CPU cores locked at 2.0-2.3 GHz despite low cpu usage. Top App usage not showing corr

Search This thread

EddieN

May 13, 2011
Gothenburg
Hi guys.

Edit : I am running fully stock, non-rooted and OTA updated Kit Kat 4.4.2

I noticed that a high Android OS usage and wake lock (in my case) comes from the cpu Governor locking all cores to 2.0-2.3 GHz despite nothing happening on the phone. I checked this using the system monitor tool. I have screenshots added.

The problem is that I can't see what apps are causing the governor to never make the other 3 cores go offline. When I check "Top apps" everything is at 0% cpu usage. What is causing the cores to never go offline and stay locked at 2.0GHz+ and drain battery?? It is only when this happens that I get high Android OS usage. A reboot fixes it, but it happens randomly. When I feel that my battery is draining badly, I check my cpu in system monitor and see all cores online even when idle. I just don't get it.

I'm thinking it may have something to do with dashclock/BBS or some combination, as every time this happens, the BBS add on in dashclock shows 0% drain (so it seems broken when it happens).

Please help!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392248070721.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392248070721.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 772
  • uploadfromtaptalk1392248084912.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392248084912.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 779
Last edited:

Peri Noid

Aug 20, 2014
Warsaw
I noticed that a high Android OS usage and wake lock (in my case) comes from the cpu Governor locking all cores to 2.0-2.3 GHz despite nothing happening on the phone. I checked this using the system monitor tool. I have screenshots added.

Hello. Have you found a solution to this problem? I thing I have something silmilar, although in my case the IDLE cores stay at 300MHz and they do not enter offline as they should. I have a rooted phone with original 4.4.2 firmware and Xposed framework installed, but it doesn't seem to be a problem (the cores get stuck after some time).

bogdan1980

Sep 28, 2012
Bucharest greatest city ever
I have xposed enabled, dvfs disabler its enabled.
My minimum 300mhz became 1.19-2ghz, so cpu is stuck.. Onlu one core usually. I find out one app that does that, camera. I enter camera app then exit, cpu minimum core is 1.95ghz and stay there always, till restart.

What rom do you have? I'm on xxuend3
And on what governor? I'm on interactive.

And usually if you move cpu minimum /maximum sliders, cpu became unstuck.
So you have few cores stuck, move sliders up and down and stuck became unstuck

Last edited:
Regarding the top apps not showing, I've found the usage reporting on the device to be entirely broken.

I've had it report, in 6 seperate apps, that Android was using 25%... whilst I'd been playing Oh Edo! Towns for 6 hours straight. It listed that game, which is quite heavy, as 2%.

No way in hell that's accurate.

25% in deep sleep, yes. There's nothing else running, so 25% of 1% per hour for idle processes makes sense. But not during gaming.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: bogdan1980

bogdan1980

Sep 28, 2012
Im on skyhigh kernel. On this one cpu wont stuck.

I found that Camera app makes cpu stuck at maximum clock, like 2.2 or more. The fix, restart phone or use cpu sliders and move them a bit, then cpu became unstuck. Use android tuner, faux, etc for moving cpu clock sliding

Note 3 rooted knox 1, my last Samsuck crap. I want freedom. Stay away from Samsuck!

bogdan1980

Sep 28, 2012
I found an small annoyance. When i wake up the phone i see an lag... Sometimes its about 5sec,sometimes lower or more. How can i fix this? Tried to raise cpu clock on touch... The same

Note 3 rooted knox 1, my last Samsuck crap. I want freedom. Stay away from Samsuck!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Regarding the top apps not showing, I've found the usage reporting on the device to be entirely broken.

I've had it report, in 6 seperate apps, that Android was using 25%... whilst I'd been playing Oh Edo! Towns for 6 hours straight. It listed that game, which is quite heavy, as 2%.

No way in hell that's accurate.

25% in deep sleep, yes. There's nothing else running, so 25% of 1% per hour for idle processes makes sense. But not during gaming.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2