By Jupit3r, Senior Member on 20th June 2014, 04:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th July 2014, 08:34 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirio

You can never be 100% sure with Chinese merchandise. But yes, I am pretty sure. For testing purposes I bought Geekbench3 (no benchmark cheating) and got the same results like you did. I even managed to solve the sd card problem - by brute force.

Overall I am pretty satisfied with the tablet, specially considering the price, I just hate the fact, that the AnTuTu scores are fraud. It looks like the same AnTuTu cheating like Samsung did. And cheating is not cool...

i dont think it is cube's fault, coz all mtk solutions get a higher score than they should.

30th July 2014, 08:36 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter2012

i dont think it is cube's fault, coz all mtk solutions get a higher score than they should.

Maybe not, but they are doing a hell of a good job not telling the rest of the world about it...
3rd August 2014, 04:09 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
is there storage limit for apps like 2 or 3 giga only...............
is there storage limit for apps like 2 or 3 giga only ?
would you recommend it or LG G PAD
as they almost the same price at my country
is there any chineese table better then LG G PAD
4th August 2014, 06:14 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramyfahmy

is there storage limit for apps like 2 or 3 giga only ?
would you recommend it or LG G PAD
as they almost the same price at my country
is there any chineese table better then LG G PAD

in terms of overall quality, i think the only brand on par with LG is Huawei. But the 9X is definitely a solid slate if we are talking about performance and build quality.
5th August 2014, 02:48 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 150

More
With Onda V975M, users can enable the 2.0Ghz frequency using Trickstermod (needs root)... Can someone test it and confirm if it works with Cube Talk 9x? On V975M it resulted in +1000 points in Antutu. Other similar apps did not work... They would set the frequency, but it got back to 1.6 as soon as the screen was changed...
5th August 2014, 04:01 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eteles

With Onda V975M, users can enable the 2.0Ghz frequency using Trickstermod (needs root)... Can someone test it and confirm if it works with Cube Talk 9x? On V975M it resulted in +1000 points in Antutu. Other similar apps did not work... They would set the frequency, but it got back to 1.6 as soon as the screen was changed...

i dont think it is necessary to boost the speed to 2.0GHZ...it will only do harm to the battery and cpu.
5th August 2014, 04:46 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 150

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter2012

i dont think it is necessary to boost the speed to 2.0GHZ...it will only do harm to the battery and cpu.

It won't do any harm to the CPU, since it's probably 2.0 GHz by default and the vendor just limits it to 1.6...

With the V975M, the battery consumption increase was not noticeable...

The change is easily revertable and you can always go back to stock settings... Is someone at least willing to test it? I would do it myself, but since I live in Brazil, my tab will probably take about 45 days or more to arrive...
6th August 2014, 09:56 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
My first impressions with cube talk9x 16Gb...

Battery: After 1st charge, around 3h and when the tablet show "100% charged" I used it around 5-6h until buttery reach 0% and tablet close, with brightness at 100%, wifi, gps, auto rotate all time active. Using only radio and same time editing radio channel names, took it max 2h to go from 50% to 0% and close. The charge from 0 to 100% full charge (the 1st real charge) took around 20h continues charging. Was a shock for me as it is my first mobile device that took so long to get full charged. Sim card not installed permanently yet and maybe that draws more battery.

Camera: It have very slow Shutter priority (Tv) and is imposible to take a nice picture to fast moving objects, as babys. The quality of a still object is fair in external photos but not that good in interior. For sure, can't replace a low badget camera. More tests in progress.

Benchmark: With only AntutuX 5 installed and after uninstalling all Chinees apps, the device gave me score 27146. After Installing all apps I need, score was 28818. Screenshots attached.

Conectivity: The tablet was recognized without any problems by a PC running Win7x64 as a U65GT. Same the TF card.
I use a TOSHIBA 32GB Class 10 Micro SD TF Memory Card and I didn't had any problems to insert it in the slot and be recognized by the tablet after I formated in a pc with SDFormatter.
Sim card (GR/Cosmote from my phone) had no problems to make a call, send sms and conect to internet.
NFC not supported.

Sensors: Not have Compass, Gyro and G sensors that are standar in the most brand phones and tablets. If have them I was going to be more than happy.
GPS and A-GPS are available and working (I think a bit slow the GPS). In general had no problem to locate my position in sygic or google maps.

Apps: Google Chrome crashing. The stock browser works fine.
ES file manager can't manage the TF card. You can view everyithing in it but you can't move or delete files or dir's. In rom everything was working fine. Stock file manager work fine and can manipulate any file in rom or tf card without problems.

Micro USB port: Some chargers and cables, including the stock usb cable are not snaps good at least when it charges seems that have problem. When is used for data transfering and viewing the tablet i a pc, works fine without any problems. That needs further investigation.

