Unlock all bands of your Qualcomm device! Use your phone globally! No bs!

Search This thread

Tachi91

Oct 15, 2008
Subartic - Americana
Does having a custom rom and kernel have anything to with whether or not this works?

I have a T-Mobile m8 (s-off etc) and after step 7 nothing happens. My PC (W8.1 x64) just sees the phone as a regular M8 and ADB device. I've tried uninstalling the adb drivers, restarting the device, restarting the PC. Redoing the setprop command on a new console/shell and nothing.

BlackSoulxxx

Feb 19, 2014
Wow, works overload :pPLs send me more hardware ids so I can mod them....
BTW here is the driver for g906s (S5 lte-a) http://d-h.st/Yqi Tks @D.O.C for the hardware ids
http://d-h.st/nMV i9505
http://d-h.st/On8 OnePlusOne ( lucky guys, I always want this stuff :p)
http://d-h.st/2zZ Nexus 5 (D821)
I will make driver for other devices and update here.....
For anyone use HTC, use the official htcdiagdriver. Simply.....
P/S: The driver are untested, use with careful...
And the titile are a little bit misleading (I say this method is for sony and a few device, depend on the phone, @olokos put the title "for all Qualcomm devices" :p

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

Step to unlock LTE band 19.21 in Z2 D6503, SO-03F (Yeah it have band 19,21 but need int' band)
Install QXDM http://www.mediafire.com/download/r1z2r6iu94habrp/QXDM-3.12.714-www.getdriver.com-.rar
Do the guide and unlock all, include "[60] Reserved for BC10...."
Write NV to phone
Do to step 33 then stop
Open QXDM, go to Option -> Communication
In Target port, choose your phone com port and press OK
Now in View -> NV Browser
QXDM will open new window, in Category Filter choose LTE
Scroll to id 06828 and click on that, click read then in Input and Value change the value to "1904863" (The value of int' Z2 with LTE band 19,21 add)
Click "write" and do the step 34 on the guide till the end
Reboot the phone, and check 7378423 to see the band
Works on Z1, Z2

Last edited:

BlackSoulxxx

Feb 19, 2014
Someone just leak another version of QPST and QXDM which fully support new snapdragon chip.... I will try them out :) (Better beware of virus, like 422 build...)

erick_shadow

Jul 4, 2010
Mexico
Looks like it hates the Xperia Z c6603. (which mine is a HK LTE version sadly...) Would it be related to a drivers issue or perhaps there's an extra step that needs to be done on the c6603? o_O

EDIT: Could it be possible that the firmware version can play a role as well? I'm running 4.4.4 on my XPZ though perhaps it can work with 4.4.2?

try in C6603 and 02, while in 4.4.2

if anyone does have it working on Xperia Z

bsined

Mar 22, 2013
Washington, DC
Tried this with my Xperia TL (LT30at). The process works without any errors. I can write the new NV_RF_BC_CONFIG but it seems that the phone resets the values after reboot. I was hoping to be able to roam on T-Mo's 1700 LTE because at&t signal is horrible in my apartment.

erick_shadow

Jul 4, 2010
Mexico

10690039_352719848220474_7317004985504080497_n.jpg

that if you catch it. could edit with the bands to unlock?

Last edited:

St33l

Jan 25, 2007
Scroll to id 06828 and click on that, click read then in Input and Value change the value to "1904863" (The value of int' Z2 with LTE band 19,21 add)
Works on Z1, Z2

Who tried it on none Sony? I need to unlock European LTE 2600 on T-MO Moto X, but instruction in first post didn't help me. Maybe someone with ATT Moto X could extract value from this I'd?

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
the thread you posted is for moto x, not s4

edit: found the app, there it says: "You'd still be able to use the European SIM all over the world"
doesnt that mean that i can still use my european sim, when going to the US, or will my phone refuse to connect to the local network?
It lifts the region lock on newer samsung devices. You should be able to connect to the local network.
Looks like it hates the Xperia Z c6603. (which mine is a HK LTE version sadly...) Would it be related to a drivers issue or perhaps there's an extra step that needs to be done on the c6603? o_O

EDIT: Could it be possible that the firmware version can play a role as well? I'm running 4.4.4 on my XPZ though perhaps it can work with 4.4.2?
What's exactly your issue?
Does having a custom rom and kernel have anything to with whether or not this works?

I have a T-Mobile m8 (s-off etc) and after step 7 nothing happens. My PC (W8.1 x64) just sees the phone as a regular M8 and ADB device. I've tried uninstalling the adb drivers, restarting the device, restarting the PC. Redoing the setprop command on a new console/shell and nothing.
Try this info sb posted
BTW here is the driver for g906s (S5 lte-a) http://d-h.st/Yqi Tks @D.O.C for the hardware ids
And the titile are a little bit misleading (I say this method is for sony and a few device, depend on the phone, @olokos put the title "for all Qualcomm devices" :p

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

Step to unlock LTE band 19.21 in Z2 D6503, SO-03F (Yeah it have band 19,21 but need int' band)
Install QXDM http://www.mediafire.com/download/r1z2r6iu94habrp/QXDM-3.12.714-www.getdriver.com-.rar
Write NV to phone
Do to step 33 then stop
Works on Z1, Z2

You've said that it would work on any Qualcomm device. :p
I still want you to answer whether all you're doing is getting the driver to install, because if that's all that you do then there's a way to install the driver regardless of hardware ID.

-Nx-

Jan 11, 2013
Omg !! I will test it and report you !

After installing your driver for the Oneplus one, I got a problem : the phone is not recognized under QPST configuration. I have set COM3 as identical as it appeared in devices manager. In the tab named ports there is no phone displayed. That is why I cannot read the phone on step #21.

Also when the phone is plugged in USB debbuging mode there is many connections and reconnections (similar sound when we plug a USB device on windows).

dlhxr

May 26, 2011
New York City
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
After installing your driver for the Oneplus one, I got a problem : the phone is not recognized under QPST configuration. I have set COM3 as identical as it appeared in devices manager. In the tab named ports there is no phone displayed. That is why I cannot read the phone on step #21.

Also when the phone is plugged in USB debbuging mode there is many connections and reconnections (similar sound when we plug a USB device on windows).

I am using oneplus, too.

But everytime when I finish the setprop persist.usb.eng 1 process and replug in the phone, nothing happens.

No alert that I should intall a driver.

I tested color os, cm11s, miui. and all are the same.

What's wrong?

sigma9988

Feb 18, 2011
Taipei,Taiwan
Redmi Note 8 Pro
About Z, that's is weird . my Z (asian version, no LTE) can unlock it but my friend's Z c6603 cant. I guess it depend on the phone................
Sorry guys but I think Z is not support as this time (except Z asian variant) :(

Hi
Can i test this on my C6602 (Taiwan version,) ?

If yes, will i get LTE 1800 band?

X64
USB\VID_0FCE&PID_0193&REV_0228
USB\VID_0FCE&PID_0193
(i can't see MI_0x, but i use custom ROM)

Last edited:

zaclimon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
Hi
Can i test this on my C6602 (Taiwan version,) ?

If yes, will i get LTE 1800 band?

X64
USB\VID_0FCE&PID_0193&REV_0228
USB\VID_0FCE&PID_0193
(i can't see MI_0x, but i use custom ROM)
C6602 physically don't support any LTE bands so I doubt personally that you'll get LTE 1800 working on it unless I missed something somewhere.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 AM ----------

@olokos it is the same one as the one that @erick_shadow which is when we open the NV manager, we can't read the stuff from the phone (it makes an exception thrown error which you can see the example on page 4)

While blacksoul got it working on his c6602, he can't got it working on c6603. Perhaps I could send it a kernel or baseband so he can check that out.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

BlackSoulxxx

Feb 19, 2014
Here is the result of my LTE band unlock with Z2 SO-03F (Tks oropher for that)
http://i.imgur.com/8Kj9be4.png

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

I also have your problems but it's very long times ago, when I start to research this from Qualcomm documents and it dissapeared. Can you install driver? Does your phone have weird behavior when QPST is not turn on? Restart PC and phone? And can you put the phone into debug mode (I think....) by *#*#8778#*#*, turn on usb debug and set to mtp mode, plug into pc, type adb command, turn off usb debug (not plug the cable out) and turn usb debugging on again?
And I think you didn't put your phone in debug mode and watch their hardware ids because in debug mode and usb normal mode their hardware ids and function are separately

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

For all with error "exceptionthrown" error, try using QXDM and search for value 1877 and change it. I didn't test this yet but in theory it should works......

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Tried this with my Xperia TL (LT30at). The process works without any errors. I can write the new NV_RF_BC_CONFIG but it seems that the phone resets the values after reboot. I was hoping to be able to roam on T-Mo's 1700 LTE because at&t signal is horrible in my apartment.
No, in logic the phone cant reset it because it's in partition that the phone was put in read-only mode. Only access able by Qualcomm tool........ So did you press"write nv" then in file -> Write changed NV to phone" ?

Last edited:
Reactions: juliancarney

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You do everything here at your own risk. I take no responsibility for any broken devices/sdcards/your house going down on fire and everything else.

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR THESE FILES!

Requirements:
    root
    ability to use mouse and keyboard
    terminal emulator on your phone

What do you get for doing this?
    Propably you'll be able to use a lot more bands than before. Most likely your phone will work on every place in the world now.

Check the third post for a link to OPO guide ;)

