[RC10] ULTIMATIC RC7T6![EXE]-=Ultimate Jar Power Tools=- w/Maximum MultiTasking Mods!

Search This thread

ScarletAzure

Jul 1, 2014
Jakarta
You obviously did something wrong, did you apply root:root ownership and 644 permission to services.jar?

chown root:root /system/framework/services.jar
chmod 644 /system/framework/services.jar

?

The moment I copied the services.jar, my phone rebooted itself, so I can't change the ownership and the permissions :silly:

Thanks for the patched services.jar, I will try to apply it on my phone now

Edit : Okay, it still rebooted itself

Edited : Now using adb shell, I managed to change the permission and ownership. Thanks :D

Last edited:

gu5t3r

May 30, 2012
The moment I copied the services.jar, my phone rebooted itself, so I can't change the ownership and the permissions :silly:

Thanks for the patched services.jar, I will try to apply it on my phone now

Edit : Okay, it still rebooted itself

Edited : Now using adb shell, I managed to change the permission and ownership. Thanks :D

That is why you need to use Terminal to copy new services.jar

Code:
busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
busybox cp /sdcard/services.jar /system/framework/services.jar
busybox chown root:root /system/framework/services.jar
busybox chmod 644 /system/framework/services.jar
busybox sync
reboot

Reactions: Nolfer

ryomakun

Sep 15, 2011
-- DELETE--

My mistake that i didnt see first post with red color

Attachments

• ultimatic_log.txt
    11.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

masterosok

Sep 9, 2011
hangs at Samsung start up screen after patching

Patched my Samsung S4 (running rooted NAE Sprint rom and NAE modem/firmware). I freezes at the Samsung start up screen. Log is attached.

I noticed this in the log but I am not sure if its the cause of the issue:

Code:
Updating services.jar with Info-Zip 3.0

zip warning: name not matched: classes.dex

zip error: Nothing to do! (try: zip -r services.jar . -i classes.dex)

Pushing new services.jar to /system/framework...

Creating new services.odex...

--- BEGIN '/system/framework/services_new.jar' (bootstrap=0) ---
--- waiting for verify+opt, pid=23709
--- would reduce privs here
execl(/bin/dexopt) failed: Permission denied
--- END '/system/framework/services_new.jar' --- status=0x4300, process failed

Attachments

• ultimatic_log.txt
    12.7 KB · Views: 7
Patched my Samsung S4 (running rooted NAE Sprint rom and NAE modem/firmware). I freezes at the Samsung start up screen. Log is attached.

I noticed this in the log but I am not sure if its the cause of the issue:

Code:
Updating services.jar with Info-Zip 3.0

zip warning: name not matched: classes.dex

zip error: Nothing to do! (try: zip -r services.jar . -i classes.dex)

Pushing new services.jar to /system/framework...

Creating new services.odex...

--- BEGIN '/system/framework/services_new.jar' (bootstrap=0) ---
--- waiting for verify+opt, pid=23709
--- would reduce privs here
execl(/bin/dexopt) failed: Permission denied
--- END '/system/framework/services_new.jar' --- status=0x4300, process failed
No support for kitkat yet. So don't complain

Nolfer

Nov 23, 2013
PATCHING SERVICES.JAR IN KITKAT ROMS:

Ahhh, the Nexus 6 is just about to roll out. Google is giving away all his remaining Nexus 5 phones by updating (very generously) their replacement policy. They get rid of stockpiles of N5s and make their customers happy in one shot.
It is rumored that the new N6s and N9s will run Android L out of the box, and Google even released a developer preview, dedicated to... well, us: the enthusiasts, the programmers, the developers, the ones that don't settle for mediocrity, the ones that won't ever accept "this is the standard, take it and shut up", the ones that "why should I stay with this, when I can modify it and get it to perform better and in new ways?".
As sad as this may be, though, our loved Supercharger still didn't get an update for our KitKat builds; zeppelinrox is apparently MIA, and we are still waiting for His Return. While we were waiting, though, some people found a way to 100% supercharge android kitkat builds. This is the heart warming story of how they made it...

But first, a friendly reminder:
If you're updating your rom, be sure to have a backup.
Why, you ask? Well, first because you always have to make a backup before you change something, you fool.
"Thou shalt not update without backing up first".
Second, If something in the new updated ROM is different from the old one (with this "something" being probably services.jar), you can't just use the old patched services.jar from your old build. You'll get stuck at boot. If this happens, you have to re-do the entire patching process using the new ROM's services.jar.
I just updated to a new nightly and couldn't get past boot logo, because I used my old patched services.jar from the old build.
So, if you find yourself in this mess, the solution is to do the entire process again.

Here is the entire KITKAT patching process, for the joy of all of you lazy people out there who like being spoon fed and cba to search (well, I don't blame you, it was kinda boring):

[GROCERY LIST]:

1: Assuming you already have notepad++ (you don't? Go get it), get the compiler and decompiler and all that stuff here, extract everything in a folder, we will call this folder "stuff".

2: Get the updated smali and baksmali here (new link as of 26 march 2016); the files that you are looking for are [[[ OLD baksmali-2.0.3.jar and smali-2.0.3.jar (as of 5 august 2014) /OLD ]]] baksmali-2.1.1.jar and smali-2.1.1.jar (as of 26 march 2016). Move these 2 files inside "stuff" and rename them as baksmali.jar and smali.jar. Yes, replace the old ones with these two.

3: Get the ROM's new services.jar. It can be found in /system/framework. Save it in the "stuff" folder.

[/GROCERY LIST]

4: Edit the 1.bat file. Change android.policy.jar to services.jar. It must look like this: "java -jar baksmali.jar -x services.jar -o classout" (from this "java -jar baksmali.jar -x android.policy.jar -o classout").

5: Run that and it will create a new folder inside "stuff", called "classout". Go to classout\com\android\server\am and open ActivityManagerService.smali with notepad++ or equivalent editor. Change the values like gu5t3r indicates here.
It's easy to find these values.
Just copy the string above them and ctrl-f it. You will find it without too much hassle. Change the old value (should be the same as the red one) with the new green value. SAVE THE EDITS (CTRL-S).

