3500 mAh Battery Review

Search This thread

Dixxhead

Apr 12, 2013
Can't get hold of the Laza battery here in the UK, but a similar shaped one is available:

Anyone think buying that is a bad idea?

Also, can anyone recommend a pouch style case for such a design?

Thanks.

Same question here. I'd like to put my evo into a pouch, but with a thing like that sticking out that seems rather unfeasable. Any ideas?

msangapu

Aug 2, 2010
extended batteries

i haven't had good luck with extended batteries with my evo 4g... now i have the 3vo... wondering if i should give them another go?

cytherian

Oct 15, 2010
NJ
Google Pixel 5
What about power draw when charging?

Has anyone here tried to charge their phone with a car charger while having one of these batteries installed? I've tried two different ones, one from RavPower and one from Seidio, and both of them caused my car charger plug to heat up so badly it started stinking up the car. Touching the plug could cause burns if you held onto it. I was lucky a fire didn't start. It was NOT the phone. I switched back to an OEM battery and it was fine. I also tried a different car charger and the same problem happened with the extended batteries. Charging from my laptop or from a wall outlet didn't seem to be a problem, although I have to wonder if there is still an issue.

brihuthogg

Nov 11, 2013
is there anywhere in the UK I can get one of these? looking for a decent battery that isn't going to be worse than the stock after a month :)

Skarni

Mar 7, 2013
Kona, Hawaii
Google Pixel 4a
Platinum

I got a great buy on a Platinum 2X extended battery for my EVO 3d. I have had it 9 months, and it works great and easily gives me double the life of the original. I use it on coast to coast flights to watch movies. I still have 40% battery when I arrive after 5 hours.I bought mine for $12, but now they are going for about $25.

Pauly_k

Apr 21, 2007
Looking for a reliable extended battery.
Difficult to get any here in the UK.
They stopped selling the handset early the few I have had on eBay have become rubbish and quickly.
The last one was great 3 weeks later the battery drains for no reason quickly 30% while the screen is on with little use over 1 hour.... So I'm back to my stock for now.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using xda premium

eg62011

Apr 21, 2011
I have a 3500 ma battery it last 10 hours of hard use a lot better than stock though

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Arthemedus

Aug 3, 2013
I purchased this

http://www.amazon.com/3500-mAh-Exte...5&sr=8-1&keywords=htc+evo+3d+extended+battery

About a week ago, holding up really well after a couple deep discharge cycles. My phone has went from lasting me 6 or less hours on the old battery to about 2 days with moderate use, and a day on very heavy use. Going from about 1 hr 15~ mins screen on time with moderate-heavy use to 3 hours 30 mins+ with moderate-heavy use. And 1 hr 45 mins screen on time with light use to pushing 5-6 hours screen on time with minimal use. Absolutely insane. And unrelated but I also purchased a 10,000 MaH battery bank and that's working great as well, overall happy with my purchases so far :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ordered one of these 3500mah from eBay today. It's li-ion. If I'm not wrong, the original that came with 3d was supposed to be OEM right? Because mine is 1730mah and its not OEM its Li-ion.

Sent from my PG86100

Wat Wat Wat?? ?? ?

Lithium ion is the make up of the chemicals inside the battery. OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. HTC is the original equipment manufacturer.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    I vouche for that laza battery. It is awesome works great
    Here's what you do. Get an extended battery. Buy an Otter Box Defender. Take the back plate of the Defender and cut out the battery section. Wrap it with the silicone case. Now you can still use the Defender's cradel. The Otter Box Defender has a built in kickstand, not many people know of. All you do is use the belt clip and open it as wide as it will go. At that point the clip will lock open, and there you'll have a kick stand.

Just don't know if it will work with your car phone stand, but now you have a case, a kick stand, and extended battery.