Post Reply Email Thread
28th January 2014, 05:33 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudar1488

Thanks @soumoks for the suggestion
I've added it on the ToDo list on GitHub

Will have to think of a way to include this in the app's UI...

Thanks, waitin' for this feature too.

28th January 2014, 07:34 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soumoks

Thank you for this amazing app, it's well designed and offers good functionality.
A feature request : I usually put my phone into airplane plane mode at night, is there anyway this process can be automated such that it switches to airplane mode at a particular time?
Thanks again for the app

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

You can probably use software e.g. an app like Tasker. I agree that a nice feature request is a "start time" and "end time" though, as you could also set it up for times more than an hour and recurring times. Like Cyanogenmod's silent hours. Maybe there's a code libraby/ template for stuff like this?
9th September 2014, 08:39 AM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
@op what about compatibility with older version of android? I've got my FP but also an older phone, that I'm using sometime, with android 2.3.... any chance to have this app on 2.3.x as well?
11th September 2014, 01:08 AM |#44  
OP Member
Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dede525

@op what about compatibility with older version of android? I've got my FP but also an older phone, that I'm using sometime, with android 2.3.... any chance to have this app on 2.3.x as well?

Sorry, but no plans for 2.3 compatibility

PeaceOfMind+ started as a fork of Fairphone's PeaceOfMind, which was intended to run only on the fairphone: screen resolution, android version, system app, etc.
So working with that code I tried to make it compatible with other devices. The original app was for Android 4.1 (API 16), so I added support for 4.0+ (API 14). Initially I thought it would only need some UI changes, but I had to handle non-rooted phones and fix too many bugs. And the code quality was not that great.

So to me it's difficult to justify the amount of changes (and time!) required to add support for 2.3, especially for what was supposed to be a simple Fork.
The Following User Says Thank You to mudar1771 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mudar1771 Ad-Free
11th September 2014, 07:36 PM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Hi Mudar, didn't you plan to release it/ have it released on free software appstore f-droid also? That would be really nice still!
Regards
4th February 2018, 05:19 PM |#46  
OP Member
Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Update, version 2.1.0
Hi all,

More than 3 years later, I have updated the app to support native Do not disturb mode, along with Material design and other fun stuff.

Changelog and screenshots in the first post, or on Github. App is also available on Google Play.
6th August 2018, 08:22 PM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hidden Airplane Mode?
Hi!

I've found this app yesterday on F-Droid and installed it right away (V2.1.1) as I know the original software already from my FP1. So now, on my FP2, it looks good and works, BUT: There isn't any Airplane Mode available.
Fairphone Open 18.04.1 (Android 6.0.1) is running and "root access" is generally enabled for apps in the Developer settings. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the app again. No change.

Is there any tweak to enable the Airplane Mode support? Could another app disturb the detection of root access (I have XPrivacy and GravityBox running as system-near apps)?

Thanks for any hints.
Phant
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)