdcard/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02/ with the folder path you got the SuperSU zip extracted to. If you create the file in Windows, do save the file with 'Unix end of lines' using a Text Editor (e.g. Notepad++) and then copy to /sdcard/
cp /sdcard/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02/arm/su /system/xbin/su
chown root:root /system/xbin/su
chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
- If you have older version of Framaroot, uninstall first, install Framaroot latest copied to /sdcard/
- Launch Framaroot, choose Execute script (/sdcard/custom) option and click 'Boromir'
- Framaroot will display "Success ... Superuser and su binary installed. You have to reboot your device"
- Reboot device and install SuperSU from the /sdcard/UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.XX/common/ folder
- Launch SuperSU. In the SuperSU prompt that 'su binary is out of date' click Continue to update the binary
- SuperSU would complete rest of setup and you have root
All the praises should go to talented devs of Framaroot and SuperSU.
I found this method useful in Mac OS X (& should help Linux users) where other root methods that need Windows were not helpful. I guess above method could work for other devices where Framaroot's exploit work but su binary install fails.