[ROM][4.1.2][WEEKLY] Official CyanogenMod 10 for HTC Holiday (Vivid/Raider/Velocity)

Search This thread

c5satellite2

Mar 2, 2012
I have 3 vivids if anyone needs one. 2 Black, 1 white(cracked digitizer, not shattered, still very usable). All working. PM me.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

BTJustice

Nov 16, 2011
I hope the Cyanogenmod Team makes an official and working CM11.x ROM available for the HTC Vivid. It would be awesome having an awesome ROM like this for a great phone that is not dead quite yet and can be purchased cheaply used.

rignfool

Dec 8, 2010
The Poconos
I hope the Cyanogenmod Team makes an official and working CM11.x ROM available for the HTC Vivid. It would be awesome having an awesome ROM like this for a great phone that is not dead quite yet and can be purchased cheaply used.

Not possible currently...

Someone would have to get a Linux 3.4.xx kernel working for our phone...

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is the official Weekly Build of CM10 for the HTC Holiday (Vivid 4G/Velocity/Raider).

Installation Instructions
    1. Go to http://get.cm/?device=holiday and download the latest weekly.
    2. Locate Gapps via a quick Google search.
    3. Fully wipe your device from Recovery if you are not coming from CM10 already.
    4. Reboot into recovery and install.

Remember, if you are S-On, you will have to take the boot.img out of the cm.zip and flash it manually via fastboot. If you flash this and your phone just reboots, you are most likely S-On and need to perform that procedure.

Changelog
    • You can find the latest Changelog here
    Github

Huge thanks:
    synergye, IOmonster & mg2195 - For getting the Holiday to where it was.
    intervigil - Helping me understand 8660 differences from 8960.
    homeslice - Helping out while I've been unavailable.
    So some pretty decent news so far, more to come:

* Bluetooth now initializes without an hci-kickstart (hopefully should get rid of that horrendous drain

Testing to validate this:
    * Battery drain is gone (UPDATE: had BT on w/o paired device for 30 min and then with paired device for 30 min. battery hasn't went down from 100%!)
    * a2dp audio works (UPDATE: Works like a champ!)
    * Bluetooth calling (UPDATE: works!)
    * Bluetooth Tethering (UPDATE: not working yet, will work on it)

I know i missed the "weekly" marker to get this stuff in, assuming it all works. But if it all does, I will build another build and give it to you today.

More to come.....good lord I'm excited this is finally starting to move forward!

UPDATE: I'm updating OP since i've pushed and merged these things into CM now :).
    Issues:
    • HW video playback may have artifacts or other issues. Turn on Force GPU Rendering in Developer Options to fix.
    How to use MTP to mount internal and external storage simultaneously:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Go to Storage
    3. Press Menu key
    4. Choose "USB Connection Type"
    5. Choose "Media device (MTP)"
    * Windows will mount this automatically.

* Linux is a little tricky, but not too difficult, see the following:
    1. Edit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules to include these lines for adb and mtp:
    2. SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"
    3. SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666"
    4. install gmtp; for debian/ubuntu type: sudo apt-get install gmtp
    5. open gmtp and hit the connect button (be patient)

Report all issues to the Issues List here. Don't create duplicate issues, just star the issue if you can reproduce as well.
    Screenshots:

Screenshot_2012-12-02-22-15-32.png

Screenshot_2012-12-02-22-15-56.png
    Pretty sure i found how to squash that nasty wakelock eating battery from bluetooth. Lemme test and verify....If it works i'll put up a build with all the newest stuff tonight / tomorrow.

-h8