7: Do the same with ProcessList.smali. Red values to green ones. SAVE THE EDITS! This is considerably more enjoyable (because it's SHORTER, hence FASTER).

8: PHEW! You're almost done, you just did the worst part. Now (did you save the edits?) get back to the root of "stuff" and execute 2.bat. A wild "classes.dex" file appears! Go, Pikachu, open services.jar with an archive viewer and replace the classes.dex file inside the archive with the new, patched one we just recompiled!

9: It's super effective! Now you have a fresh new services.jar ready to be thrown back at your android system. Copy it in the root of your sdcard, then run these commands,

EITHER from the terminal emulator:

Code:
busybox sync
reboot

OR if you cba to type these on your smartphone, copypaste them (and execute them in order, one by one) via windows command prompt (be sure to have usb debugging on) by running:

Code:
adb shell "command"

where " "command" " is the command that you would run in Terminal Emulator, like this:

Code:
adb shell busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
or this:

Code:
adb shell busybox cp /sdcard/services.jar /system/framework/services.jar

10: You are now aware that there was no number 6. Go on, check it. Mind blowing, isn't it? Yeah, I know, incredible. Makes you wonder about reality itself. Who knows how many hidden things you didn't notice in your life. Who knows how many things you won't notice in the future?

11: ???

12: Profit

Last edited:

XDAMaxe

Oct 15, 2012
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 8 Pro

(By the way, it's almost 3AM here and I really don't have the physical and mental energy to think about the fact that the editing process could be avoided, if it was possible to just decompile services.jar and replace ActivityManagerService.smali and ProcessList.smali with the same two patched copies every time without editing them every single time. Can this be avoided? Am I right?)

wrooooooom, wt*, hell freezes over ....HELLZYEAH and .... WORKS !
I can't thank you enough for this perfect instruction.

imho if you check the changelog of a rom-update and there's no change for framework/services.jar mentioned then I would simply replace the unchanged services.jar of the rom-update with your patched one (nevertheless it is then safe to simply replace ActivityManagerService.smali and ProcessList.smali too...but why ? there'd be no need). In case services.jar changed: one has to reveal what changed in detail - I'm not experienced enough with android therefore idk what can happen if you simply replace those files though - maybe you'll get an itoilet :silly:
On my side I placed /data/init.rc created by V6-script into the rom too and flashed all together within the same rom.zip.
If nothing changed on rom-side I think this will be the easiest way.

Again: T H A N K S A L O T L O T L O T !!!!!

fyi: i9300 (Galaxy S 3) running with carbonrom (latest 4.4.4 nightly, cm11/omni based), boeffla omni-NG kernel

EDIT: just checked a new rom-update. it contains a services.jar which had the same file size as before but simply replacing the patched services.jar from the recent rom.zip works but there are some weird messages I wasn't able to evaluate while boot - though the rom is running good as far as I can see.
For safety reasons I patched the new (maybe updated?) services.jar from the rom update like described above. Hmmm.. and while boot there are no such messages as before - so I assume that anyway there must be a difference.
In the end: I wouldn't recommend simply replacing a formerly patched services.jar in case of rom updates - you'll never know what you'll get (remember Forrest Gump, he ?).

Maybe someone can simplify the process of replacing the values that have to be patched into services.jar.

Last edited:

Nolfer

Nov 23, 2013
[...]In the end: I wouldn't recommend simply replacing a formerly patched services.jar in case of rom updates - you'll never know what you'll get (remember Forrest Gump, he ?).

Maybe someone can simplify the process of replacing the values that have to be patched into services.jar.

My thoughts exactly. One could write a script or more that pulls the jar from the android system, decompiles it, searches for the values in the smalis, changes them, recompiles the classes.dex, updates the jar archive, and then pushes it in the system, executing the last commands and rebooting the device.

...wait a second

Reactions: XDAMaxe

XDAMaxe

Oct 15, 2012
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 8 Pro
My thoughts exactly. One could write a script or more that pulls the jar from the android system, decompiles it, searches for the values in the smalis, changes them, recompiles the classes.dex, updates the jar archive, and then pushes it in the system, executing the last commands and rebooting the device.

...wait a second

Woah, yesss, that would be perfect.
You mean that you can make it happen?
I will surely wait longer than a second :)

Nolfer

Nov 23, 2013
Woah, yesss, that would be perfect.
You mean that you can make it happen?
I will surely wait longer than a second :)

Haha I could, but I was referring to zep's ultimatic script.

I (anyone) could just use that as a template and update it for kitkat roms. I'm actually in the process of getting acquired with his script; I'm studying it to see how it's made and what changes have to be made in order to make it work for kk roms. I've never programmed in batch, so this is kinda new to me and will take time, but hopefully someone else is already skilled at this and could give a hand, or do the process himself.

We already came up with the project, now we need someone with the know-how.

But first, I must ask: why isn't zep's ultimatic tool compatible with kk? This could give us a first hint

Edit: okay, so this should be the part that concerns us:

Code:
$sed -i'' -e '/\"Background\"/,/end method/{
						'$(($keyline1+2))'s/'$visold'/'$visnew'/
						'$(($keyline1+4))'s/'$hvyold'/'$hvynew'/
						'$(($keyline1+5))'s/'$bkupold'/'$bkupnew'/
						'$(($keyline1+7))'s/'$homeold'/'$homenew'/
						'$(($keyline1+8))'s/'$prevold'/'$prevnew'/}
			/iput.*systemNoUi/,/\"started-bg-services\"/{
						'$(($keyline2-10))',/\"visible\"/s/'$visold'$/'$visnew'/
						/\"f.*-service\"/,/\"heavy\"/s/'$hvyold'$/'$hvynew'/
						/\"heavy\"/,'$(($keyline3-11))'s/'$homeold'$/'$homenew'/
						/\"home\"/,/\"previous\"/s/'$prevold'$/'$prevnew'/
						/\"previous\"/,/\"backup\"/s/'$bkupold'$/'$bkupnew'/}
			/\"svcb.\"/,/\"fore.\"/{
						/\"svcb.\"/,/\"vis..\"/s/if-lt/if-ne/
						/\"svcb.\"/,/\"home.\"/s/'$prevold'$/'$prevnew'/
						'$(($keyline6-12))',/\"home.\"/s/'$homeold'$/'$homenew'/
						'$(($keyline6+6))',/ProcessRecord/s/'$homeold'$/'$homenew'/
						/\"home.\"/,/\"prcp.\"/{
									s/'$bkupold'$/'$bkupnew'/
									s/'$hvyold'$/'$hvynew'/}
						/\"prcp.\"/,/\"fore.\"/s/'$visold'$/'$visnew'/}
			/0x7541/,/>lastRequestedGc/s/'$hvyold'$/'$hvynew'/
			/VISIBLE_APP_ADJ/,/SERVICE_B_ADJ/{
						/VISIBLE_APP_ADJ/,/PERCEPTIBLE_APP_ADJ/s/'$visold'$/'$visnew'/
						/HEAVY_WEIGHT_APP_ADJ/,/BACKUP_APP_ADJ/s/'$hvyold'$/'$hvynew'/
						/BACKUP_APP_ADJ/,/SERVICE_ADJ/s/'$bkupold'$/'$bkupnew'/
						/HOME_APP_ADJ/,/PREVIOUS_APP_ADJ/s/'$homeold'$/'$homenew'/
						/PREVIOUS_APP_ADJ/,/SERVICE_B_ADJ/s/'$prevold'$/'$prevnew'/}' ActivityManagerService.smali
	if [ "$svcold" != "0x0" ]; then
		$sed -i'' -e '/\"Background\"/,/end method/{'$(($keyline1+6))'s/'$svcold'/'$svcnew'/}
				/\"top-activity\"/,/\"started-bg-services\"/{'$(($keyline4-8))',/\"started-bg-services\"/s/'$svcold'$/'$svcnew'/}
				/\"bg-ui-provider\"/,/>serviceb/{/\"provider\"/,/>serviceb/s/'$svcold'$/'$svcnew'/}
				/\"svcb.\"/,/\"fore.\"/{/\"home.\"/,/\"prcp.\"/s/'$svcold'$/'$svcnew'/}
				/VISIBLE_APP_ADJ/,/SERVICE_B_ADJ/{/SERVICE_ADJ/,/HOME_APP_ADJ/s/'$svcold'$/'$svcnew'/}
				/method public killBackgroundProcesses/,/\"kill.background\"/{'$(($keyline7-14))',/\"kill.background\"/s/'$svcold'$/'$svcnew'/}' ActivityManagerService.smali
	fi
	if [ "$nodebuginfo" ]; then
		$sed -i'' -e '/\"bound-bg-services\"/,/\"bg-services\"/{
							'$(($keyline5-40))','$(($keyline5-32))'s/'$visold'$/'$visnew'/
							'$(($keyline5-24))',/\"bg-services\"/s/'$visold'$/'$visnew'/}' ActivityManagerService.smali
	else
		if [ "$Sense4" ]; then
								'$(($keyline5-58))','$(($keyline5-50))'s/'$visold'$/'$visnew'/
								'$(($keyline5-36))',/\"bg-services\"/s/'$visold'$/'$visnew'/}' ActivityManagerService.smali
		else
								'$(($keyline5-58))','$(($keyline5-50))'s/'$visold'$/'$visnew'/
								'$(($keyline5-38))',/\"bg-services\"/s/'$visold'$/'$visnew'/}' ActivityManagerService.smali
		fi
	fi
	$sed -i'' -e '/static fields/,/instance fields/{
						/BACKUP_APP_ADJ:/s/'$bkupold'$/'$bkupnew'/
						/HEAVY_WEIGHT_APP_ADJ:/s/'$hvyold'$/'$hvynew'/
						/HOME_APP_ADJ:/s/'$homeold'$/'$homenew'/
						/PREVIOUS_APP_ADJ:/s/'$prevold'$/'$prevnew'/
						/VISIBLE_APP_ADJ:/s/'$visold'$/'$visnew'/}' ProcessList.smali
	if [ "$svcold" != "0x0" ]; then
		$sed -i'' -e '/static fields/,/instance fields/{/SERVICE_ADJ:/s/'$svcold'$/'$svcnew'/}' ProcessList.smali
	else
		$sed -i'' -e '/static fields/,/instance fields/{/SERVICE_ADJ_REF/s/'$svcref'$/'$svcnew'/}
				/method static constructor/,/end method/{
							s/0x5$/'$svcnew'/
							s/0x7$/'$svcnew'/}' ProcessList.smali
	fi
	echo "     Your smali files are now SuperCharged!"

I think this is the batch equivalent of editing the smali files. It should be converted based on how gu5t3r indicates here. Anybody know what to do? I think once we edited this we should be good to go and the script should be okay even for kk. Can anybody confirm this?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note: NOT YET UPDATED FOR KITKAT!

==============================================================================
    If this information is helpful, please Rate the thread 5 Stars and click Thanks! Or consider donating:)
    And thanks for feedback!

-=Ultimate Jar Power Tools=- (Smali Patcher Script) & -=Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools=- (Fully Automated - .exe/.bat/.sh formats)

This is for patching services.jar on ALL Android ROMS - Froyo and up! (Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, ICS, Jelly Bean AND Sense 4.0+)

Important Update! services.jar Patching is now FULLY Ultimatic!

Deodex and ODEX Supported! Windows and Linux and Mac OSX!

-=Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools=- (zip or exe) attached to this post. Full Instructions are in Step 2A.

So now it's this easy: 1. Run V6 SuperCharger, 2. Run Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools (Good for ANY OS), 3. SuperClean and Reboot... THAT'S IT!

Attenion Devs: You can freely modify your services.jar with my script and package it in your ROM.
    Just be sure to give proper credit and link to this thread. Thank You.

Repackaging of this mod with other tweak or mod packages is stricly prohibited.

Many of you already know that SuperCharging ICS and Jelly Bean requires the patching of services.jar.
    That's where this all began...
    Since I was already modding services.jar, other things came up that "needed" hacking... lol

The patcher script, formerly known as "Jelly ISCream Smali Patcher" has now grown beyond the scope of the V6 SuperCharger thread and warrants it's own home :cool:
    Plus, it includes perhaps the biggest thing since SuperCharger...
    MaxOD3.png

It Makes Your Big Ass RAM MultiTask A Ton - And Then Some!

See Post 2 for more info about -=Maximum Overdrive=-

So what's included?

Mod 1. Jelly ISCream for ICS and Jelly Bean. This will SuperCharge Your Home Launcher and ADJ/OOM Priorities! Bonus: You pick launcher strength! There's some info on that here.

Mod 2. Maximum MultiTasking Mods for Froyo and above has 2 parts.
    a. -=Maximum Overdrive=- This lets you run up to 70 hidden apps instead of the default 15 (RAM permitting) without breaking the lowmemorykiller!
    Why only 15 by default? See the google groups link in Post 2 ;)
    b. Time Killer Killer. This tries to bypass the 30 minute service inactivity limit by increasing it to 24 hours ;^]
    Huge thanks to dorimanx from XDA Forums for ideas and the initial mod to bypass the lowmemorykiller for greater multitasking :)

Mod 3. Non-Sense App Limit for Sense 4 and above (Not needed for Sense 3.6 and below).
    This eliminates additional restrictions introduced with Sense 4.
    a. Visible tasks increased from 8 apps to 50 (RAM permitting)
    b. Something called "HTC Recent App Fusion" is rendered a non-factor.
    The Non-Sense App Limit Mod was born in the EVO 4G LTE forums... see this thread for the groundwork and continued testing.
    For assistance, testing and support, thanks to: il Duce, jeffsanace, steal25, bog3nator, fernando sor, mrlakadaddy, SteelH

Bonus Sense Mod: Unlimited Recent Apps Panels by steal25.
    By default, the recent apps panel will only show 8 apps.
    I tried and failed to do it :cyclops: - but at least I was able to help him break a 16 panel barrier to make it Unlimited :D

Mods 2 and 3 (where applicable) let you use your RAM to its Fullest MultiTasking Potential!!

Don't worry about if you can't run that many apps at once - the lowmemorykiller will kick in according to your minfrees...

======================================================================
    Increase the minfree values for more free ram... Lower them for more multitasking :)
    ======================================================================

I strongly recommend using V6 SuperCharger in conjunction with these mods in order to tweak the minfrees, but more importantly, take advantage of its OOM grouping fixes
    The OOM grouping fixes will help ensure that the higher, supercharged ADJs won't result in an overly-aggressive lowmemorykiller.

So if do these mods and enjoy multitasking improvement without using V6 SuperCharger's grouping fix - it's even better with SuperCharger!
    Get it HERE

===========================================================

Note: Do this at your own risk - regardless of how little risk there is .
    ............ Do a nandroid but simply reflashing your ROM or restoring services.jar will remove it.

Requirements:

1. Rooted Android Device.

2. Script Manager or Terminal Emulator to run the script. Stock ROMs can also use SM to load up boot scripts!

3. Busybox v1.16.2 OR ABOVE. You can use any of the ones attached to V6 SuperCharger OP which contain a Feature Rich busybox v1.19.4 by wraithdu (CWM flashable.zip, "Normal" Installation script by me and one which reinstalls BusyBox on EACH boot by me.)

OR,,,

Grab the SuperCharger Starter Kit and have busybox plus other tools (fixed su binary, zipalign binary and sqlite3 binary) installed instantly!

BusyBox WARNING: Some versions are "minimal" with many missing applets and functions! I also find v1.18.3, v1.18.4 and 1.185 VERY much a hassle with errors that should NOT be errors! Avoid any such versions! Minimal is BAD!

4. Java must be installed on your computer - Click to Verify Java Installation

5. Device drivers must be installed on your computer (so ADB works) - You can search XDA for "naked drivers" which seems to work for most devices.

Installation - Easy as 1, 2, 3!

Installation is the same as explained in Post 2 of the SuperCharger thread. I won't go into all the gory/smali details again so refer to that for the most part.
    But this is the rundown.

Necessary Smali Files Patched:

Froyo and up - ActivityManagerService.smali (Mod 2)
    ICS and Jelly Bean - ActivityManagerService.smali and ProcessList.smali (Mods 1 and 2)
    Sense 4 and above - ActivityManagerService.smali, ProcessList.smali (Mods 1, 2 and 3)

You get the smali files after decompiling services.jar (In Step 2 Below)
    But that doesn't even matter if you choose Option 2A or 2C since those are automatic methods :)

1. Run the NEWEST V6 SuperCharger script as always.

2. Patch and install services.jar by whichever method you like best.

Note: All options below require Java to be installed on your computer - Click to Verify Java Installation

Option A) Use one of the attached -=Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools=- (exe or zip) which DO EVERYTHING for you "Fully Ultimatically" on DEODEX & ODEX ROMS!
    They do everything that is explained in this tutorial - from start to finish ie. Steps 1 to 9!

These will do both Deodex AND Odex ROMS too!

Includes:

Automation tools: ultimatic_jar_patcher_adb.bat (Windows) and ultimatic_jar_patcher_adb.sh (Linux/Mac OSX)
    Ultimate Jar Power Tools RC5
    latest smali/baksmali v1.4.1
    adb (Windows/Linux/Mac OSX)
    some GNU utilities/binaries (Windows)
    dexopt-wrapper (used for ODEX roms)

Requirements:

For Android device: busybox, android debugging turned on, charge only mode when plugged into computer.
    For Computer: Java installed (for baksmali/smali), device drivers (so ADB works)

Usage:

Windows - use either the Ultimatic*.exe or the zip's ultimatic*.bat file - Windows exe is NOT zipped. Just remove the .zip extension!
    Actually, if you have windows cygwin installed, you can even use the zip's ultimatic*.sh file lol

Linux or Mac OSX - use the zip's ultimatic*.sh file

Download attachment to your PC: zip file? - extract to a folder; exe file? - remove the zip extension

How to run -=Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools=-

1. Connect your Android to your PC with Android Debugging ENABLED and Mass Storage DISABLED so your device has access to your sdcard. I just put it in Charge Only mode...

2. Windows: Run either the zip's *.bat or the attached *.exe
    If running the exe, you can put a different ultimate jar power tools script version in the same folder and it will use that one otherwise it uses the embedded version!
    If you have cygwin installed, you can even use the zip's *.sh file at the cygwin prompt.
    Linux/Mac OSX: run the zip's *.sh file

Just be sure to read everything and answer Yes or No as is your preference.
    Example: The script allows you to choose the level of your Launcher's Super Strength! (BulletProof, Die-Hard, or Hard To Kill)

And if you don't know how to run exes or batch files or shell scripts... then MOVE ALONG... please... god please do move along...)

3. Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools will:
    - pull services.jar/services.odex
    - decompile services.jar/services.odex
    - run Ultimate Jar Power Tools and apply the patches that you pick
    - recompile services.jar with a new classes.dex (deodex roms)
    - re-odex services.jar and make a new services.odex (odexed roms)
    - install services.jar/services.odex to /system/framework and set permissions

4. Don't be stupid and READ what the hell is going on, OK?
    Goto Step 3 if you did Option A!

Otherwise... Option B below is the next preferred method - but there's manual work involved.

Option B) Follow the complete I SCream SUPERCHARGER!! Tutorial and use the attached -=Ultimate Jar Power Tools=- script to automate Step 5 - the actual smali editing!
    Just be sure to read everything and answer Yes or No as is your preference.
    Example: The script allows you to choose the level of your Launcher's Super Strength! (BulletProof, Die-Hard, or Hard To Kill)

Also be sure to have the necessary smali files in the same folder as the script!

ODEX ROMS - ALL Stock ROMS are ODEX (I think... :p) So if you have a services.odex file, press the button!
    All but Step 5 is automated on Windows with a batch script courtesy of rexstor .
    See [Guide][Batch][Odex Rom only!] To get another 50% v6 Supercharged script for ICS!
    So you'd run the batch script, and for the editing, run my Ultimate Jar Power Tools patcher script in Step 5 :cool:
    * If you ever have trouble applying permissions to services.jar, just run the ICS Service Centre (Option 29 in the SuperCharger script) and permissions gets applied everytime just before returning to the main menu!

3. SuperClean & ReStart! (ie. Wipe Dalvik Cache & Reboot)

How do I know if it worked?

Mod 1.
    Run the latest V6 SuperCharger script and it will tell you if your launcher is SuperCharged!

Mods 2 and 3. Install System Tuner and put the widget on the desktop.
    Make note of how many apps the widget shows running after running a whole bunch of apps.
    It would look like ##/##

So feel free to post before and after screen shots!

Another Test for Maximum Overdrive - Install aLogcat, before and after the mod, run as many apps as you can, run aLogcat and search for longer.

Example Before and After....

a2b98f2ac59fecccadbcd88d70a85db1388874b9a8a1a790670bbc2830457a9c6g.jpg
    969d796d520e2e152b3f6e821171c32282bccd51cae544128056678b8381a8616g.jpg

Notice how there is very little killing activity after the mod?
    But more importantly, notice that before the mod, app #16 gets killed. After the mod, app #71 gets killed.
    Because max hidden apps went from 15 to 70 :D
    Note that you will likely see a blank screen after the mod, that means you never hit the app limit so nothing got killed :cool:

Thanks to Elloco305 for the above screen caps :cool:

Change Logs:

Updated Dec 25, 2012: - Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools RC6
    Important!
    Patch only unmodded services.jars/odex this time!
    - Added - 100% Offline Mode on Windows! Windows batch/exe can patch services.jar sitting in the patch_this folder :cool: This option is only for deodex roms!
    - Easier
    - No longer need build.prop for offline patching of services.jar (since api level not needed on deodex roms after all :p)
    - Enhance - ODEX Support - If it fails at making a new ODEX in /system/framework, it then tries the sdcard method.
    - Tweaked - Code/Interface/Messages to user ALOT!

Updated Dec 25, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools RC9
    Important! Patch only unmodded files this time!
    - Improved - Multitasking Mod on 4.2+ ROMS. Max hidden apps got split up - 2/3 of the total goes to empty apps and 1/3 goto hidden apps - I reversed it (why have more empty apps than hidden apps?) so now you get 1/3 empty apps and 2/3 hidden apps.
    - Improved - Time Killer Killer - 4.2+ added max empty time - I bumped that up from 30 minutes to 24hrs (just like inactivity time)
    - Tweaked - Code ALOT! Syntax stuff but more importantly, more cohesive edits.
    - Removed - A few changes to ActivityManagerServcie.smali which, in the end, weren't needed.
    - Added - A few changes to ActivityManagerServcie.smali for a much smoother mod!
    - Enhanced - Interface a bit

Updated Dec 7, 2012: - Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools RC5
    - Added - Offline Mode! *.sh version (*nix PCs & Mac OSX) can be 100% offline - just put services.jar and build.prop in the new patch_this folder. This options is only for deodex roms!
    - Added - Quasi Offline Mode! Windows batch/exe can patch services.jar sitting in the patch_this folder but still needs to be hooked up to Android device for editing the smali files - so it's like 95% offline for now :pThis option is only for deodex roms!
    - Added
    - Better backup! If you're installing services.jar, it makes a backup on the sdcard so that V6 SuperCharger can find it... so you can unsupercharge or use the Jelly ISCream Parlor to restore the original :)
    - Added - Logging!
    - Added - Special effect on startup!
    - Tweaked - Code ALOT! Better odex support and geeky code stuff
    - Tweaked - Interface and message ALOT!
    - Learned - That if/else conditions in batch files are a ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS! <- see? it's purple!

Updated Dec 7, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools RC8
    - Tweaked - Code
    - Enhanced - Interface a bit

Updated Nov 28, 2012: - Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools RC4
    - Fixed!? - Compatibility with ODEX ROMS ( I really think this is it!) Now performs dexopt-wrapper (to create services.odex in /system instead of the sdcard

Updated Nov 28, 2012: - Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools RC3
    - Tweaked - Code - better Mac OSX support
    - Fixed - odex bug where dexopt-wrapper would fail if there already was a /sdcard/services.odex file
    - Changed - Endoding of the windows batch file... it may have been the problem... hopefully it's THE fix... :p

Updated Nov 28, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools RC7
    - Improved/Tweaked - Code. 100% GREAT for Jelly Bean 2 :D (hey, it has MORE limits... must hack more stuffz... but I did add one already...)
    - Added - Another tweak to JB 4.20... it has a new MAX_EMPTY_TIME value of 30 minutes... so added to the Time Killer Killer... so made MAX_EMPTY_TIME 24 hrs as well lol

Updated Nov 27, 2012: - Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools RC2
    - Tweaked - Interface ALOT!
    - Tweaked - Code ALOT!
    - Added - Choice to try and relaunch adb as root
    - Enhanced - Information/tips to user

Updated Nov 27, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools RC6
    - Improved/Tweaked - Code for more new devices.
    - Changed - Non-Sense Mod - No longer needs to edit TaskRecord.smali or ActivityStack.smali
    - Added - "Reference" Values to smali files so that in future builds, I can easily display what is the current max hidden apps /recent tasks values as they're sometime hard to detect.

