[Q] Help! My Note 12 is "soft bricked" (I think)

Search This thread

mikespe

Dec 19, 2010
1st thing. When you root your tab knox gets tripped. no way around this. So if this is a deal breaker, step on it and take it back. you will not get root love however.
If you do want Root, knox is tripped so why not? Follow these steps.

1. charge your tablet.
2. Down load these files.
Recovery Boot img nb3
TWRP Custom Recovery
Stock NC5 Firmware
CF-AutoRoot (go to His Post in General Section)

When charged, boot into download mode and flash the full stock package. (PDA in 3.07, AP in 3.09 ODIN) don't mess with the check boxes, when it finisheh verifying the md5 just hit start... Go take a break...

When that is done you will be back to stock, original just like you bought it.
Now boot back in to download mode and this time you are going to flash the NB3 recovery image tar... same place in ODIN as before. ( uncheck reboot in ODIN)
When that completes, disconnect your tablet and boot it back into download mode.
When you are back in Download mode, then you can safely flash the CF-AutoRoot.... (leave checks default and flash it in same slot in ODIN.
Finally, when that reboots, go back into odin and flash the custom recovery and then you will be able to boot into recovery and make a back up, (always good to make a back up) you can restore back to point in time. (that you made the backup.)
after you are all done, you can get Xposed installed and tweak the hell out if your rom. At minimum install Titanium Back up and freeze all of the knox apps.

DUDE!!! THANK YOU!!!! You saved me!!!! I was at the yellow exclamation point because I got stuck at the Samsung logo...I was rooted and it all was working fine. Then I installed Chromecast and something went haywire (I have NO clue how that app caused an issue?) I tried Kies and that didn't recognize my device. Your advice worked FLAWLESSLY!!! THANK YOU so much!!!!

Reactions: James L and Bizack

saxophone101

1st thing. When you root your tab knox gets tripped. no way around this. So if this is a deal breaker, step on it and take it back. you will not get root love however.

1. charge your tablet.
Recovery Boot img nb3
TWRP Custom Recovery
Stock NC5 Firmware

When charged, boot into download mode and flash the full stock package. (PDA in 3.07, AP in 3.09 ODIN) don't mess with the check boxes, when it finisheh verifying the md5 just hit start... Go take a break...

Now boot back in to download mode and this time you are going to flash the NB3 recovery image tar... same place in ODIN as before. ( uncheck reboot in ODIN)
When that completes, disconnect your tablet and boot it back into download mode.
When you are back in Download mode, then you can safely flash the CF-AutoRoot.... (leave checks default and flash it in same slot in ODIN.
Finally, when that reboots, go back into odin and flash the custom recovery and then you will be able to boot into recovery and make a back up, (always good to make a back up) you can restore back to point in time. (that you made the backup.)
after you are all done, you can get Xposed installed and tweak the hell out if your rom. At minimum install Titanium Back up and freeze all of the knox apps.
Thanks a ton for sharing your files and your guidance!!!!!

calitundra

Apr 19, 2008
refresh

I am having the same problem but your links are not valid anymore. Can you tell me where to download them?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. charge your tablet.
    Recovery Boot img nb3
    TWRP Custom Recovery
    Stock NC5 Firmware

Download odin 3.09
    Go to samsung-updates.com site (thos s not Samsung's site, but there you can find firmwares for all sam's devices).
    Choose sm-p900 (your model) section and download package for your country (CSC code)
    Unzip downloaded package - you should have a file ending with .md5.
    Click on AP button *Center to right in Odin), and select unzipped file that ends up with md5.
    Wait until file is checked by odin, it can take some time - and click start.
    Important: do not tick / untick anything on left side of Odin - do not tick repartition! Leave as it is when you start Odin.
    And that's it - wait iunit process ends up. In case no boot, try to wipe data / cache again.

1. charge your tablet.
    Recovery Boot img nb3
    TWRP Custom Recovery
    Stock NC5 Firmware

DUDE!!! THANK YOU!!!! You saved me!!!! I was at the yellow exclamation point because I got stuck at the Samsung logo...I was rooted and it all was working fine. Then I installed Chromecast and something went haywire (I have NO clue how that app caused an issue?) I tried Kies and that didn't recognize my device. Your advice worked FLAWLESSLY!!! THANK YOU so much!!!!
    I am having the same problem but your links are not valid anymore. Can you tell me where to download them?

You need bootloader, CSC is not important
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=62574218&postcount=3
    AP file is here, Cellular South is US region
    https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-P900/
    Followup information

To followup on my original post.

I was able to successfully put the Galaxy Note 12.2 into Odin mode, load up Kies on my PC and connect the Note to the PC.

In the "ID:COM" box it now says "0:[COM5]" with a yellow background and in the "Message" box it shows "<ID:0/005> Added!!".

So can I be hopeful that I might be able to use Odin to recover the Note?!

Thanks again for any help any of you can give. It is certainly appreciated.