[Q] power softkey

Search This thread

thanwachai

Jul 19, 2010
Bangkok
I'm on rooted xperia z1
I have 5 button softkey already with xposed framework but I want to have power button softkey how can I do that? please help

xXFlippyXx

May 17, 2012
Not sure I have seen that mod anywhere
It is possible to remap a different hardware button for that, for example I use volume up as my power button

With a soft key it would also be impossible to power on the phone...

does xposed go down to hardwarelevel?

sure you can remapp your power button while android is turned on, due to the layers between hardware and UI. but as soon as it's powered off your power on button should work the normal way.

i don't really know, but im curious

jcsy

Jan 9, 2009
Land of the Z1/EVO3D/GTAB10.1(2)
Anyone able to use xposed, or any way to remap say.... Camera or volume buttons to wake device

-----------------------------------------------------
Tapatalked from Sony Xperia Z1
Stock JB 4.4.4 | Root | Deodex | Cam Mods

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Anyone able to use xposed, or any way to remap say.... Camera or volume buttons to wake device

Yes

Look for xposed additions module to remap keys

I use my volume up button for the power button all the time, the only thing it wont do is turn it on, it will wake, send to sleep and long press brings up the reboot menu

Hüttenkäse

Sep 3, 2014
I use my volume up button for the power button all the time, the only thing it wont do is turn it on, it will wake, send to sleep and long press brings up the reboot menu
Why did you have to do that? Is your power button dying?

Kinda worried now... does this happen a lot on the Z1? The phone can't be that old, it's been out for 12 months!? :confused:

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator

Kinda worried now... does this happen a lot on the Z1? The phone can't be that old, it's been out for 12 months!? :confused:

firstly I did because I could. I like playing around and changing stuff

But also when I hold my phone my thumb naturally goes to that spot, so I thought why not change the button..

Reactions: jcsy

Hüttenkäse

Sep 3, 2014
But also when I hold my phone my thumb naturally goes to that spot, so I thought why not change the button..
Ah ok. Very true. The power button's position is a bit awkward in that respect. Bit difficult to press when using just one hand, either left or right.

I guess Sony assumed everyone would use such a big phone with two hands at all times.

jcsy

Jan 9, 2009
Yes

Look for xposed additions module to remap keys

What's the mod called

jcsy

Jan 9, 2009
OK got it. Sorry I though u meant Additions as the xposed frame work addition to stock ROM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

firstly I did because I could. I like playing around and changing stuff

xposed additions module... Like I said in the post you quoted

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app