[FIX] Fix "bricked" HD2\Leo; 1e FATAL HIT

Search This thread

sharaz191

Mar 15, 2007
So I hope this helps those that have a "bricked" HD2. Two weeks ago I had the dreaded "1e Fatal Hit" error. No matter what I did I could not get it back into working state. Here are the steps I took:

1) Flashed Task29
2) Reflashed HSPL 2.08
3) Flashed Radio 2.15
4) Flashed MAGLDR
5) Flashed latest Recovery

I did those steps multiple times, and at times using Task29 a couple of times in a row, and still would get the "1e Fatal Hit" error. Then I:

1) Flashed Task29
2) Flashed a STOCK ROM using both the SD card and Windows method (mine is a TMOUS HD2 so I flashed the appropriate ROM for it)

And still, the phone would stick on the "Sticking Together" splash screen.

Finally this is what I figured out. There is a small yellow button below the microSD card slot that is a reset button. So this is what I did:

1) Flashed Task29

2) Flashed a STOCK ROM for the HD2 (remember has to be a ROM meant for your version of the HD2/Leo). I flashed via the SD card method. Flashing via Windows might work as well.

3) After it finishes flashing, turn the phone off. Grab a paperclip or toothpick. Turn on the phone as you push the reset button in. The phone should turn on and show the splash screen, then turn off, then turn back on again. I let the phone do this two or three times before releasing. After a period of slience for 20 seconds, the phone finally booted into WinMo 6.5's startup screen.

I was then able to flash with Task29, then HSPL, then Radio, then MAGLDR, then Recovery. And the first test was booting into Recovery which finally worked, then tested with a ROM backup.

Anyways hope this helps those pulling their hair out trying to figure this out.

can i have task29 flasher ?

tgusta

Sep 18, 2008
The task 29 + original rom + reset trick worked for my HD2 fatal hit 1. Thanks nikhil711!
BTW, I just used 1 reset.

phapsubongtoi

Mar 23, 2012
Thank you very much :) This trick worked perfectly for me :)
Plus, i did the tips without Task 29 step and it still worked ;)

Arialkz

Feb 1, 2017
2017. No task29, no vipe, no re-flash. just held reset button for 10 sec. No Fatal HIT after this...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I hope this helps those that have a "bricked" HD2. Two weeks ago I had the dreaded "1e Fatal Hit" error. No matter what I did I could not get it back into working state. Here are the steps I took:

1) Flashed Task29
    2) Reflashed HSPL 2.08
    3) Flashed Radio 2.15
    4) Flashed MAGLDR
    5) Flashed latest Recovery

I did those steps multiple times, and at times using Task29 a couple of times in a row, and still would get the "1e Fatal Hit" error. Then I:

1) Flashed Task29
    2) Flashed a STOCK ROM using both the SD card and Windows method (mine is a TMOUS HD2 so I flashed the appropriate ROM for it)

And still, the phone would stick on the "Sticking Together" splash screen.

Finally this is what I figured out. There is a small yellow button below the microSD card slot that is a reset button. So this is what I did:

1) Flashed Task29

2) Flashed a STOCK ROM for the HD2 (remember has to be a ROM meant for your version of the HD2/Leo). I flashed via the SD card method. Flashing via Windows might work as well.

3) After it finishes flashing, turn the phone off. Grab a paperclip or toothpick. Turn on the phone as you push the reset button in. The phone should turn on and show the splash screen, then turn off, then turn back on again. I let the phone do this two or three times before releasing. After a period of slience for 20 seconds, the phone finally booted into WinMo 6.5's startup screen.

I was then able to flash with Task29, then HSPL, then Radio, then MAGLDR, then Recovery. And the first test was booting into Recovery which finally worked, then tested with a ROM backup.

Anyways hope this helps those pulling their hair out trying to figure this out.
    Amazing find! How did you find out? Trial and error? Because this is awesome!

Actually, after searching on XDA for 15 some-odd hours, I came across someone asking what that button was. So I gave it a last shot and tried it out. I just hope people try it out to save their HD2's. Alot of people either end up reluctantly selling it or trashing it.