Originally Posted by mr.wasssup
This is an easy-to-follow and complete guide on how to achieve S-OFF on HTC Desire V (T328w, Wind) using the Rumrunner tool (primary for HTC One, adapted for us)
Rumrunner copyright notice: As per the license terms on the official Rumrunner site: http://rumrunner.us/ mirror links of Rumrunner software are not allowed. Using Rumrunner packages hosted on other sites or from other members is risky/outdated and official support is not applicable if you cannot S-OFF or end up bricking your device. You should always download the latest Rumrunner version from the official site: http://rumrunner.us/downloads-2/
Step-by-step procedure before attempting to S-OFF (with non-universal builds of Rumrunner):
1. Your HTC Desire V must be unlocked & rooted.
If it's not rooted, the bootloader must first be unlocked. Follow the instructions in the "Unlocking bootloader" section in this guide:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2265618.
2. Go to Settings > Developer options > check USB debugging. (If you cannot see Developer options, go to Settings > About > Software information > More > tap on Build number 7 times until you get a pop-up message saying: You are now a developer!)
3. Go to Settings > Power > uncheck Fast boot.
4. Uninstall HTC Sync if you have it, as well as all other phone software (Samsung Kies, PDANet, etc.)
5. Disable all your internet security software (antivirus, antispyware such as Windows Defender, etc) and disable firewall (you need unrestricted internet access otherwise Rumrunner will fail).
6. Disable Screen lock security on your HTC Desire V. (Go to Settings > Security > Screen lock > select None) (no passcode lock/no pattern lock/no face lock)
7. A working internet connection on the device.
8. Required a stock ROM but also been successfully tested on Baidu 5.1 & Baidu ROM43
9. Install HTC drivers: here
Hint: If you previously had HTC Sync installed, you should have the drivers already. You can uninstall HTC Sync separately, without removing the drivers.
If you got an error during installing the driver in mode android 1.0, try alternative PDANet drivers
10. You need adb and fastboot: here/mirror
11. Use your HTC USB cable to connect the device to a USB 2.0 port on your PC. (Do not connect through USB hubs or USB 3.0 ports)
12. Connect to FASTBOOT USB mode and test if your phone is accessible via adb fastboot. (Hold the power button down until the phone powers off. Press Volume Down and Power buttons to start the device into Bootloader mode. Use the Volume buttons to select up or down. Highlight Fastboot and press the Power button. Connect the device via the original HTC USB cable to a USB 2.0 port in your PC . Now, click on Start > Run > Type "CMD". This will open the DOS Command Prompt window. Navigate through DOS to your adb folder. Mine is located at C:/ Android so i type in the following order:
This will display your HTC Desire V 's serial number, indicating that you have successfully established USB connection. Here's my log from the Command Prompt window:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator> CD C:\Android
C:\ Android >fastboot devices
If you see nothing after entering the fastboot devices command, then there is a problem with the USB connection - you may have a faulty USB cable and/or you need to install the correct HTC USB drivers depending on your OS).
13. Charge your HTC Desire V to 100%. Some users have reported that if the battery level is below 50%, the S-OFF procedure will sometimes fail.
14. Download the rumrunner_proto_0.7.1 version of Rumrunner according to your OS: http://rumrunner.us/downloads-2/
Hint: Yes, it`s for HTC Desire X, but method is the same.
15.Connect your HTC Desire V using the HTC USB cable via a USB 2.0 port and boot up the phone. Leave it on its homescreen. Close any open Command Prompt windows. Unzip the Rumrunner file on your hard drive C:\. Make sure that you have administrator rights on the computer. Double-click on soju.exe to start the S-OFF operation (or right-click on soju.exe to run as Administrator).
15.a) Agree to the terms and conditions you are prompted with in soju (Yes)
15.b) Allow the exploit to do its work (Yes).
Your device will reboot 4-6 times throughout the process.
Do not touch device! Wait until the console appears "Press ENTER to exit". Disconnect your HTC Desire V
15.c) Reboot device in the bootloader & check S-OFF
Here is my complete log from successful Rumrunner S-OFF execution:
Attention : USING S-OFF METHOD YOU WILL GET VIBRATIONS ON BOOT !
HTC Desire V (as well as HTC Desire X) has a known bug where it will vibrate multiple times (7) on EVERY boot after using rumrunner. This is NOT reversible. You’ve been warned!!!
New possibilities with S-OFF