C6903
    before
    LVA6VNn.png

after
    A2AuaxV.png

1. Download this zip Google it as it's banned from xda for the ability of imei change
    2. Extract it and install QPST from that zip
    3. Open the caller app and type in *#*#8778#*#* (it should go off the screen after you type in the last symbol "*"
    3.5 Those on custom roms (tested on cyanogen 11 with s4 mini) can use the efs professional toolkit to change the mode to enable the diag port.(Thanks @blackburn !)
    4. Connect your phone to your PC
    5. Open ADB console
    6. Type in these commands:
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    setprop persist.usb.eng 1
    7. Turn off USB Debugging, Disconnect your phone from the PC
    8. Wait about 10 seconds (don't have to be exact, just let it all disconnect in the PC) and turn USB Debugging back on
    10. Connect it back to the PC. It should try to install drivers. Wait until it fails to install all of them.
    11. Open device manager - you will see your device model a few times. Go to details tab. Scroll down a single time on that tab. You will see MI_0x there.
    12. Go through those devices until you find MI_04 under the second drop down position.
    13. Select "update driver" for this device and install the htc driver from the zip.
    14. Press start button and navigate to QPST -> QPST Configuration
    15. Go back to device manager -> modems -> HTC
    16. Find "COM*" in my case it was "COM3". It might be different for you.
    17. In QPST Configuration click on "Add new port" and in "Port" type in your "COM*". In my case It's "COM3" in there. In Port label it could be anyting u want. In my case I used a Z1 so I typed IN "Z1".
    18. It should look like this now.
    19. Navigate to QPST/bin and open RV_NV_Manager.exe
    20. press on settings -> Comport and choose your COM port.
    21. Press on file -> read from phone
    22. Wait patiently until it is finished. Now pay attention!
    23. Go to line 1877, click it and copy the decimal number on the right side of a programme. right click - copy
    24. Go to the place where you extracted the zip from the first step and start mzTool
    25. On the left side you will see "Input radix" - press decimal there.
    26. On the right side you will see "RF BC CONFIG" paste your previously copied number from the RV_NV_Manager.exe there.
    27. You will see now what bands are you able to use on the bottom of the app in "Bit information"
    28. Switch tab to "Band Preference (NV Value)"
    29. In there select all GSM bands and WCDMA bands. This place is really a field of testing. In my case (C6903 LTE) I selected all of GSM and WCDMA. I wouldn't suggest you to do anyting else in here unless you know what your'e doing. Let me know if you got something interesting in there. :)
    30. After you're done choosing what bands do you want - copy decimal number from the bottom right
    31. Remove all commas from that number ( "," ) so it would be just a bunch of numbers without anything else.
    32. Open RV_NV_Manager.exe from the point you left it (step 23) and paste your new number without commas "," there.
    33. Press on write NV and then press on file ->write changed NV to the phone.
    34. Open up the terminal emulator on your phone and write there this:
    Code:
    su
    setprop persist.usb.eng 0
    35. Reboot the device and hope you'll have the reception. If you do, hooray!
    36. Type in *#*#SERVICE#*#* (*#*#7378423#*#*) to see your new bands that your phone can use!

If your phone can't boot then flash stock FTF to your device and you should have your reception back!

Enjoy! :)

I wanted to mention that I'm just the guy that was interested in this and the person that actually made it possible is @BlackSoulxxx all thanks go to him! He's the guy that did it! Please thank him in the second post!

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME IF IT WORKS ON YOUR DEVICE! I DON'T KNOW. YOU HAVE TO TRY IT YOURSELF.

If you have any problems or issues here's some help from other users http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55321344&postcount=3

Tested on: ZU, Z1,SP,Xperia TL,Sharp-DOCOMO Aquos Zeta SH-04F
    Dangerous stuff to experiment with. Already lost 2 phone :p(2 expensive paper-weight with OmniBalance design -_- )
    But ENJOY!
    And remember to check out *#*#4636*#*# to select band (I dont advice to do that, because to revert it you will have to reflash baseband)
    2014c7f21568-09da-41ac-9e81-a11a071c53a9.png

And the setting
    20144230c489-68de-4e73-8a58-6e9bb1bd6e3f.png

@olokos

Write NV to phone
    Do to step 33 then stop
    Works on Z1, Z2
    Hey, for everyone with error "execptionthrow" error pls use QXDM and search for nv 1877 and change it

Nexus connection
    1. Remove all installed drivers.
    2. Install LG United Mobile Driver
    3. Enable debugging and install adb driver if it's not automatically installed.
    4. Using adb issue the following commands on a separate line
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    setprop sys.usb.config diag, adb
    5. Your phone should start installing drivers, once installed under Ports in device manager there should be (* indicates a number):
    • LGE AndroidNet for Diagnostics Port (COM*)
    • LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COM*)
    Thanks for that @CHAMAVELI !

For GSM HTC Phones.

Use "setprop sys.usb.diag.config diagon" instead of "setprop persist.usb.eng 1"

One Plus One guide
    Moto Droid RAZR Guide
    XIAOMI MI2 Guide
    LG G3 D852 Guide
    I see GSM/US only.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

Moto users

Ok, Moto users follow steps 1-6. Steps 7-13 get tweaked. 7. Turn off phone and disconnect from PC. 8. While phone is off, press both vol + and vol - and then press the power button. 9. Vol - to BP Tools and then press vol +. Let device boot up and then reconnect to PC. 10. Phone will then install drivers and will fail. 11. Open device manager and find Other Devices. You will see 2 lines that state Motorola QC and Motorola QC NMEA Interface. 12. Choose one and go Update driver>Browse my computer for driver software>Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer>Ports (COM & LPT)>Motorola>Motorola QC Diag Port>Yes. 13. Repeat for other one and note which ports become available. Steps 14-end of steps are the same

Note: this process only unlocks the bands, it does not sim unlock your device.

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app