FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Sprint /Verizon/USCC S3/S4/S5 Note 2/Note 3 to Page Plus / Selectel Flashing Real 3G

1,846 posts
Thanks Meter: 906

By Viper32, Senior Member on 8th May 2013, 11:44 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
9th September 2014, 03:25 AM |#5011  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does anyone have any experience with the Cricket s4 R970C running 4.4.2? I've got it flashed to pageplus with talk/text/1xdata, but when I put a verizon sim ( new or used I've tried both) I get either an error saying can't find sim or I lose the network altogether. Has anyone gotten this phone on 3g running kitkat?

9th September 2014, 04:50 PM |#5012  
OP Senior Member
Flag SC (But Bleed Crimson Red)

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaxsjb

Does anyone have any experience with the Cricket s4 R970C running 4.4.2? I've got it flashed to pageplus with talk/text/1xdata, but when I put a verizon sim ( new or used I've tried both) I get either an error saying can't find sim or I lose the network altogether. Has anyone gotten this phone on 3g running kitkat?

Yes I flashed one about 2 weeks ago nothing special, I did it remotely so they may have had a cricket sim in it do not know. All worked 3G and all.....

Viper
9th September 2014, 06:33 PM |#5013  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
4G LTE sims from Page Plus coming in Oct 2014!!!!!!!
9th September 2014, 06:35 PM |#5014  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
It's official! We're very excited to announce that the much-anticipated 4G LTE network is coming to Page Plus Cellular in October!

We just wanted to officially let you know this exciting news that has been rumored for quite some time.

We don't have all the specific details just yet to share with you, but as new information becomes available we'll let you know via additional emails and training materials.

Please don't call the dealer relations team with questions about 4G LTE, as the internal training materials are still being developed, and our CSRs will not have the answers to your questions.

Stay tuned to your email and the dealer portal for more details as they become available.

We can share this with you now:
With the exception of The 12 plan, all other monthly plans will be available for 4G devices, at 4G LTE data speeds, with no increase in the monthly plan prices. 3G service will also still be available for all plans. Upon device activation, our system will detect the device type and assign it to 3G or 4G service accordingly.
4G LTE SIM cards will be Page Plus specific. They will be available through your Master Agent in October.
Again, additional details will be announced soon - we just wanted to share the good news with you, our valued dealers, first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.png
Views:	90
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	2930831  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viper32 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Viper32 Ad-Free
9th September 2014, 07:37 PM |#5015  

More
Few questions with the 4g stuff... I'm sure not either are answerable yet.

Does the device need to be a Verizon device to work with the sim card?
Will a flashed device need to be un-flashed or re-flashed?
9th September 2014, 07:48 PM |#5016  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuemusic

Few questions with the 4g stuff... I'm sure not either are answerable yet.

Does the device need to be a Verizon device to work with the sim card?
Will a flashed device need to be un-flashed or re-flashed?

Verizon phones only for 4G.....

Depends on the phone, most Verizon phones a factory reset will do the trick, but that depends on how it was flashed to start with.

Or if preferred flashed back so you will not have to be reset.....

Viper
9th September 2014, 08:31 PM |#5017  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper32

Yes I flashed one about 2 weeks ago nothing special, I did it remotely so they may have had a cricket sim in it do not know. All worked 3G and all.....

Viper

Well I was hoping there was a way to do it without having to get a cricket sim, (they are getting kind of expensive!) I don't even know where I would get a used one if that was what I needed.
I've flashed a few of these r970c's but this is the first one running kitkat.
10th September 2014, 01:33 PM |#5018  
Flag Dust Bowl
Thanks Meter: 43

More
The game just changed...
10th September 2014, 02:56 PM |#5019  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmonleo

The game just changed...

Nah it has not changed, Still allot of people will buy and flash over Sprint etc. devices.

Viper
10th September 2014, 02:59 PM |#5020  
Flag Dust Bowl
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper32

Nah it has not changed, Still allot of people will buy and flash over Sprint etc. devices.

Viper

Will the flashed devices be able to reach reach 4G speeds?
10th September 2014, 03:21 PM |#5021  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmonleo

Will the flashed devices be able to reach reach 4G speeds?

Nope.

So apparently there's no rush if you want to register a "new" 4G device on a "non-qualifying" plan as they're still going to allow flashed devices (at least what's permitted in the system).
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread