Here is the current situation:
- CM11 does not come with openvpn anymore.
- CM11 provides android_external_openvpn, however, this is not included by default.
- I trust debian (and ubuntu).
- we have many openvpn softwares out there, but most of them are gui based and/or library based. That does not provides you a command line based interface.
My goals are:
- Deliver secure binaries, Without any known bug (heartbleed,CVE-2014-0195 CVE-2014-0221 CVE-2014-0224 CVE-2014-3470)
- Provide OpenVPN binaries from debian wheezy armhf and ubuntu trusty armhf (ARMv7)
- Avoid to deliver a whole chroot environment.
- Provide CLI based software
- This software is intented to run as root
- ARMv7 processor required
- Kernel must support TUN/TAP device driver
- CM11 is recommended
- DNS Resolution does not work
Download (debian 2.2.1 version): http://contrib.unmanarc.com/androidvpn/download.php
Download (ubuntu 2.3.2 version): http://contrib.unmanarc.com/androidvpn/download2.php
tested on my android Samsung I9500 running CM11 (by Alberto96)
Android OpenVPN CLI flashable Installer, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)
Last Updated 2014-07-12