Thanks Meter: 83

Post Reply Email Thread
6th August 2014, 05:08 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveen

Know clones (feel free to help):

- Danew i1012 dual boot (strictly identical to Thbk1)

- VOYO A1 (Windows 8 only).
- Cube U100GT (Windows 8 only)

Certainly clones:

- Ramos i10 pro (dual boot)
- Pipo W1 / Work W1 (Windows 8 only)
- ColorFly i106 (Windows 8 only)
- Toshiba WT8-AT01G (Windows 8 only)

Considering getting a voyo a1 or a pipo w2. But 99% of my interest in windows 8 tablets is running old windows games on them. What's your experience with win 8 and older games for windows? Touchscreen make anything unplayable? Thinking old command and conquer or Warcraft 1-3 etc. With some RPG thrown in.

I hate the idea of being limited to just windows, but I'm hesitant to spend too much on what might not work like I hope.

6th August 2014, 10:01 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StridAst

Considering getting a voyo a1 or a pipo w2. But 99% of my interest in windows 8 tablets is running old windows games on them. What's your experience with win 8 and older games for windows? Touchscreen make anything unplayable? Thinking old command and conquer or Warcraft 1-3 etc. With some RPG thrown in.

I hate the idea of being limited to just windows, but I'm hesitant to spend too much on what might not work like I hope.

Honestly,i installed Steam and played some to test. But, alas, it is not successfull. If you can wire a BT pad, let's say it is ok, but else, generally, the touchpad is not suitable, really.

Of course some point'n clic games should work nicely. But except theses, you 'll be forced to add keyboard/mouse. Or, as i mentionned, a bluetooth gamepad, with some keyboard mapping, such as XPadder, could work fine.
7th August 2014, 12:37 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveen

Honestly,i installed Steam and played some to test. But, alas, it is not successfull. If you can wire a BT pad, let's say it is ok, but else, generally, the touchpad is not suitable, really.

Of course some point'n clic games should work nicely. But except theses, you 'll be forced to add keyboard/mouse. Or, as i mentionned, a bluetooth gamepad, with some keyboard mapping, such as XPadder, could work fine.

So basicly, the hardware ran things OK, but the interface sucks, oh well. Probably not worth the headaches of dealing with windows again. I'd imagine it's a real PITA to fix things if it gets a virus.
7th August 2014, 02:29 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StridAst

So basicly, the hardware ran things OK, but the interface sucks, oh well. Probably not worth the headaches of dealing with windows again. I'd imagine it's a real PITA to fix things if it gets a virus.

Like a windows. The 'dock' is allowing light computer use, and Office 2013 home is shipped for free with the tablet. But yeah, Windows legacy is the key when dealing with windows
15th August 2014, 02:33 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Hey mate,

I have one of these - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3909000237...84.m1497.l2649

are you implying that I should be able to get it to dual boot Windows and Android following your guide?

Thanks

Karl
17th August 2014, 11:09 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Hello Karl,

Yes it should be possible if strictly identical.
19th August 2014, 08:08 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Increase data space with Link2SD

You can dedicate a part of external SD to increase /data size. Link2SD is ok for this, and will, in the free version, allows you to move APK to external partition.

Your tablet MUST be rooted !

1) ensure you have a FAT32 partition (primary, 1st position)
2) ensure you have an EXT2 or EXT4 partition (primary, 2nd position)
3) install Link2SD https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.buak.Link2SD

You can now use Link2SD which 'll create links and move your APKs to your new EXT partition.

Personnaly, i have a 32Gb SD with 24Gb FAT + 8Gb EXT4 partition.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Graveen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Graveen Ad-Free
19th August 2014, 08:37 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Increase data space with Link2SD : Good news !!! You are the Boss. THNK1-10 is available at Carrefour (an another good news)
20th August 2014, 05:48 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Time is changing between windows and Android

You can simply set timezone to GMT+0 and disable network time.
On Debian, you set UTC to YES, but need to seek where it takes place in Android.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Graveen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Graveen Ad-Free
23rd August 2014, 11:05 PM |#20  
Flag {^_*}
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu3304

Increase data space with Link2SD : Good news !!! You are the Boss. THNK1-10 is available at Carrefour (an another good news)

carrefour or conforama.
thomson carrefour and /danew in conforama.
even saw on internet that MSI is also having this tablet and just sticking there logo on it. atleast looked like this tablet.

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

hum. i think i will go for the new asus transformer book t100 with atom z3775 processor.
i like the battery life of the asus.
but prefer the acer switch 10 in terms of look and the magnetic dock
but yeah choice of 11 hours of battery or 8. makes a difference
and the new 3775 or 3745. cpu
4th September 2014, 08:26 AM |#21  
Brussels, Belgium
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Wink Android Image for THBK1-10.32
Super to see this here in XDA-DEVs, I have this hybrid too, but I have installed Win8.1 to take over the entire SSD... I would like to go back to Android but I do not have the image that it came with. Does anyone happen to or would be willing to up a Clonezilla of a fresh image or the equivalent (Ghost,Acronis,etc)? I have been trying other Linux images without any great success because of the SoC - it takes care of about everything, Touch/Sound/Wifi etc... so while they will function, they do NOT have all that is needed for day-to-day use. I am tired of the Microsoft Tyranny and would like to go back to more 'open' sources. Can anyone assist? Big thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jeff Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
thbk1 thomson android windows hack

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)