FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

EZCast aka Miracast dongle vs Chromecast (discussion, similarities and differences)

356 posts
Thanks Meter: 263

By mathorv, Senior Member on 1st February 2014, 01:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd September 2014, 09:01 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 374

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoliva

Hi all,

I am looking around to choose the best dongle but find it hard to choose!
On AliExpress these 3 are likely most sold:
- Vsmart v5ii
- EzCast M2
- Tronsmart T2

What are the biggest differences? Most important thing to do is to watch Netflix through the iPad on TV.

Can anyone give me some advise?

You don't want to Mirror for things like Netflix nor for any Media playback truth be told...
Mirroring is great for perhaps playing games and displaying slideshows and stuff directly off your mobile device, but if Movie, TV and Music content is what you are looking for go for the CCast.

While it is limited in it's ability to Mirror and work without an Internet connection it does a much better job on media playback.
Only time I would suggest a Miracast type dongle is for uses where no Internet or WiFi AP is available and it also has a DLNA mode that can handle the Media Playback properly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Asphyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Asphyx Ad-Free

3rd September 2014, 10:08 PM |#72  
Flag Woodshires Green, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Ezcast is excellent I've had mine about a week (measy a2w) until today I thought you needed to mirror your streaming its so much easier faster and smoother to there interface

Better reliability no more drop outs unlike the mirror #goodkit always great to get good info on XDA
13th September 2014, 08:58 AM |#73  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Connecting multiple TV's to one laptop through EzCast
Hi, just want to check if anyone have tried streaming to multiple televisions (say 4 TV's) from one laptop using EzCast. Is this even possible?

I plan on purchasing the Measy A2W dongle and connect 4 of them to four 50" televisions each, then use a windows 8.1 laptop to stream content to them.

Any thoughts or idea on making this work is appreciated.
13th September 2014, 12:25 PM |#74  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I found this one provide USB WiFi antenna but it not shipping to thailand.
Can not find on ebay .
T.T
14th September 2014, 07:30 AM |#75  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,025

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibraltar101

Hi, just want to check if anyone have tried streaming to multiple televisions (say 4 TV's) from one laptop using EzCast. Is this even possible?

I plan on purchasing the Measy A2W dongle and connect 4 of them to four 50" televisions each, then use a windows 8.1 laptop to stream content to them.

Any thoughts or idea on making this work is appreciated.

I don't know if it's possible but even if it is, if you need the displays to be in sync with each other, you don't want 4 separate devices playing/receiving content - that's a recipe for echo and lag.
14th September 2014, 11:18 AM |#76  

More
Thanks for your insight mate. Looks like lagging would be my primary problem with this setup.

Sent from my LG-D618
24th September 2014, 11:38 PM |#77  
Flag Woodshires Green, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 40

More
I've had better success mirroring with acestream today from my mipad pretty solid and zero dropouts

The measy just gets better 🔌
26th September 2014, 10:13 PM |#78  

More
Miracast is a standard and technology, EZCast is a trademark and an application
A Miracast client device should be able to attach to a Miracast host device without EZCast software. The purpose of the app is to enable the host to use WIDI..

With Android, the various manufacturers have buried the "Settings" in different places and given them different names. EZCast bypasses the GUI/launcher/skin to get to these settings.
1st October 2014, 01:13 PM |#79  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Have a query about the EZcast dongle.
On their website, it says it supports Youtube.
Now is this a good device to buy if primarily I want to 'cast' youtube videos only and watch on my Big screen TV ?
Like chromecast can I do this...

1. Use my PC or compatible mobile to search for a video on youtube.
2. Cast (not mirror) to the dongle and it should play on the TV now.
3. I can lock the phone or shut down the phone or PC once video starts on the TV.

Is the above possible ?

Also I see that on ebay, The M2 or A2W dongles are available for under $20 shipped from HK/China. Good idea to buy one from those listings ?

The 3 Main dongles I see on ebay, under $25 are..

1. Measy A2W
2. Ezcast M2
3. VSmart EZcast

Is it ok to go with any of these as all will provide absolutely same function, or I should go for any specific model ?
4th October 2014, 12:09 PM |#80  
Flag RAWALPINDI
Thanks Meter: 615

More
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-a...610166353.html

I have galaxy note 3 and Samsung smart tv. I can already send all the media files to my tv but all i need is screen mirroring. I was tempted towards chromecast but when i saw videos on youtube, the gaming is quite laggy. I am now looking towards the above cheap alternate for screen mirroring. What you guys say?
5th October 2014, 12:18 AM |#81  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,025

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohebq

I have galaxy note 3 and Samsung smart tv. I can already send all the media files to my tv but all i need is screen mirroring. I was tempted towards chromecast but when i saw videos on youtube, the gaming is quite laggy. I am now looking towards the above cheap alternate for screen mirroring. What you guys say?

Your TV should already support AllShare Cast. What model is it?
Chromecast screen mirroring, on a supported device and stock ROM, is the same latency, approximately 0.5 second.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chromecast, ezcast, miracast

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)