Search This thread

uppon2

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2010
I used the other version that was smaller. Flashed fine but had no root so I flashed supersu update zip and then it was fine. For some reason it wouldn't allow me to use Nova as my default launcher. Even after going in to nova settings and selecting it to be default it would revert back to miui launcher. I didn't bother trying to resolve it as I want really that keen on the rom. Miui just feels too iOS/shallow to me as a whole.

ashwanikoul

Jul 3, 2011
Oxford
gtbluesky version latest is the perfect ROM

using gtbluesky MIUI v4.8.1 for last 4 days and is working flawless, just the keyboard sucks, can download google ot swiftkey anyways and life is smooth after that

Battery life amazing- better than color OS
no headphone issues
no blue tooth issues
no forcecloses

nifear4

Jan 27, 2012
Never Ever Land
using gtbluesky MIUI v4.8.1 for last 4 days and is working flawless, just the keyboard sucks, can download google ot swiftkey anyways and life is smooth after that

Battery life amazing- better than color OS
no headphone issues
no blue tooth issues
no forcecloses

I am getting bluetooth issues. Whenever I enable the "Phone Audio" for the bluetooth settings, it dies.... and reconnects and dies, kinda like a zombie. MMS still can't be sent (AT&T).

FareedYusoff

Apr 6, 2013
Kangar
MIUI ROM 4.8.8 Full Changelog

[Messaging]

Fix - Sometimes, messages with the same contact were not in the same folder (8-6)

[Mail]

Fix - Some IMAP accounts could not sync Sent mails (8-5)
Fix - POP3 accounts did not show mails in Sent box (8-5)
Fix - Keywords were not highlighted when searching local mails (8-5)
Fix - When searching in Drafts, the result would show mails from all folders (8-5)
Fix - Sometimes, it did not respond for a long time when replying or forwarding (8-5)
Fix - App would FC if attachments names had special characters for some POP3 accounts (8-5)

[Security]

Optimization - Added Settings entry for Saver page (8-5)
Optimization - Changed the time to automatically calibrate data usage to the range from 8am to 8pm (8-7)

CREDIT TO :

Nanana from MIUI community

FareedYusoff

Apr 6, 2013
Kangar

Someone has claimed that xiaomi.eu support multi-language and I don't know what the rom has based on.
But in en.miui.com, that one come from gtbluesky is based on cm. and it support chinese and english language.
While the other one is by the chinese member, (i don't really know his name) is... unknown. I didn't use his build.
So, I just know gtbluesky build only.

Reactions: Actuamy and coki4

FareedYusoff

Apr 6, 2013
Kangar
Here's the link on my googledrive for MIUI 4.8.8

http://https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwOIVre6DoO2UFhZcmRsVkdWUE0/edit?usp=sharing
@MrColdbird hope you can share the link to oppo forum in your MIUI ROM thread.
I just read someone post and want a dropbox link, but all I have is just googledrive. I hope he can accept this.
I just wanted to help users who facing a trouble on download speed.

And yes, I do sign up on the forum but lack of privileges. So, I can''t post anything because the activation email is not reaching my gmail inbox.
For almost a week.

Last edited:

xenkato

Feb 11, 2008
Tripolis, Greece
Here's the link on my googledrive for MIUI 4.8.8

http://https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwOIVre6DoO2UFhZcmRsVkdWUE0/edit?usp=sharing

@MrColdbird hope you can share the link to oppo forum in your MIUI ROM thread.
I just read someone post and want a dropbox link, but all I have is just googledrive. I hope he can accept this.
I just wanted to help users who facing a trouble on download speed.

And yes, I do sign up on the forum but lack of privileges. So, I can''t post anything because the activation email is not reaching my gmail inbox.
For almost a week.

Your link is broken, can you fix it?

Reactions: FareedYusoff

FareedYusoff

Apr 6, 2013
Kangar
Last edited:

tobias14

Feb 15, 2009
Koper
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I'm sorry. Forgot to give access to person who has the link. My mistake.
Now everyone can access this via link that i've provided. Have a nice day everyone. :highfive:

If someone has account for oppo forum, please put my mirror at this link.
I just read that member request for a mirror.
Thanks in advanced.
http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/rom-miui-port-for-find-7a.17409/page-16

I can post it at oppo forun, but the link still does not work

Reactions: FareedYusoff

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is in no way suitable for daily use and is only shared so that other fellow developers can take a look and maybe provide fixes to one or multiple things on the "not working" list.

Take it as a very early proof of concept.

ROM DOWNLOAD: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358554238

What I did to get this far...

1. I took the MI3W miui-germany ROM
    2. I unpacked the MI3W's ROM
    3. I unpacked the boot.img of the MI3W ROM (zImage, dt.img, ramdisk)
    4. I patched the fstab.qcom and init*.rc files to match the Find 7a
    5. I unpacked the latest OmniROM for Find7a
    6. I unpacked the boot.img of OmniROM (zImage, dt.img, ramdisk)
    7. I copied zImage and dt.img from OmniROM's extracted boot.img into MI3W's extracted boot.img
    8. I repacked the MI3W boot.img
    9. I bundled the MI3W system partition with the modified MI3W boot.img and uploaded it onto the internet for someone else to iron out the remaining bugs

What seems to work...

*) Basic Operation (MIUI apps, status bar, well what you would expect really)
    *) Bluetooth
    *) Wired Headset / Bluetooth Audio
    *) RIL / Mobile Data
    *) GPS

What doesn't work... yet...

*) WiFi (there seems to be some issues with wcnss / pronto / prima, this one is bad...)
    *) Random Reboots / Blackscreen Glitches (from what kmsg tells me it seems to be related to wcnss, aka. WiFi drivers causing a critical error in kernel every once in a while, fix WiFi and this error will fix itself)
    *) Speaker Audio
    *) Rotation Sensor (and probably others)
    *) Vibration
    *) Skyline Notification Light
    *) NFC

For pictures check the thread at the oppoforums: http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/rom-miui-port-for-find-7a.17409
    I've pm one of the Miui dev from note 1 community, and hope that he willing to lend his hand for you @MrColdbird.
    Mr @Gerrett, can you help him? If you got some free time. I know you so busy. But at least, just a little guide for him. ;)
    Actually I've got 99% of the issues resolved already by using a different port-rom in conjunction with a few OmniROM injects.
    At the moment only the proximity sensor (screen off on holding the phone to your ear) and nfc are broken, lte works, but needs to be reselected every time the phone reboots via the service menu (dialer code).

Sadly, I'm not allowed to share that (quite nicely working) ROM just yet as I switched port-bases to a unreleased chinese one in favor of the MI3W port-base.

Until that chinese author releases his first public port base-rom I'm kinda bound by the promise I gave not to unveil things early.
    Just hang in there, it shouldn't be long until you guys have MIUI on Find7a... all I can tell you is that it works nicely and without any critical flaws I can see except those mentioned above (which we will get fixed too eventually).

Someone has claimed that xiaomi.eu support multi-language and I don't know what the rom has based on.
    But in en.miui.com, that one come from gtbluesky is based on cm. and it support chinese and english language.
    While the other one is by the chinese member, (i don't really know his name) is... unknown. I didn't use his build.
    So, I just know gtbluesky build only.
    If you want mae some cool port, i thikn sense rom is good candidate...