Quote:
Originally Posted by vgergo

Thank you for the report, I am looking into it

No problem, glad to help.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

12th September 2014, 07:50 PM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Is it only supposed to pause the music when you first connect your phone to Bluetooth, or is it supposed to pause the music each time you receive a notification?

12th September 2014, 07:59 PM |#83  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y.G.

Is it only supposed to pause the music when you first connect your phone to Bluetooth, or is it supposed to pause the music each time you receive a notification?

The later: It is supposed to pause the music before talking, and unpause it when it's done talking. You can also choose for it to duck (lower volume) of the music. Depends on the other app though: I found that BeyondPod for example will always pause even if I choose to duck - of course it makes sense, since it's mostly used for talking programmes, podcasts.
The Following User Says Thank You to vgergo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vgergo Ad-Free
13th September 2014, 01:31 AM |#84  

More
Quote:

The later: It is supposed to pause the music before talking, and unpause it when it's done talking. You can also choose for it to duck (lower volume) of the music. Depends on the other app though: I found that BeyondPod for example will always pause even if I choose to duck - of course it makes sense, since it's mostly used for talking programmes, podcasts.

Aw okay. I'm using Play Music. I set it to pause playback when I receive a notification but it only lowers the volume.

13th September 2014, 08:46 AM |#85  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y.G.

Aw okay. I'm using Play Music. I set it to pause playback when I receive a notification but it only lowers the volume.

Could you please send me your settings using the menu command at the bottom of the preferences screen "Bugs? Email dev"? I could then try test it with your exact setup.
The Following User Says Thank You to vgergo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vgergo Ad-Free
13th September 2014, 03:14 PM |#86  

More
Quote:

Could you please send me your settings using the menu command at the bottom of the preferences screen "Bugs? Email dev"? I could then try test it with your exact setup.

I shot you the email.

13th September 2014, 03:21 PM |#87  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
Music interruption
Quote:

Thanks for the settings. Please try to set the "Audio interruption" (under Advanced / How to read section) to "Always pause music"

Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2014-09-13-161651.png
Views:	57
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	2935675

The current setting "Pause music for summary" means, that the music is going to be paused for the summary readout (when it reads all your active notifications) but only going to be ducked for single incoming notifications. For mor infromation please refer to the user guide: http://notifications.dataglobe.eu/index.html#music
17th September 2014, 12:13 PM |#88  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Not working on MIUI v5
I tried it on my Mi3, with MIUI v5 on top but seems like not working. I have sent you request to be a beta tester on Google+. Do you think you can work on its compatibility with MIUI as well?
17th September 2014, 02:48 PM |#89  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
MIUI
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaryan61

I tried it on my Mi3, with MIUI v5 on top but seems like not working. I have sent you request to be a beta tester on Google+. Do you think you can work on its compatibility with MIUI as well?

I am almost sure we can get it to work on MIUI. The beginning of the conversation is easier directly, but I will summarise our findings here for the rest of the community.
23rd September 2014, 08:42 PM |#90  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
Touchless Notifications News Sept 20-23
Version 2.03 released with the following improvements:
  • +user guide updated with Tasker plugin information
  • ~messaging notifications: prevent repeated announcement of accumulated text in immediate readouts (Hangouts, WhatsApp)
  • *secondary language selection was not possible unless you selected voice engine immediately before it
  • ~more of a text message is displayed
  • +Pre-announcement delay new option: Double delay (3→6 sec)
  • *back key behaviour in the built in user guide: click to go back in history, double click to exit
  • *inhibited full-screen flash-ins for notifications which disappear by the time they would get to be read
  • +some default black list items, notably "incoming call" and "ongoing phone call" for new Google Voice integrated Hangouts
  • +no notification readout during Hangouts calls (video or google voice)
  • *updated the app to work with the new version of Google Voice Search, which would start the Settings instead of the readout

Meanwhile v2.04beta1 has been made available in the Beta channel:
  • battery use reduced (NL service optimized) I found a bug in the recent (v2.02) implementation of blacklist by text, which unreasonably increased the battery impact of the notification listener, especially with a large number of blacklisted terms. It is now eliminated, and further optimizations have been added. It is a significant rewrite of the notification listener routine, I tested to make sure no new bugs were introduced.
  • whatsapp only read last message (2nd attempt)

Click image for larger version

Name:	battery-friendly.png
Views:	37
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	2947965

I put together Some quick, basic instructions for French users: http://notifications.dataglobe.eu/French/index.html
7th October 2014, 10:58 PM |#91  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
Notification logging
With version 2.04 Touchless Notifications gained a pretty useful feature under the hood: notification logging option for debugging problems

How it works:
1. Double click on the "Bugs? Annoyances? Email dev" preference item to start logging all raw data for notifications which get announced.
2. Wait for the problematic notification to arrive
3. Single click "Bugs? Annoyances? Email dev" to compose the email (it will not only contain the settings but the log too). After composing the email, logging is stopped and the log file erased from your device.

IMPORTANT NOTE: your notifications most probably contain sensitive private information, please always check the contents of the bug report email to make sure nothing is sent to me which shouldn't. On the other hand, I will handle all your bug reports with confidentiality, and delete them as soon as they are not needed anymore.

Note: You can stop and restart the logging by double clicking the "Bugs? Annoyances? Email dev" preference item. The log is erased however every time you click to send an email, even if you cancel or discard it.

I found it useful to create notification logs to look for blacklist phrases or pronunciation corrections. You can change the "to" address of the email to your own: backup your settings and analyze your notifications. Proper settings backup/restore is coming soon. Legend for the log:
TTL → title row of the notification
2ND → second line of the notification
TCK → ticker text (which rolls in the top bar for a short time)
EXP → expanded notification content
EX2 → EXP with repetitions removed (only messaging apps)
RAW → Text before pronunciation correction
SAY → The text which actually got spoken

If an app's notifications are not announced correctly, you can send me the log entry and suggested read-out, I will gladly add more rules
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)