Updated Nov 20, 2012: - Added ALL NEW Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools RC1
    - Features: - Fully automatic patching of DEODEX and ODEX ROMS, on Windows (exe or batch file), Linux or Mac OSX (sh script)! It will pull services.jar/services.odex, decompile, do the smali edits, recompile and install back to your device in just a couple of minutes.
    - Requirements: - For Android device: busybox, android debugging turned on. For Computer: Java installed (for baksmali/smali), device drivers

Updated Nov 20, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools RC5
    - Improved - Maximum Overdrive code for SIII (had additional parameters ie. INIT_HIDDEN_APPS, MAX_HIDDEN_APPS_FOR_LOWMEM blah blah...) I also bypass some silly overrided (updateHiddenAppNum)
    - Tweaked - Some code
    - Enhanced - Information/tips
    - Detects - If it's run solo (on the phone) or via Ultimatic script/batch file/exe (initiated from PC via adb) so it gives the relevant output/information.

Updated Oct 29, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools RC4
    - Fixed - Bug in the ProActive Booster (Pre-ICS ROMS)
    - Tweaked - Some code

Updated Oct 29, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools RC3
    - Improved - Compatibility for some weird ass Sense ROM... Trickdroid 4.0 something something :p
    - Improved - OS version/root check some more.

Updated Oct 27, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools RC2
    - Added - "Minimum Hidden Protection" - keeps 15 hidden apps (doing background tasks) in memory before empty apps (least important) can push any of them out. Default is only 2!
    - Added - "Service Preserver" - (Post-ICS ROMS) This prevents service apps (ie. recently ran apps) from being becoming a "worstType" and therefore, less likely to be killed.
    - Added - "ProActive Booster" - (Pre-ICS ROMS) This changes the processes limit from 2 to 50 and activities limit from 20 to 70.
    - Improved - OS version check - uses distinct strings in ActivityManagerService.smali to determine ROM version. Makes it possible to run the script on a PC!
    - Improved - Compatibility for more smali file variations including, stock SGS3 ROMS. Samsung put in an updateHiddenAppNum parameter that overrides maximum hidden apps - until now lol

Updated Oct 12, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools RC1
    - Fixed - Another bug - Mod 3 was fubarred if Mod 2 wasn't used :eek:

Updated Oct 12, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools Test 16
    - Fixed - Bug in code which spat out a sed unknown command error in some instances.

Updated Oct 11, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools Test 15
    - Improved - Compatibility for more smali file variations - Yesterday's was a FAIL

Updated Oct 10, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools Test 14
    - Improved - Compatibility for more smali file variations
    - Improved - OS version check - uses the api level found in build.prop

Updated Oct 8, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools Test 13
    - Fixed - A bug in an if/else condition
    - Added - A reference to this new thread :)

Updated Oct 1, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools Test 12
    - Added - "Non-Sense App Limit" for Sense 4+ ROMS!
    - Tweaked - Some more code for compatibility

Updated Sept 12, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools - Jelly ISCream + Maximum MultiTasking Mods Test 11
    - New - Name since I've put all the services.jar mods in one script.
    - Optional - SuperCharging services.jar optional in case you only want the MultiTasking Mods.
    - Tweaked - Maximum Overdrive code to support different ProcessList.smali files
    - Added - Lots of comments and info on top

Updated Sept 7, 2012: - Jelly ISCream + Maximum Overdrive + Time Killer Killer Smali Patcher Test 10
    - Added -=Maximum Overdrive=- MultiTask like crazy without the 15 hidden app limit... raised it to 50 hidden apps!!! You Still control how much free ram you have... actually this gives you MORE CONTROL!
    - Added - Support for ALL ROMS! (Maximum Overdrive and Time Killer Killer)

Updated Aug 27, 2012: - Jelly IScream + Time Killer Killer Smali Patcher Test_9
    - Added - Ultimate Multitasking Mod - Experimental - Android kills an app after 30 minutes of inactivity no matter how much free ram you have. This tries to disable it (increases limit to 24 hrs and disables the command to change it's adj/priority)
    - If it works, I should be able to do Gingerbread, Froyo, etc as well!
    - Thanks to pepcisko for assistance and giving ideas :D

Updated Aug 23, 2012: - Jelly Scream Smali Patcher Test 8
    - Tweaked - Code... should work without issue for ALL services.jars... there was a problem where some services.jars had no debug info which threw off the search for line numbers since those files have fewer lines.

Updated Aug 18, 2012: - Jelly Scream Smali Patcher Test 2
    - Added - Option to pick launcher strength!!!
    - Tweaked - Will not give an error if you have a space in folder names
    - Tweaked - Info to user (ie. Specifies that this is STEP 5 in Post #2)

Updated Aug 15, 2012: - Jelly Scream Smali Patcher Test 1
    - First Test - No more manually editing smali files!
    - Run just like my other Scripts!
    - Put ProcessList.smali AND ActivityManagerService.smali in the same folder as the script!
    Attachments are NOT PDFs!

How To Save Attached Files

- Right click with your browser & select "save as" from menu, or use the QR Code or XDA app or Tapatalk
    - Also a great method - use Opera Mini web browser. Very easy to download and it's FAST!

So... if you get an error like "line xxx: syntax error: unexpected end of file (expecting "blah blah")", it's an INCOMPLETE DOWNLOAD!
    Download it again and DO IT RIGHT. :p

Don't Mirror Or RePackage My Files - Just link here

If you're going to download something...
    Please HIT THANKS and Give a 5 Star Rating!
    Here's a little more info about...

