Would you guys like a dpi mod?

Search This thread

eZdubzitmk4

Sep 1, 2011
RI
Still learning about the note 3..but I develop for the note 2 and I love 240 dpi on it.

I notice that the note 3 runs at 480 dpi (I think) while note 2 runs 320. So I figure 240 dpi mod might be a bit to small. What size would you guys like so I can whip one up. It will be universal for the most part. I'll make a separate one for alliance users.

Once I get some feedback on dpi requests I'll update this thread and title when it's finished.

eZ

Sent from my Note 3

Reactions: caspersfi

Cod3L1ne

Dec 9, 2013
NC
420apk.tk
I would like to see that option as well as any other ideas or options you want to throw in. Like how about the lg curve weather widget? Some transition effects, spen hover icons, and more lol

Sent from N900A ThunderKat HeadQuarterZ
repu6yqu.jpg

crkdslider

Jul 12, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
www.delsolaviation.com
After I installed Xposed onto this phone, I played around with the App Settings (per app DPI) module, and found that 320 DPI is actually a pretty nice DPI for this phone. It's what I am currently running at.

Here's a screenshot:
jeteda2u.jpg

nyjyvyge.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Reactions: Cod3L1ne

Krunk83

Jul 31, 2012
I just use an app called DPI changer from the play store along with app settings for each individual app.

Cod3L1ne

Dec 9, 2013
NC
420apk.tk
Dpi changer isn't working for me

Edit:.... working
Sent from N900A ThunderKat HeadQuarterZ
dksignature.jpg

Last edited:

roughneckboren

Dec 7, 2010
weatherford oklahoma
I would like to see an app like in the x note 7 port. They have a DPI changer in it and it works awesome. Anytime I try to change the DPI it messes with my dialer and other little elements.

Sent from my XT1028 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Zugshad

Jan 22, 2011
I would like to see an app like in the x note 7 port. They have a DPI changer in it and it works awesome. Anytime I try to change the DPI it messes with my dialer and other little elements.

Us because I think it changes the Dpi for all, did you then go and try appsettings from xsposed to change the dialer and those others to what you want to fix it? That should fix it for you

Sent from my Fired-up Note3

Reactions: roughneckboren

Zugshad

Jan 22, 2011
What's the diff in changing it via one of those apps "App Settings, etc" or changing it in the build.prop file..??

Build.prop will change the whole phone where some of the apps can do it on an app by so basis. But some of them all they are doing is going into the build and doing it for you so you don't go in and accidently change something else

Sent from my Fired-up NoteIII

warfenix

Jan 17, 2011
Someone want to try something for me?. If you have X note 12 downloaded already unzip the rom and pull the Xtransformer app from it. Copy and paste it to your system/app change permission to rw.r.r and let me know if it works.

I ask cause I don't have my comp. Right now and can't recover if I mess something up. But also because I toke the X note 12 Xtransformer app and put it in X note 7 and it works perfectly. I like it better because it has the lower dpi's

Edit: well got my Como back and tested this and the x transform app works on a few other Roms in case anyone was wondering.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Still learning about the note 3..but I develop for the note 2 and I love 240 dpi on it.

I notice that the note 3 runs at 480 dpi (I think) while note 2 runs 320. So I figure 240 dpi mod might be a bit to small. What size would you guys like so I can whip one up. It will be universal for the most part. I'll make a separate one for alliance users.

Once I get some feedback on dpi requests I'll update this thread and title when it's finished.

eZ

Sent from my Note 3
    After I installed Xposed onto this phone, I played around with the App Settings (per app DPI) module, and found that 320 DPI is actually a pretty nice DPI for this phone. It's what I am currently running at.

Here's a screenshot:
    jeteda2u.jpg

nyjyvyge.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Us because I think it changes the Dpi for all, did you then go and try appsettings from xsposed to change the dialer and those others to what you want to fix it? That should fix it for you

Sent from my Fired-up Note3
    Textdroider DPI app - 375 is where it's at.

I use 375 as well. Its been perfect at that for months. And with next launcher its perfect.

Sent via morse code from my front porch light