More
Unhappy Meed my self up SM-N900V
So I followed the steps, 4.4.2 updated
1. edited the build file
2. downloaded the apk.
3. install apk
4. Install Driver.
5. it told me to reboot.
I rebooted and now my phone will show the Samsung logo and then black screen. I left it like that for couple hours and the phone was burning HOT!.

What are my options to recover the phone from this state. Is the firmware is borked? if so how can I re-install the firmware. I can get into ODIN mode (Vol Down+home+pwr) or the system recovery (with many tries Volup+home+power)

Latest Kies does not detect the phone.

Where can I get the stock firmware for the Verizon SM-N900V Note 3. ? and instructions to install it.
Can I recover via ADB which also does not see the phone either.
there is a option in recovery says apply update from ADB. have not tried it yet as I do not have the update.

any help is appreciated.

9th July 2014, 02:19 AM |#142  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 2,422

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojigushi

So I followed the steps, 4.4.2 updated
1. edited the build file
2. downloaded the apk.
3. install apk
4. Install Driver.
5. it told me to reboot.
I rebooted and now my phone will show the Samsung logo and then black screen. I left it like that for couple hours and the phone was burning HOT!.

What are my options to recover the phone from this state. Is the firmware is borked? if so how can I re-install the firmware. I can get into ODIN mode (Vol Down+home+pwr) or the system recovery (with many tries Volup+home+power)

Latest Kies does not detect the phone.

Where can I get the stock firmware for the Verizon SM-N900V Note 3. ? and instructions to install it.
Can I recover via ADB which also does not see the phone either.
there is a option in recovery says apply update from ADB. have not tried it yet as I do not have the update.

any help is appreciated.

Okay. While this seems to look like an issue with this mod, it isn't. I know it looks like that, but hundreds of thousands of people have installed this mod without this issue. Since you can't see your phone via ADB (a Samsung driver issue), you're going to have to flash stock via Odin. Images are here. Odin download link, Samsung drivers, and Odin instructions are all there. Good luck.
9th July 2014, 11:58 AM |#143  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by docnok63

Okay. While this seems to look like an issue with this mod, it isn't. I know it looks like that, but hundreds of thousands of people have installed this mod without this issue. Since you can't see your phone via ADB (a Samsung driver issue), you're going to have to flash stock via Odin. Images are here. Odin download link, Samsung drivers, and Odin instructions are all there. Good luck.

thank you so much for taking the time to reply and providing guidance.

wondering I was currently on N900VVRUCNC4 which is the latest 4.4.2 KK.

I am not sure if I follow the procedure in the link will it void warranty right now the odin and know are 0x0

I downloaded

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=29319

http://dl.sammobile.com/OlFZQz8lJj0m...ZWCNC4_VZW.zip

I take you can flash that with Odin which will get me back to STOCK/. only reason I rooted was to get the sound as I miss Beats from my HTC.
if I flash this with odin will it increase the know count odin count?

I would appreciate the answer
9th July 2014, 01:39 PM |#144  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
[Deleted/Insufficient]
9th July 2014, 04:28 PM |#145  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

As all the stock images still have all the Knox software, this will trip your counter. You don't really have a choice though as your phone won't boot.
12th July 2014, 10:47 PM |#146  
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Quote:

thank you so much for taking the time to reply and providing guidance.

wondering I was currently on N900VVRUCNC4 which is the latest 4.4.2 KK.

I am not sure if I follow the procedure in the link will it void warranty right now the odin and know are 0x0

I downloaded

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=29319

http://dl.sammobile.com/OlFZQz8lJj0m...ZWCNC4_VZW.zip

I take you can flash that with Odin which will get me back to STOCK/. only reason I rooted was to get the sound as I miss Beats from my HTC.
if I flash this with odin will it increase the know count odin count?

Use Triangle Away. If it does trip your counter. Mine didn't trip it.
15th July 2014, 09:15 AM |#147  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
I don't know if the installation method described in the OP makes a big difference... I have used Viper4android and Viper xhifi on my S4 and now on my Note 3 with the simplest installation method and they work really well. All I did was download the zip files and extract the apks. After I installed, I was asked to install the drivers. I ticked "high audio quality" for Viper4android and the drivers installed automatically. For xhifi, you need to choose your CPU type, which is the Cortex with neon one. After the drivers install, you're asked to reboot your device. After rebooting you go to music effects and choose Viper4android. You can then go to the app and configure the equalizer and stuff. This worked for me. But maybe there is something I am missing...

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
28th July 2014, 12:59 PM |#148  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Driver shows as not processing on my Note 3 (UK spec).

Is this a Spotify issue?

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalzero

Driver shows as not processing on my Note 3 (UK spec).

Is this a Spotify issue?

Ah installed A2.3 apk and all working now, amazing bit of kit!
The Following User Says Thank You to finalzero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift finalzero Ad-Free
29th July 2014, 04:23 PM |#149  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemoniq

Thank for all this steps, work perfectly in my Galaxy Note 3 root with Kingo and updated to MJ7 with Mobile Odin Pro

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Thank for all this steps, work perfectly in my Galaxy Note 3 root with Kingo and updated to MJ7 with Mobile Odin Pro

I use Nexus 7 2013. I followed ur steps and boom the sound effects works like gem with Mx player previously i installed it as a user app but never worked.. now i changed it to a system app and it works perfect. Thanks alot man...

I'm using ElementalX kernel and running on stock rom on Nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to vassy.uk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vassy.uk Ad-Free
5th August 2014, 07:28 AM |#150  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN

Donate to Me
More
There hasn't been an update to V4A in quite a while, so I'd like to draw your attention to two audio mods that are compatible with V4A and further enhance your audio experience. These mods change your sound lib directory and modify your system partition, so please make a Nandroid backup before proceeding:

The first is @Vinardo_ZzZ 2000's Elements of Fidelity which is currently at version 20. Scroll wayyyyy down to the bottom of the OP and grab one of the two bottom installers. The bottom is for TouchWiz ROMs and the one above is for AOSP ROMs.

These are flashable AROMA installers, so just wipe Dalvik Cache and Cache, install, repeat wipes, and fix permissions. I tried the Ultra install, but it didn't work on my N3 (thus, the Nandroid backup). Try it, YMMV. When you boot up, V4A will be broken, but you should notice a distinctly clearer sound. If not, use the standard install in AROMA.

Next is @Applicare Studios' eXtremeBeats™. Again, scroll wayyyyy down to the bottom and choose either Studio or eXtremeBass v1.0.0 depending on your listening style.

This is a simple flashable zip and installation should be done the same as above.

Once both mods are installed, open V4A FX and reinstall the top driver. If you have V4A XiFi installed as well, fire that up and install the bottom driver again.

Reboot and enjoy your new eargasm!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to docnok63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift docnok63 Ad-Free
6th August 2014, 12:22 AM |#151  
Flag Bloomington, IL
Thanks Meter: 1,722

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by docnok63

There hasn't been an update to V4A in quite a while, so I'd like to draw your attention to two audio mods that are compatible with V4A and further enhance your audio experience. These mods change your sound lib directory and modify your system partition, so please make a Nandroid backup before proceeding:

The first is @Vinardo_ZzZ 2000's Elements of Fidelity which is currently at version 20. Scroll wayyyyy down to the bottom of the OP and grab one of the two bottom installers. The bottom is for TouchWiz ROMs and the one above is for AOSP ROMs.

These are flashable AROMA installers, so just wipe Dalvik Cache and Cache, install, repeat wipes, and fix permissions. I tried the Ultra install, but it didn't work on my N3 (thus, the Nandroid backup). Try it, YMMV. When you boot up, V4A will be broken, but you should notice a distinctly clearer sound. If not, use the standard install in AROMA.

Next is @Applicare Studios' eXtremeBeats™. Again, scroll wayyyyy down to the bottom and choose either Studio or eXtremeBass v1.0.0 depending on your listening style.

This is a simple flashable zip and installation should be done the same as above.

Once both mods are installed, open V4A FX and reinstall the top driver. If you have V4A XiFi installed as well, fire that up and install the bottom driver again.

Reboot and enjoy your new eargasm!!!

****Anyone interested in this who is on the retail VZW N3 cannot flash this as is. We cannot flash via Aroma with our locked bootloader. You will need to install manually or change the zip to install w/o Aroma.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sound mod, v4a, viper4android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)