-=Maximum Overdrive=- The Multitasking Mod for ALL ROMS!!

Maximum Overdrive Origin: Read Post 1 and Post 2.

I managed to do it surprisingly fast... couple of hours?
    dorimanx asked me if I could help implement is mod to set HIDDEN_APP_MIN_ADJ to 20.
    This is value is "out of bounds" and breaks the lowmemorykiller so nothing ever gets killed.

Upside: You can run more apps if you have enough RAM.
    Downside: You eventually run out of RAM so you need external Task Killer... otherwise the device grinds down to a halt when it gets overloaded with running apps :p

My initial thought on this, when dori first posted in the SuperCharger thread so many months ago, was... wtf? Thought it was the craziest thing and we actually argued... LOUDLY... LOL
    Eventually I saw how it could benefit some users but still wasn't my cup of tea :p

Anyway, now we're friends so it's ALL GOOD :cool:

So he PMed me about putting it in ICS.
    I quickly found the edit that dorimanx should try. It worked.
    But I found something else that I could change... the maximum number of hidden apps.
    I managed to find the various edits pretty quick.
    dori tried them... and it worked!

CHECK THIS first confirmation of success!

And -=Maximum Overdrive=- was born! :cool:

Upside: You can run up to 70 apps if you have enough RAM. (Default is 15 apps lol)
    Downside: NONE

Now it looks like CyanogenMod is following my lead... https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/9a8117c4f887c8b0df9cadb5d9aa7689a878752a
    am: Allow more hidden apps on devices with lots of RAM

* If more than 1.5GB is present, allow up to 40 hidden apps. * Number is somewhat arbitrary, but was found to work well on D2. * Also look at the sys.mem.max_hidden_apps value if given.
    Uh yeah... you get a 40 app limit only if you have 1.5GB of RAM - otherwise, you're STILL stuck at 15 hidden apps... :p

I had already seen the "sys.mem.max_hidden_apps" code in ProcessList.smali before UJPT RC1 was released - so that's already been bypassed to 70 no matter what.
    I just didn't know where that setting came from lol

Of course, "sys.mem.max_hidden_apps" was introduced after my mucking around :cool:

So... why is Android limited to only 15 hidden apps by default?

Well... its an arbitrary number... and was decided upon more than 2 years ago when the Nexus One was the top device!
    See Froyo Activity Manager and MAX_HIDDEN_APPS at Google Groups ;)
    Q. When the MAX_HIDDEN_APPS is set to the default value (15), we can see that many applications that have services running in them are killed and them immediately scheduled to be re-started. Is this the desired behavior, since we know that AM will turn right around and restart these applications? Since this is proactive killing by AM, would it be better if AM took into account running services when it decided who to kill?

Or are we missing something, and these apps with running services should be created differently, maybe as persistent, to prevent this from happening?

Also, where did the choice of 15 for MAX_HIDDEN_APPS come from?
    A. Yes this is the desired behavior. If the device had less memory available, it would have been killing those processes anyway. This change is just for devices with fairly extreme amounts of memory (such as the nexus one), to avoid keeping around more processes than it makes any sense to.

Note that this does take into account running services -- the max count is for actual background processes. There could be some confusion though because after a service has been running continuously for a while we sneakily drop it down into the background OOM class from the service OOM class, to ensure that it will be eventually be killed and restarted. This is to avoid issues with services with memory leaks or other long-running problems.

That said, the actual number we picked is fairly arbitrary. :)

Dianne Hackborn
    Android framework engineer
    So... a 15 app limit may have been fine 2+ years ago... but not anymore.
    Android devices are getting more powerful every day and yet, old limits are still in place!

Ahhh, the Nexus 6 is just about to roll out. Google is giving away all his remaining Nexus 5 phones by updating (very generously) their replacement policy. They get rid of stockpiles of N5s and make their customers happy in one shot.
    It is rumored that the new N6s and N9s will run Android L out of the box, and Google even released a developer preview, dedicated to... well, us: the enthusiasts, the programmers, the developers, the ones that don't settle for mediocrity, the ones that won't ever accept "this is the standard, take it and shut up", the ones that "why should I stay with this, when I can modify it and get it to perform better and in new ways?".
    As sad as this may be, though, our loved Supercharger still didn't get an update for our KitKat builds; zeppelinrox is apparently MIA, and we are still waiting for His Return. While we were waiting, though, some people found a way to 100% supercharge android kitkat builds. This is the heart warming story of how they made it...

But first, a friendly reminder:
    If you're updating your rom, be sure to have a backup.
    Why, you ask? Well, first because you always have to make a backup before you change something, you fool.
    "Thou shalt not update without backing up first".
    Second, If something in the new updated ROM is different from the old one (with this "something" being probably services.jar), you can't just use the old patched services.jar from your old build. You'll get stuck at boot. If this happens, you have to re-do the entire patching process using the new ROM's services.jar.
    I just updated to a new nightly and couldn't get past boot logo, because I used my old patched services.jar from the old build.
    So, if you find yourself in this mess, the solution is to do the entire process again.

Here is the entire KITKAT patching process, for the joy of all of you lazy people out there who like being spoon fed and cba to search (well, I don't blame you, it was kinda boring):

[GROCERY LIST]:

1: Assuming you already have notepad++ (you don't? Go get it), get the compiler and decompiler and all that stuff here, extract everything in a folder, we will call this folder "stuff".

2: Get the updated smali and baksmali here (new link as of 26 march 2016); the files that you are looking for are [[[ OLD baksmali-2.0.3.jar and smali-2.0.3.jar (as of 5 august 2014) /OLD ]]] baksmali-2.1.1.jar and smali-2.1.1.jar (as of 26 march 2016). Move these 2 files inside "stuff" and rename them as baksmali.jar and smali.jar. Yes, replace the old ones with these two.

3: Get the ROM's new services.jar. It can be found in /system/framework. Save it in the "stuff" folder.

[/GROCERY LIST]

4: Edit the 1.bat file. Change android.policy.jar to services.jar. It must look like this: "java -jar baksmali.jar -x services.jar -o classout" (from this "java -jar baksmali.jar -x android.policy.jar -o classout").

