[APP] Sony Xperia Torch

Search This thread

nreuge

Apr 22, 2013
Saint-Nazaire
I've noticed that the app Xperia torch is missing in my Z2. So, I share it here.

Instruction: Install as normal apk.

Credits: @DaRk-L0rD

Attachments

• com.sonyericsson.androidapp.torchapp.apk
    853.9 KB · Views: 6,243
  • Torch.png
    Torch.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 5,719

qq67

May 23, 2007
Hi

I just got my Z2 yesterday but i just cant believe this top phones flashlight is this weak.
Compare to any other phone S3, S4, moto g, nexus4, nexus 5 is like a joke.
1/3 of the strength or less. Or maybe my device is faulty?
Interestingly when i take a photo the flash much stronger but when I use any torch app just a little bit stronger then a the screen on full brightness.

Reactions: rajaraj

nreuge

Apr 22, 2013
Saint-Nazaire
Hi

I just got my Z2 yesterday but i just cant believe this top phones flashlight is this weak.
Interestingly when i take a photo the flash much stronger but when I use any torch app just a little bit stronger then a the screen on full brightness.

Yes, I've noticed that the Z2 flashlight is weaker than the one of the T. Maybe for power saving purpose ??

Reactions: Rajeev

Abby Oddie

Aug 13, 2014
It's an excellent app allowing you to set (turn on and off) almost all android services, and as a bonus, a torchlight that can use either the LED or screen. This app can also be "docked" at the status bar for quick access.it's not exactly hard to make a phone that manages adequate voice calls. I can't remember the last time that I had a mobile that failed here. It's unremarkable for the phone to work for voice. I'd expect the reviewer to mention very clearly if it sucked for voice (dodgy antenna, poor earpiece/mic), of course.

Last edited:

hasn4179

Aug 5, 2013
Passing high amount of current through led for a very long time can cause damage, thats why only the last pulse of flash in photo capturing is the brightest, as it is for only a short amount of time (even less than a second)
if you can figure out how much current the LED can endure (through datasheet), you can increase the brightness of the LED by increasing the current value "in some system file" but be careful not to exceed the threshold value, or the LED will confirm get damaged(sorry i dont know exact file, maybe google can help?)
still, i cant 100% guarantee the LED will be safe for custom values, but when i used xperia U, one guy made a "LUXEN LED brightness increasing mod" which i still use even now on my xpU and my LED is much brighter and not damaged :p
Its just, if you are gonna try it, you should have idea of basic electrical engineering so you can read the datasheet easily and understand all the "dangers" involved, if any..

Reactions: nreuge
i know this thread is abit older but...
some days ago i switches from z1 to z2 and i can remember the same "problem" of the z1. there was a mod that allowed you to push the current of the led in "torch-mod" at the same level as "camera flash". i used it for a really long time and noticed no damage to the led. but this mod is not working for the z2.
i really wish a brighter led -.-
(and please stop "it can destroy bla bla bla" ppl who are using this kind of modifications should know about the risk. and if they dont... well... not your problem)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've noticed that the app Xperia torch is missing in my Z2. So, I share it here.

Instruction: Install as normal apk.

Credits: @DaRk-L0rD
    Hi

Hi

Yes, I've noticed that the Z2 flashlight is weaker than the one of the T. Maybe for power saving purpose ??
    Is there a way to make the light since brighter?

The first question to ask is: is it safe. If the light brightness is rather low, there may be a good reason...
    I don't necessarily believe that.

This was an assumption. Better to be prudent...