SOLVED recovery is not seandroid enforcing set warrenty bit : recovery --> loop

Search This thread

fwberg

Oct 24, 2007
after I had succesfully rooted my phone, I wanted to install a custom rom.
I am sure I did something wrong ofcource otherwise I wouldn't be here.

#1 Battery in
#2 power on
#3 vibrate
#4 screen on RECOVERY BOOTING
Recovery is NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
Set Warrenty Bit : recovery

Samsung
GALAXY Note3
SM-N9005

#5 screen off--> reboot -->goto #3

how to brake in the loop so I can use odin ( or whatever ) to install (at least) a normal boot again?

Last edited:
Reactions: okie03

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive RT
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com

#1 Battery in
#2 power on
#3 vibrate

Samsung
GALAXY Note3
SM-N9005

how to brake in the loop so I can use odin ( or whatever ) to install (at least) a normal boot again?

You installed a 4.3 recovery on a 4.4 phone.

Most likely you downloaded the TWRP on the main page and did not download the latest 4.4 compatible one.

Please flash this in Download Mode: http://techerrata.com/bigbiff/hlte-recovery.img.tar

To get into Download Mode, remove the battery, wait a few minutes then put it back, Hold the Download Mode Combination then it would boot directly into Download Mode.

fwberg

Oct 24, 2007
hey nicho, thank you very much

so that was the trick. REMOVE THE BATTERY --> PRESS THE DOWNLOAD KEYS AND HOLD THEM --> THEN ENTER THE BATTERY BACK.
it costed me the whole day yesterday searching for a solution.
at least now I can continue to install a new rom

Thanks man

fwberg

Oct 24, 2007
TWRP

during twrp it told me, there was a newer one. 2.x.x.9
so stupid me, if I had sticked to the plan, nothing would happend.
I used twrp b4 some days ago, for my samsung note 10.1 (2014) without trubbles,
I guess, I overread something

but I'm happy it is all fixed now.
thx for show ur interest

greetz, fred

Mar 14, 2014
thank you

Most likely you downloaded the TWRP on the main page and did not download the latest 4.4 compatible one.

Please flash this in Download Mode: techerrata.com/bigbiff/hlte-recovery.img.tar

To get into Download Mode, remove the battery, wait a few minutes then put it back, Hold the Download Mode Combination then it would boot directly into Download Mode.

this solved my recovery problem, i clicked thank you!!!

GodXen

Jun 12, 2013
Stockholm

Please flash this in Download Mode: http://techerrata.com/bigbiff/hlte-recovery.img.tar

You just saved my phone :) i readed so much almost one week 12hours without stop before i try custom recovery,rom and so on.

But well since i decided that im ready to, and first thing i tried to do was custom recovery wich leaded to this problam :D Now im afraid to enter revovery mode xD

filipemerij

Mar 4, 2014
Idiots

You're really the dumbest person I've ever seen in my life. See if this is solution to some kind of problem your beast

Nizone

Jan 20, 2009
Worked for me

Thank you.
remove the battery then press download buttons keep them pressed and put the battery back. choose volume down to continue....

Reactions: Steinie777

NickNax

Jul 1, 2014
Solution To Loop SM-N900P

I am new to XDA and have only been with android for 6 months but i figure this will help new comers to this issue. Power+Volume Down+Home at the same time to enter download mode. Flash CWM via ODIN. This should work to fix the loop. I found out the hard way but it only took me an hour. I am not sure if this will work if you have not already rooted your phone but it should (since this is the major step in rooting). I believe i deleted my CWM file (accidentally) when i was trying to clear space for my recovery with ROM Manager. Be sure to download the Samsung drivers if you had not already done so during the rooting process.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: casco aereo

joshu111

Oct 19, 2009
Gives me same error message
But after that it boots into recovery.
Should I proceed installing custom rom or is there anything else to be taken care of

Reactions: casco aereo

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
should I root my phone first using cf-root. Then flash the cwm recovery. What happens if I get stuck in a bootloop after flashing the recovery

The way I did this is, first install the cwm recovery then flash cf-root after. You can always use odin to flash back the original firmware.

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
so there is nothing else I have to do before flashing the recovery?
what boxes should be checkmarked in odin

Just make sure reactivation lock is off.

When you first start odin, F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot are ticked off so let them be and make sure only those are checked and nothing else.

You probably know this but just to make sure, load the recovery on the AP slot before hitting start.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

#1 Battery in
    #2 power on
    #3 vibrate

Samsung
    GALAXY Note3
    SM-N9005

Which custom recovery did you flashed Twrp or Cwm?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers ap
    hey nicho, thank you very much

so that was the trick. REMOVE THE BATTERY --> PRESS THE DOWNLOAD KEYS AND HOLD THEM --> THEN ENTER THE BATTERY BACK.
    it costed me the whole day yesterday searching for a solution.
    at least now I can continue to install a new rom

Thanks man

#1 Battery in
    #2 power on
    #3 vibrate

Samsung
    GALAXY Note3
    SM-N9005

Worked for me

Thank you.
    remove the battery then press download buttons keep them pressed and put the battery back. choose volume down to continue....