Work flow: Until now the tablet working very smooth, without any crashes or problems.

Display: The well known Retina display. Simply very good in HD photos and videos!

Quility: The tablet in white (the 16Gb comes in white color) has nothing to envy from the expensive branded ones. Value for money here is very high in my opinion.

That's it from me for the moment.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soulg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift soulg Ad-Free
7th August 2014, 04:06 AM |#29  

More
I threw the charger it came with out as it was junk , it weighs next to nothing . Took forever to charge and the tablet was totally unusable when it was on charge . Using a quality 2.1 A charger takes around 5 hours but it's still not very usable while charging (the screen digitiser seems a bit erratic) . EDIT: Tried 4 different cables and I've found one that works great . It was a 2m cheap arse cable from fasttech which is surprising . The original cable works fine with a couple of phones I tried so obviously the U65GT is very fussy with cables .
It's my sons tablet and he uses it to play games on where battery life is woeful . The battery was about 1.5 hours with the default 100% screen brightness . I've now put it to auto and that has doubled . Browsing the web and watching movies over wifi lasts about 4.5 hours . Once you get the 15% battery life warning you have a few minutes before it shuts down .
The GPS hasn't worked for me but I'm not that patient . I don't have a sim card installed so maybe assisted GPS helps a bit .
Chrome also doesn't work for me .
Probably the biggest annoyance is that it goes into standby when the front cover is folded around the back of the tablet . I suspect this has something to do with the magnets ? . I ordered the supposedly official cover so that seems like an epic fail to me .
The screen already has a couple of scratches so am not so sure the glass is super strong but it may just be my son who is 8 ...
Overall I'm happy with the tablet as the screen is fantastic , very few bugs , wifi streaming works well and browsing woks well but I do miss chrome . Not sure I would recommend this tablet until the have sorted the issues with battery use and chrome .
The Following User Says Thank You to troyww For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift troyww Ad-Free
7th August 2014, 09:36 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
For sure Chrome is an issue specialy if someone use it in other devices/pc's.
For me the bigger issue is the battery life and charging.
Either I'm not sure I recommend this tablet.
7th August 2014, 06:21 PM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulg

My first impressions with cube talk9x 16Gb...

Battery: After 1st charge, around 3h and when the tablet show "100% charged" I used it around 5-6h until buttery reach 0% and tablet close, with brightness at 100%, wifi, gps, auto rotate all time active. Using only radio and same time editing radio channel names, took it max 2h to go from 50% to 0% and close. The charge from 0 to 100% full charge (the 1st real charge) took around 20h continues charging. Was a shock for me as it is my first mobile device that took so long to get full charged. Sim card not installed permanently yet and maybe that draws more battery.

Camera: It have very slow Shutter priority (Tv) and is imposible to take a nice picture to fast moving objects, as babys. The quality of a still object is fair in external photos but not that good in interior. For sure, can't replace a low badget camera. More tests in progress.

Benchmark: With only AntutuX 5 installed and after uninstalling all Chinees apps, the device gave me score 27146. After Installing all apps I need, score was 28818. Screenshots attached.

Conectivity: The tablet was recognized without any problems by a PC running Win7x64 as a U65GT. Same the TF card.
I use a TOSHIBA 32GB Class 10 Micro SD TF Memory Card and I didn't had any problems to insert it in the slot and be recognized by the tablet after I formated in a pc with SDFormatter.
Sim card (GR/Cosmote from my phone) had no problems to make a call, send sms and conect to internet.
NFC not supported.

Sensors: Not have Compass, Gyro and G sensors that are standar in the most brand phones and tablets. If have them I was going to be more than happy.
GPS and A-GPS are available and working (I think a bit slow the GPS). In general had no problem to locate my position in sygic or google maps.

Apps: Google Chrome crashing. The stock browser works fine.
ES file manager can't manage the TF card. You can view everyithing in it but you can't move or delete files or dir's. In rom everything was working fine. Stock file manager work fine and can manipulate any file in rom or tf card without problems.

Micro USB port: Some chargers and cables, including the stock usb cable are not snaps good at least when it charges seems that have problem. When is used for data transfering and viewing the tablet i a pc, works fine without any problems. That needs further investigation.

Work flow: Until now the tablet working very smooth, without any crashes or problems.

Display: The well known Retina display. Simply very good in HD photos and videos!

Quility: The tablet in white (the 16Gb comes in white color) has nothing to envy from the expensive branded ones. Value for money here is very high in my opinion.

That's it from me for the moment.

Thank you for confirming my findings.
The Following User Says Thank You to mirio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mirio Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cube talk 9x, cube-talk-9x, mali-450mp, octa-core, retina display, u65gt

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)