I feel DIRTY

Search This thread

gmoooney

Jul 12, 2010
Virginia
I was a Samsung fanboy when my first experience with them was the Galaxy Note... then on to the Note 2...and NO I didnt jump on the Note three...because the Optimus G Pro was available from ATT and OH MY GOD I have loved this phone for the last year.

It's Durable, fast, root-able, beautiful to look at and use and well.. I love it.

But the other day while talking to ATT about my account (and threatening to leave for TMO) they decided to give me an early upgrade (1 yr early!) so I jumped on the S5 to see what all the fuss was about.

I have to say its a nice phone, MUCH lighter and thinner and just as fast as my OG Pro...I'm not missing the .4 inches of screen real estate I was expecting to notice, but after a few days I haven't found anything that I dont like about the GS5...

EXCEPT!!!!

Its locked down, no exploit in place and it looks like it might never be rooted.

So I'm torn... the G3 is being announced in like 90 mins... and hopefully available on ATT shortly after...and the G Pro 2 is out...yet not available state side.

So what am I to do? If the G3 wows me like it is probably going to do.. I will beat feet back to the ATT store and return my GS5 and use my OG Pro till the G3 is available for purchase.....

I really do like the dust/water proof-ness of my GS5...I've already dropped it in the dog's water bowl and of course, no issues at all. That's a nice thing to have with a 700 dollar device.

Anywho... I'm hoping the G3 really wows the hell out of me, because I definitely like that 5.5 inc QHD display :)

lekhwani

Go for g3.

Previously I thought super amoled were best. But after using and experiencing this g pro for about an year, i feel it's IPS display is far better than super amoled. Yesterday I played for a couple of minutes with s4. I was shocked to know and feel that how much inferior it felt compared to ogp. And also felt the screen size was too small after having g pro for one year. In fact the s4 seemed very inferior to me compared to ogp. So I can easily visualize how inferior s5 might feel compared to g3.

Sent from Tapatalk

nicklefloss

Jun 15, 2010
I was a Samsung fanboy when my first experience with them was the Galaxy Note... then on to the Note 2...and NO I didnt jump on the Note three...because the Optimus G Pro was available from ATT and OH MY GOD I have loved this phone for the last year.

It's Durable, fast, root-able, beautiful to look at and use and well.. I love it.

But the other day while talking to ATT about my account (and threatening to leave for TMO) they decided to give me an early upgrade (1 yr early!) so I jumped on the S5 to see what all the fuss was about.

I have to say its a nice phone, MUCH lighter and thinner and just as fast as my OG Pro...I'm not missing the .4 inches of screen real estate I was expecting to notice, but after a few days I haven't found anything that I dont like about the GS5...

EXCEPT!!!!

Its locked down, no exploit in place and it looks like it might never be rooted.

So I'm torn... the G3 is being announced in like 90 mins... and hopefully available on ATT shortly after...and the G Pro 2 is out...yet not available state side.

So what am I to do? If the G3 wows me like it is probably going to do.. I will beat feet back to the ATT store and return my GS5 and use my OG Pro till the G3 is available for purchase.....

I really do like the dust/water proof-ness of my GS5...I've already dropped it in the dog's water bowl and of course, no issues at all. That's a nice thing to have with a 700 dollar device.

Anywho... I'm hoping the G3 really wows the hell out of me, because I definitely like that 5.5 inc QHD display :)

Dude g3 and g2 are so good!
And also the g2 has the best support of any older lg phone, and g3 looks by the fans on g+ is goin to have the same

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Perry2547

Sep 25, 2013
Samsung is junk. AMOLED displays sometimes get screen burn in. Mine did.
And when I posted about this Here at xda, every time a person would come along right Behind me and say "I've never had screen burn in". And I would point out that I said SOMETIMES, not all the time.

But yes, I hate Samsung.

Unfortunately, Camera has stopped.

Top Liked Posts