[ROOT][CWM][GAPPS][GIONEE ELIFE E7]Root GiONEE Elife E7 VERY EASILY

Search This thread

Ravikirancg

May 3, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Mi 11i
i think you cant...

vroot uses different binary ......it will not work with supersu.........

but you can check and reply :)

well, once you have a superuser and its binary in place, you can just install a new one from store, then, if you just grant su permissions to the new app, it should automatically replace the older binary with its own. so in theory at least, there should be no problems.

yasirmujtaba

Feb 7, 2012
Mahoba-A little Town
well, once you have a superuser and its binary in place, you can just install a new one from store, then, if you just grant su permissions to the new app, it should automatically replace the older binary with its own. so in theory at least, there should be no problems.

Binary Of Super User And The Tool Used In Vroo (Kinguser)is Different I tried It In E7 Too But No Luck

sanchitd5

Apr 1, 2014
Finally a stable method to root GiONEE Elife E7 16/32GB Models.....

This Method Worked On My E7/16GB And Confirmed Working On 32GB Too
I Am Not Responsible If You Turn Your Phone Into Brick

Shuame Not Working ??????????????? No Probz

Prerequesties
*USB debugging must be turned on
*USB Drivers Must be Installed(Use Pda-Net To Install Drivers)

Method

1-Download And Install Pda Net...
http://pdanet.co/bin/PdaNetA4150.exe
2-Open pda net and install drivers by following the onsreen instuctions
3-Download Vroot from the below link
http://www.mgyun.com/en/GetVRoot
4-Open The Vroot App and connect you phone it will start detecting it
5-Click On root button
Whoa You Are Rooted :)
No Lagging Problem On the latest version of Vroot.......................[/I]

Follow These Steps To Install CWM.........(All Credits Goes To @NHS2008 and need rom)
  1. Downlaod Recovery From Here And Place It Somewhere In Phone Memory.
  2. Download "Recovery Tools" From Play Store Or From "Here"
  3. Install Recovery Tools And Open It.
  4. Give It Root Permissions And Select Flash Recovery.
  5. Select Other From Storage>(Navigate To The Downloaded Recovery)>Select "recovery_gnE7.img"
  6. A Pop-Up Will Appear -"Choosing recovery_gnE7.img. Are You sure?>Select "Yes,please" >Flashing >Reboot To Recovery
  7. And Bingo You Have "Chinese CWM Installed
Video Tutorial

Video Guide To Flash Gapps To Avail Play Store On Chinese Variant Of E7 16/32GB

Gapps

Any way to root E7mini???

shtresatu

Oct 15, 2010
always on the run
Finally rooted it with framaroot, latest version. Supersu app is there somewere, but not in app list. Works, but if I wanna open it, I must enter in app store to open it from there. Not a big deal though.
Thx everyone

Trimis de pe al meu P7_Xtreme folosind Tapatalk

jatin_a

Mar 29, 2013
Finally rooted it with framaroot, latest version. Supersu app is there somewere, but not in app list. Works, but if I wanna open it, I must enter in app store to open it from there. Not a big deal though.
Thx everyone

Trimis de pe al meu P7_Xtreme folosind Tapatalk

I knew Framaroot will do the needful. Mostly all mediatek devices can be rooted using that app.

Sent from my E7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: shtresatu
guyzz i want to know that....will the CWM recovery work on noir z5 (pakistani clone)....??..plz reply uploadfromtaptalk1407486821851.jpg

Ravikirancg

May 3, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Mi 11i
any updates regarding custom roms / kernel

Gionee has agreed to release the kernel sources.. And after what happened behind the scenes, I am positive that they will publish them. They have asked for 2 weeks time. I am sure better things will follow after that. Also I am trying to get another dev that I know from my previous device over here.

Sent from my E7

Gionee has agreed to release the kernel sources.. And after what happened behind the scenes, I am positive that they will publish them. They have asked for 2 weeks time. I am sure better things will follow after that. Also I am trying to get another dev that I know from my previous device over here.

Sent from my E7
i know a silly question but ... is it confirm that will they going to release kernel source code i mean any confirm date or news

Thnks

Sent from my E7
Bro its 2 weeks now any news.... Even my timer has stopped now.... Gionee kindly "rehm karoo"

Ravikirancg

May 3, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Mi 11i
Bro its 2 weeks now any news.... Even my timer has stopped now.... Gionee kindly "rehm karoo"

They haven't released it yet but they did send me a copy of it to take a look at and send feedback. The main issue or reason why they didn't want to release was that it had proprietary content and they didn't want others to copy it. As of now, what I got is more or less complete but did not boot up. A little bit more work needs to be done. Once things are complete, they will release the sources to public.

Sent from my E7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally a stable method to root GiONEE Elife E7 16/32GB Models.....

This Method Worked On My E7/16GB And Confirmed Working On 32GB Too
    I Am Not Responsible If You Turn Your Phone Into Brick

Shuame Not Working ??????????????? No Probz

Prerequesties
    *USB debugging must be turned on
    *USB Drivers Must be Installed(Use Pda-Net To Install Drivers)

Method

1-Download And Install Pda Net...
    http://pdanet.co/bin/PdaNetA4150.exe
    2-Open pda net and install drivers by following the onsreen instuctions
    3-Download Vroot from the below link
    http://www.mgyun.com/en/GetVRoot
    4-Open The Vroot App and connect you phone it will start detecting it
    5-Click On root button
    Whoa You Are Rooted :)
    No Lagging Problem On the latest version of Vroot.......................[/I]

Follow These Steps To Install CWM.........(All Credits Goes To @NHS2008 and need rom)
    1. Downlaod Recovery From Here And Place It Somewhere In Phone Memory.
    2. Download "Recovery Tools" From Play Store Or From "Here"
    3. Install Recovery Tools And Open It.
    4. Give It Root Permissions And Select Flash Recovery.
    5. Select Other From Storage>(Navigate To The Downloaded Recovery)>Select "recovery_gnE7.img"
    6. A Pop-Up Will Appear -"Choosing recovery_gnE7.img. Are You sure?>Select "Yes,please" >Flashing >Reboot To Recovery
    7. And Bingo You Have "Chinese CWM Installed
    Video Tutorial

Video Guide To Flash Gapps To Avail Play Store On Chinese Variant Of E7 16/32GB

Gapps
    any updates regarding custom roms / kernel

Sent from my E7

They haven't released it yet but they did send me a copy of it to take a look at and send feedback. The main issue or reason why they didn't want to release was that it had proprietary content and they didn't want others to copy it. As of now, what I got is more or less complete but did not boot up. A little bit more work needs to be done. Once things are complete, they will release the sources to public.

Sent from my E7
    Yup i am definitely gonna try to port it :)

Sent from my E7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Give IT A Try

Hello I just bought the Gionee S5.5 in India. Beautiful Phone. Will these steps work for that too? There's just too much bloatware on the device and out of 2 GB RAM, about 1.5 GB came pre-installed with bogus apps that no one needs.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

I can say brother....

Use framaroot :)

I Am Damn Sure It Will Work :)

And Welcome To Gionee Family :)