FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.4+] Greenify v3.6.2 Final (Updated on Aug. 25)

1,355 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,918

By oasisfeng, Senior Member on 19th February 2013, 01:54 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
9th September 2014, 11:24 AM |#9371  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Question
Strange thing. Viber and WhatsApp don't hibernate automatically. Stuck as "Pending". No warnings, just pending. Manual hibernation passes ok.
Greenify 2.4, GCM push gate is on.
Other apps (e.g. PushBullet) behave normally: sleep, get pushes.
What am I doing wrong?

9th September 2014, 01:28 PM |#9372  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
With the new version of WhatApp it seems that when I enable GCM push wake and keep notifications that the notification gets posted twice. It gets posted initially as per regular, then the app is launched via notification, it clears, then while IN APP it is posted again.

Very strage behaviour, has anyone else seen this?
The Following User Says Thank You to juggies For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift juggies Ad-Free
9th September 2014, 02:45 PM |#9373  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Does greenify v2.4.1 final (in google play) or v2.4.1 beta 5 fixed proplem with Google Play services are woken by Greenify? Sorry for my bad English
9th September 2014, 03:09 PM |#9374  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasisfeng

What do you mean by "stopping greenify"? Can you capture a logcat when any of your apps got forced close?

Got to App manager and force to stop running Greenify.
But I was able to fix my problem. I deleted those Apps from Greenify list, rebooted phone and added them again.
9th September 2014, 03:16 PM |#9375  
Flag Navi Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,522

More
The latest stable version from playstore doesnt open on my device. When I try to open the app, a black screen appears for a while and I get redirected to the home screen seconds later. For the time being can someone please share the previous stable version from playstore? V2.4 most likely.
9th September 2014, 03:23 PM |#9376  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgsy

it is already cleared. the home swipe up gesture is still there with the Greenify Automator popping up.

I do not have the donation version. plus, this should not be a donation feature in my opinion.

If it's the only option there, a new option "Nothing" which just do nothing will be added in the next version. Then you can choose it if you don't want this pop-up.
The Following User Says Thank You to oasisfeng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oasisfeng Ad-Free
9th September 2014, 03:29 PM |#9377  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbertshere

I'm the same about swiping away recent apps (i even got an app that automatically does it for me).

I know that if it's running in the bg it is quicker to load, but I also thought that it uses battery. It does use RAM too, which I'm not worried about.

If an app consumes battery in bg, then it is most probably by its service part, not the UI part. Unfortunately, swiping away an app from recent tasks just stops its UI part, not the service part.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oasisfeng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oasisfeng Ad-Free
9th September 2014, 03:34 PM |#9378  
Flag Selangor
Thanks Meter: 801

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj_droid

The latest stable version from playstore doesnt open on my device. When I try to open the app, a black screen appears for a while and I get redirected to the home screen seconds later. For the time being can someone please share the previous stable version from playstore? V2.4 most likely.

All credits to oasisfeng for creating Greenify. So, here's the latest stable apk taken directly from my /system/priv-app (I flashed greenify as a system app) in the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.oasisfeng.greenify-1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.26 MB, 3310 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to TechnoSparks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TechnoSparks Ad-Free
9th September 2014, 03:34 PM |#9379  
OP Senior Member

More
Sorry guys, since Greenify is now moved to its new home in XDA - a dedicated sub-forum in "XDA Community Apps" on XDA, I need to close this lengthy thread for better communication with you all, in separate new threads.

Please post your questions, suggestions, and any other feedback with new thread in this sub-forum. If any of the on-going communication is interrupted by this, please post a new one. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your support.
The Following 121 Users Say Thank You to oasisfeng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oasisfeng Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread