FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Discussion Thread for CyanogenMod 11/12 (Android 4.4.x KitKat & 5.0.x Lollipop)

229 posts
Thanks Meter: 277

By koala990, Senior Member on 28th May 2014, 08:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th August 2014, 03:46 AM |#2181  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,058

Donate to Me
More
There's no point in signing the petition, as Broadcom have already released the full GPU sources for VideoCoreIV.

The problem with lag in KitKat is due to a problem in the code (related to some EGL contexts not being destroyed correctly), but it's a problem that can be solved by the community. Judging from the comments left in the source code, there were some issues with the eglDestroyContext function that weren't fixed properly. It's quite possible that Broadcom's engineers never managed to solve the problem, especially since there are no BCM21553 devices officially running KitKat, where the bug seems to manifest more frequently.

The most I have been able to do about this problem so far is to prevent crashes when the eglDestroyContext problem manifests. In previous builds, you would see random app crashes when the bug started happening. In more recent builds the crashes won't occur when the bug manifests - instead, there will be a performance loss and lag when opening/closing apps. Once the bug starts happening, rebooting is the only way to clear the bug and regain full performance again.

Nobody has been helping me to troubleshoot this problem (and by that, I mean, downloading the source and trying to solve the issue in the code properly). That's the real problem here.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to psyke83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift psyke83 Ad-Free

10th August 2014, 04:29 AM |#2182  
Flag Cali
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Is there any way to download another language for keyboard, like Spanish?
10th August 2014, 04:31 AM |#2183  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marioherobr

I think not but you can download another keyboard in google play for your language and change your default keyboard to that
10th August 2014, 04:40 AM |#2184  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marioherobr

Download a .dict file from here: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...0/java/res/raw

Alternatively, look here (but these files are older): https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...E/java/res/raw

Once you have the desired .dict file is in /sdcard/Downloads/, go to Settings -> Language & Input -> Android Keyboard -> Import dictionary file.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to psyke83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift psyke83 Ad-Free
10th August 2014, 07:57 AM |#2185  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Sensor
@psyke83 Where I can change my sensor settings or where is sensor settings file is located in system?
10th August 2014, 09:33 AM |#2186  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyke83

There's no point in signing the petition, as Broadcom have already released the full GPU sources for VideoCoreIV.

The problem with lag in KitKat is due to a problem in the code (related to some EGL contexts not being destroyed correctly), but it's a problem that can be solved by the community. Judging from the comments left in the source code, there were some issues with the eglDestroyContext function that weren't fixed properly. It's quite possible that Broadcom's engineers never managed to solve the problem, especially since there are no BCM21553 devices officially running KitKat, where the bug seems to manifest more frequently.

The most I have been able to do about this problem so far is to prevent crashes when the eglDestroyContext problem manifests. In previous builds, you would see random app crashes when the bug started happening. In more recent builds the crashes won't occur when the bug manifests - instead, there will be a performance loss and lag when opening/closing apps. Once the bug starts happening, rebooting is the only way to clear the bug and regain full performance again.

Nobody has been helping me to troubleshoot this problem (and by that, I mean, downloading the source and trying to solve the issue in the code properly). That's the real problem here.

But these are the same driver that worked for GB. I don't think this is a defect but then I don't know anything about it!
10th August 2014, 10:11 AM |#2187  
Flag Jhelum, Punjab
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k2r2d2

But these are the same driver that worked for GB. I don't think this is a defect but then I don't know anything about it!

If u dont know anything about it then shut the **** up man
10th August 2014, 10:11 AM |#2188  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k2r2d2

• KK is not the same as GB
  • The driver source that Broadcom released is not the same as the driver used in GB. It was written for ICS, which is still different from KK.
  • One part of what you said is true!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to psyke83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift psyke83 Ad-Free
10th August 2014, 10:13 AM |#2189  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by puneet800123

@psyke83 Where I can change my sensor settings or where is sensor settings file is located in system?

I don't know... what's the problem?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to psyke83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift psyke83 Ad-Free
10th August 2014, 12:22 PM |#2190  
Flag Gaziantep
Thanks Meter: 12

More
bug
when im using vpn apps . mobile data is suddenly closes everyminutes. . help pls
10th August 2014, 01:28 PM |#2191  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Unhappy Tassve device
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyke83

I don't know... what's the problem?

I am using tassVE device . Neither camera fixed nor motion sensor (g-sensor) working properly(It works in totoro )': )! and also totoro build are much smoother. I posted in tassve thread too but no one replies there for days :/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11, cyanogenmod, cyanogenmod 11, totoro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)