5: Run that and it will create a new folder inside "stuff", called "classout". Go to classout\com\android\server\am and open ActivityManagerService.smali with notepad++ or equivalent editor. Change the values like gu5t3r indicates here.
    It's easy to find these values.
    Just copy the string above them and ctrl-f it. You will find it without too much hassle. Change the old value (should be the same as the red one) with the new green value. SAVE THE EDITS (CTRL-S).

7: Do the same with ProcessList.smali. Red values to green ones. SAVE THE EDITS! This is considerably more enjoyable (because it's SHORTER, hence FASTER).

8: PHEW! You're almost done, you just did the worst part. Now (did you save the edits?) get back to the root of "stuff" and execute 2.bat. A wild "classes.dex" file appears! Go, Pikachu, open services.jar with an archive viewer and replace the classes.dex file inside the archive with the new, patched one we just recompiled!

9: It's super effective! Now you have a fresh new services.jar ready to be thrown back at your android system. Copy it in the root of your sdcard, then run these commands,

EITHER from the terminal emulator:

Code:
    busybox sync
    reboot

OR if you cba to type these on your smartphone, copypaste them (and execute them in order, one by one) via windows command prompt (be sure to have usb debugging on) by running:

Code:
    adb shell "command"

where " "command" " is the command that you would run in Terminal Emulator, like this:

Code:
    adb shell busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
    or this:

Code:
    adb shell busybox cp /sdcard/services.jar /system/framework/services.jar

10: You are now aware that there was no number 6. Go on, check it. Mind blowing, isn't it? Yeah, I know, incredible. Makes you wonder about reality itself. Who knows how many hidden things you didn't notice in your life. Who knows how many things you won't notice in the future?

11: ???

12: Profit
    Fully Ultimatic Update!

Ultimatic OP Update!

Ultimatic_Jar_Patcher_Tools_RC1_ALL_DEX_Windows.exe.zip

Ultimatic_Jar_Patcher_Tools_RC1_ALL_DEX_ALL_OSes_NO_FLASH.zip

ALL_ROMS_Ultimate_Jar_Power_Tools-Smali_Patcher_Test_RC5.sh

w00t!

Windows exe is NOT zipped. Just remove the .zip extension!

Just reposting instructions with change log... too tired to update OP properly... meh...

I have already added the change log for UJPT RC5 tho :)

Changes since beta 4...

- fixed - hang on the "adb root" command that some users had
    - fixed - 7zip problem (lacking .dll) by getting rid of it lol. Now using Info-Zip's zip/unzip binaries for the windows batch file
    - added - lots of tips/troubleshooting info (java path missing etc.)
    - added - check if busybox is installed
    - tweaked - lots of code/script output (more odex specific code and messages/it now backs up classes.dex)
    - added - adb binaries for Linux and Mac OSX (using the *sh version)
    - improved - Mac OSX support
    - applied - console/window size :p
    - added - At the end, a tip on how to immediately run V6 SuperCharger via adb
    - updated - Ultimate Jar Power Tools to RC5 (check change log in OP)

So... let's see...

Any Rooted Android device running Froyo or greater... don't matter
    Windows or Linux or Mac OSX... don't matter
    Deodex or Odex... don't matter!

Ok I think I got it covered :D

========================================

Here's the rundown again... too busy to revamp OPs and guides at the moment :p

What's it do?... EVERYTHING!

Download to your PC and extract to a folder.

Includes:

Automation tools: ultimatic_jar_patcher_adb.bat (Windows) and ultimatic_jar_patcher_adb.sh (Linux/Mac OSX)
    Ultimate Jar Power Tools RC5
    latest smali/baksmali v1.4.0
    adb (Windows/Linux/Mac OSX)
    zip/unzip binaries by Info-ZIP (Windows)
    dexopt-wrapper (used for ODEX roms)

How to run it:

1. Connect your Android to your PC with Android Debugging ENABLED and Mass Storage DISABLED so your device has access to your sdcard. I just put it in Charge Only mode...

2. Windows: Run either the *.bat or *.exe (If running the exe, you can put a different ultimate jar script version in the same folder and it will use that one otherwise it uses the embedded version!)
    Linux/Mac OSX: run the *.sh file

If you don't know how to run exes or batch files or shell scripts... then MOVE ALONG... geezus...)

3. It will:
    - recompile services.jar with a new classes.dex (deodex roms)
    - re-odex services.jar and make a new services.odex (odexed roms)
    - install services.jar/services.odex to /system/framework and set permissions

Hit THANKSbecause... It's FULLY ULTIMATIC! :cool:
    EPIC OP Update!

full_service_adb_ujpt_winux-beta4_NO_FLASH.zip

Again...Better than ever!

- added - 100% ODEX Support!
    - fixed - linux bug... didnt work lol (patched smali files but didn't copy to the classout folder :eek:)
    - installs - zip utility on linux if not found via apt-get/yum install (well, it's worth a try, no?)
    - opens - Java test page if java isn't installed
    - tweaked - code/script output
    - organized - files a bit better... supercharged jar/odex/smali files go into a supercharged folder
    - updated - Ultimate Jar Power Tools to RC4.1 (just tweaked output a bit dependent on how it's run)

So... let's see...

Any Rooted Android device running Froyo or greater... don't matter
    Windows or Linux... don't matter
    Deodex or Odex... don't matter!

Ok I think I got it covered :D

========================================

Here's the rundown again... too busy to revamp OPs and guides at the moment :p

What's it do?... EVERYTHING!

Download to your PC and extract to a folder.

Includes:

Automation tools: full_service_adb_ujpt.bat (win) and full_service_adb_ujpt.sh (nix)
    Ultimate Jar Power Tools RC4.1
    latest smali/baksmali v1.4.0
    adb
    dexopt-wrapper (used for odex roms)
    7zip command line utility (windows)

How to run it:

1. Connect your Android to your PC with Mass Storage DISABLED so your device has access to your sdcard. I just put it in Charge Only mode...

2. Run either the .bat or .sh file (if you don't know how to do either of these... MOVE ALONG... geezus...)

3. It will:
    - recompile services.jar with a new classes.dex
    - re-odex services.jar and make a new services.odex (if odexed rom)
    - install services.jar/services.odex

Hit THANKS... just because... It's EPIC! :cool: