US_retail_XT1034_KXB20.9-1.8-1.4_CFC.xml.zip
US_retail_XT1034_14.10.0Q3.X-84-16_CFC.xml.zip

5th August 2014, 05:49 PM |#902  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Phone bootloader needs to stay locked!
hi,

I recently purchased a Moto G (XT1032) in Canada (173.44.39.falcon_umts.Telus.en.CA). I've been trying for the longest time now to install a different stock firmware, linked in this thread, in order to obtain German/Polish display language (MoreLocale2 just does not do it).

Drivers, adb and mfastboot are installed correctly. I tried to go from my pre-installed 4.4.2 to a German 4.4.2 (Blur_Version.176.44.1.falcon_umts.Retail.en.DE) and also a downgrade to 4.3 (Blur_Version.14.91.11.falcon_umts.Retail.en.DE). I strictly followed the instructions in the OP. Both attempts (multiple times) fail on flashing motoboot.img through mfastboot, with the prevalidation failing. I've read through pretty much this entire thread and noticed a lot of people having this problem, others not at all. I would prefer to keep my warranty, therefore I am trying not to unlock the bootloader.

What I understand from the failed flashes is that the bootloader cannot be flashed/overwritten. I am wondering whether this is a general restriction due to the bootloader being locked or a problem with versions of the bootloader. The phone I am holding has bootloader version 41.09 - I believe the
Blur_Version.176.44.1.falcon_umts.Retail.en.DE firmware holds version 41.15 and 41.16. I could not find out which version is held by the 4.3 firmware.

Anybody here willing to help me out? Maybe someone who has successfully switched to a different stock firmware from a Telus/Koodo branded Moto G?
Is it possible to stick to the bootloader I have (not flash it) but try to flash the rest? (which I didnt try yet because I'm afraid of incompatibility issues)
I really don't care which firmware I switch to as long as it holds at least German display language (if Polish is in there too, marvellous!) and receives an OTA to 4.4.x at some point.

Thanks in advance,
cheers
5th August 2014, 08:59 PM |#903  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
nm
5th August 2014, 09:17 PM |#904  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Succesfully downgraded from 4.4.4 to 4.4.2
Hi all,

Like alot of ppls from there i bricked my Moto G XT1032 GPE 4.4.4 at bootloader loop.
All started when i was trying to install Cyanogenmod and forget i am a GPE not a non-GPE. CM asked pe to erase everyting, i erased backup and all but this question was forever. So i lost backup, and everything. My partition changed and i was not able to reinstall any stock roms.

Two nights i was a zoombie to try to revive my Moto, i wanted to revive it with a stock or a GPE again, not that temporal solution with a custom rom that it worked, so really TY for alternative.
So... for two nights i got same errors like all "file is too large" , " gpt.bin failing" and "motoboot.img failing"
Today i succesfully flashed via fastboot the single full firmware 4.4.4 from xt1032 "XT1032_RETAIL-BR-SS_4.4.4_KXB21.14-L1.40_42_cid12_CFC_1FF.xml" without any gpt or motoboot failing error and my device revived again with a stock 4.4.4.

Was so happy but after solved this i wanted to solve also converting to GPE again, then i was downgraded via fastboot to 4.4.3 "RETAIL-BR-SS_4.4.3_KXB21.14-L1.32_34_cid12_CFC_1FF_SVC.xml" , of course i skipped flashing gpt.bin and motoboot.img, Then i downgraded again to 4.4.2 Tesco Retail GB frimware wich was my original firmware, again skipping flashing gpt and motoboot, also succesfull. Now i converted my moto G to moto g GPE using MotoToolAioV3, and installed 4.4.4 OTA update.

So should work on other XT`s to try install a 4.4.4 stock, then downgrade to 4.4.3 with same stock region, then downgrade again to 4.4.2 with any other region. If it works let us to know.

Hopes will work for u guys !
cheers and hit thanks button if i helped someone.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zerro4cool For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zerro4cool Ad-Free
5th August 2014, 09:23 PM |#905  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Got everything to work, it appears, but now how do I lock my bootloader now?
5th August 2014, 11:14 PM |#906  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Smile
Thank you zerro4cool, I did exacly what you wrote and it worked like a charm from 4.4.4 to 4.4.2.
6th August 2014, 11:15 AM |#907  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edu_pt

Thank you zerro4cool, I did exacly what you wrote and it worked like a charm from 4.4.4 to 4.4.2.

You are welcome !
6th August 2014, 11:19 AM |#908  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharris4

Got everything to work, it appears, but now how do I lock my bootloader now?

Have a look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575586
6th August 2014, 11:30 AM |#909  
Flag ITALY
Thanks Meter: 189

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatros93

H+ , and I tested how 3G is fast.. and is good (over 5Mb/s)

Now, someone suggested me install the zip update europe.. is secure?

If you mean 4.4.4 EU OTA zip, then it is not secure
You risk to damage your phone
Don't do it.

Better have a look at this post
I think you could solve

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerro4cool

Hi all,

Like alot of ppls from there i bricked my Moto G XT1032 GPE 4.4.4 at bootloader loop.
All started when i was trying to install Cyanogenmod and forget i am a GPE not a non-GPE. CM asked pe to erase everyting, i erased backup and all but this question was forever. So i lost backup, and everything. My partition changed and i was not able to reinstall any stock roms.

Two nights i was a zoombie to try to revive my Moto, i wanted to revive it with a stock or a GPE again, not that temporal solution with a custom rom that it worked, so really TY for alternative.
So... for two nights i got same errors like all "file is too large" , " gpt.bin failing" and "motoboot.img failing"
Today i succesfully flashed via fastboot the single full firmware 4.4.4 from xt1032 "XT1032_RETAIL-BR-SS_4.4.4_KXB21.14-L1.40_42_cid12_CFC_1FF.xml" without any gpt or motoboot failing error and my device revived again with a stock 4.4.4.

Was so happy but after solved this i wanted to solve also converting to GPE again, then i was downgraded via fastboot to 4.4.3 "RETAIL-BR-SS_4.4.3_KXB21.14-L1.32_34_cid12_CFC_1FF_SVC.xml" , of course i skipped flashing gpt.bin and motoboot.img, Then i downgraded again to 4.4.2 Tesco Retail GB frimware wich was my original firmware, again skipping flashing gpt and motoboot, also succesfull. Now i converted my moto G to moto g GPE using MotoToolAioV3, and installed 4.4.4 OTA update.

So should work on other XT`s to try install a 4.4.4 stock, then downgrade to 4.4.3 with same stock region, then downgrade again to 4.4.2 with any other region. If it works let us to know.

Hopes will work for u guys !
cheers and hit thanks button if i helped someone.

Of course in your case the steps are:

from BR 4.4.4 --> BR 4.4.3 --> EU 4.4.2 (using Fastboot)

then from EU 4.4.2 --> EU 4.4.4 using EU OTA zip (install by stock recovery)

Now I think it will work
6th August 2014, 03:22 PM |#910  
Flag Rybnik/Kraków
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by remo0073

If you mean 4.4.4 EU OTA zip, then it is not secure
You risk to damage your phone
Don't do it.

Better have a look at this post
I think you could solve

Of course in your case the steps are:

from BR 4.4.4 --> BR 4.4.3 --> EU 4.4.2 (using Fastboot)

then from EU 4.4.2 --> EU 4.4.4 using EU OTA zip (install by stock recovery)

Now I think it will work

Hey, if I just want to go from GPE 4.4.4 to stock Moto 4.4.4,
can I just flash 4.4.3 US-RETAIL image without any issues, then update to 4.4.4?
Or will it result in a bricked phone?
6th August 2014, 06:15 PM |#911  
Flag ITALY
Thanks Meter: 189

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastnButter

Hey, if I just want to go from GPE 4.4.4 to stock Moto 4.4.4,
can I just flash 4.4.3 US-RETAIL image without any issues, then update to 4.4.4?
Or will it result in a bricked phone?

No bricked phone

4.4.4 GPE --> 4.4.3 US is possible but skip flashing gpt.bin and motoboot.img

Don't know if 4.4.4 US OTA update is already available.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)