What Cookie version do you prefer ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

BruthazKeepah

Feb 18, 2008
London
MMS trouble

I assume when NRG wakes up he will start cooking and uploading.

I really hope todays update is at the right res and Maxmanilla.

For those with the MMS problem, its the new conversation mode that screws this up. If you go gack to traditional mode MMS will work again. (under options on the messgae tab)

I would assume the MMS problem is for Microsoft or HTC to sort.

So the MMS is a MS/HTC problem then:confused: (i.e. stock roms have it too? ...aint used any of them on the Leo)

Mark5

Jan 9, 2007
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Rotate Screen - Music Tab

Am loving this ROM! :D

One thing, when the screen is rotated (via the shortcut under the windows key) and you then switch to the music tab, it tries to rotate 'back' and ends up upside down and mangled.

If you rotate the phone manually it sorts it out, but clearly this needs the wonderful attention of Mr NRGZ when he gets a moment :)

BruthazKeepah

Feb 18, 2008
London
Rotation

Am loving this ROM! :D

One thing, when the screen is rotated (via the shortcut under the windows key) and you then switch to the music tab, it tries to rotate 'back' and ends up upside down and mangled.

If you rotate the phone manually it sorts it out, but clearly this needs the wonderful attention of Mr NRGZ when he gets a moment :)

I love this rom too. Cant wait for new update.

1) Have similar rotation issue, though only experienced it using SMS. If you flip phone landscape and send message, and the device goes back to home screen (still in landscape) it gets stuck in landscape and wont rotate back. You need to rotate using screen rotate, which works fine, but yeah, may need some attention.
2) Have not been able to connect to my wifi network at home with 2 Feb update. Anybody else have similar issue?

Last edited:

Rayan1987

Nov 25, 2009
Phone freeze

Hello NRGZ28

The phone freezes when a call is coming in, at the moment you slide it. Do you have any suggestions? I have tried to turn off the 'Quiet ring on pickup' but didn't work.

Would appreciate any effort for solving this.

Last edited:

achkar

Dec 19, 2009
Varna
2) Is there a way to disable the "resume to home screen" option?
I mean, when I wake my device, it will automatically go to the home screen, instead of displaying the last application or manilla tab I was browsing. Is there a way to change this option, because I cannot find it.

Yeah, same here.. :(

Bartkevin

Jan 22, 2010
Amsterdam
i see a new file into the hotfile!!!!

FEB04 version here we come!!!

-edit-

flashed! first time i am using the newest wm version with the bottom buttons, and not sure what i think of them yet! quickmenu also needs some time i guess. overall your rom is yet again, stable and amazing. works great with the newest 2.07 radio, and doesn't slurp much battery :)

gonna try out the stable build now to compare wich i like more :)

i want your babies!

Last edited:

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Hello NRGZ28

The phone freezes when a call is coming in, at the moment you slide it. Do you have any suggestions? I have tried to turn off the 'Quiet ring on pickup' but didn't work.

Would appreciate any effort for solving this.

Yeah this is a bug that sometimes shows up still... I need to work with a few people closely by replacing the Rhodium dialer in the ROM with a leo dialer. Anybody up for some late nite beta testing and 2 way feedback via an IM session ? :)

danjohnson19855

May 19, 2009
just testing stable rom, very speedy :) looking good so far

sorry found first prob :) wen i try to import sim contacts nothing happens

Last edited:

Bartkevin

Jan 22, 2010
Amsterdam
hey, im testing this thing on my own here, i would be up for some late night beta testing, only im at work right now so i cant really heavily test things.

found a bug in opera though. cant seem to zoom in by tapping

found a second bug aswel, when in the music tab, when i rotate my device, it doesnt go in landscape but the screen tilts upside down.

rom works great, really fast. good looking but still wondering if its possible to cook in the bg4all app :)

Last edited:

retrobeans

Jan 26, 2010
Excellent work yet again NRG, its so fast :)

Only thing I can notice that's not working for me is my device still returns to the 'Today' menu after waking up rather than last open app. The last open app flashes briefly then it goes to Today still.

However, amazing work, it's very much appreciated :D

hey, im testing this thing on my own here, i would be up for some late night beta testing, only im at work right now so i cant really heavily test things.

found a bug in opera though. cant seem to zoom in by tapping

found a second bug aswel, when in the music tab, when i rotate my device, it doesnt go in landscape but the screen tilts upside down.

rom works great, really fast. good looking but still wondering if its possible to cook in the bg4all app :)

The Opera zoom has been changed to 100% in Opera's settings making zoom not necessary for the majority of websites, however if you want to be able to tap to zoom in go to the settings within Opera and change the 'Zoom'.

As for the music tab, mine rotates fine so not sure what's going on there.

jcrompton

Nov 30, 2004
Hurricane, WV
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 5a
Leo Dialer cab

Yeah this is a bug that sometimes shows up still... I need to work with a few people closely by replacing the Rhodium dialer in the ROM with a leo dialer. Anybody up for some late nite beta testing and 2 way feedback via an IM session ? :)

I defintely would -- but I just DROPPED my 2 day old HD2 and cracked the screen - just boxed it for FedEx back to onthegosolutions! Won't get a new one until Tues. The phone literally only fell less than 2 feet of the edge of a chair - shattered the screen like I've never seen on an iPhone (my kids have broken multiple iPhone screens!)

The Leo dialer cab has always worked for me for this delayed answering bug and it seems that this is often carrier dependant. I'm on USA ATT and that carrier seems to really be affected by the Rhodium dialer.

I was just thinking the other day that the Manila 2.5 seems to always return to the Home page after sleep - I'm sure this is by design but if anyone has a registry hack or way to toggle this on or off it would be helpful. For me I would much rather go back to the last open app after my phone is brought back to life.

belsj

Aug 11, 2005
Maastricht
www.haosonline.tk
Fast and smooth

Missing doc tab
no landscape on picture tab
you cannot scroll in the internet tab
and only rain in the weather tab...
oops it is raining here :cool:

Last edited:

aro

Jun 25, 2005
Munich
first impression of Feb 4th rom

Thanks NRG for your great work.

I am running Feb 4th rom since 3h now and would like to share my findings (most of them already mentioend by other members):

+ 4x4 row quick start in manila home. even deleting items in last row works fine. NICE!
+ 3 per row favorites on internet tab with small "launch browser" icon on top. NICE!
+ rearanged start menu looks/feels cleaner/leaner. NICE!
+ as usual for NRG, rom in total looks nice, is fast and stable.
+ green sliders in backlight setting screen of manaila are now nice blue.

Of course there is still room for improvement, so I would liek to share following suggestions:

- phone still goes back to manila home after wake up
- auto lock does not work
- mute ring on phone pick up still freezes the phone on incomming calls (probably need LEO dialer to fix this, if I can help by beta testing, please send me link to beta rom with LEO dialer)
- photo tab does not rotate (this is probably manila 2011 bug!?)
- manila slider still disaligned on 2nd level (e.g. alarm clock settings, maybe due to NRG transparent slider designed for TP2??)
- transparent manila home clock looks broken very often (see attached screen shot)
- still some green graphic here and there instead of blue (the small triangle on calendar tab and the active sync circle when active sync is connected to exchange, but not syncing, the turning circle is nice blue)

Even with above listed improvement potential, I still prefer this rom over others.
I am sure NRG will improve the rom to perfection, just he did with those for other devices.

Thanks again for the big effort NRG!

Attachments

• ScreenShot1.jpg
    ScreenShot1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 132

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6.5.X & 6.5|ROM|WWE| Energy Series 29022 /21916 Sense 2.5 + Many Variations (See next post)

EnergyROM_Collection.png

Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch HD2 (Leo) device.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release
    I preconfigure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

This firmware is compatible with all HD2 devices manufactured by HTC !

>> If you're an advanced user and know what you want already, jump directly to post #2 and download what build you'll like to install.

>> If you're a beginner, read on as there's a few things you need to do first.

• You need to install a modified "SPL" on your device that allows installation of custom ROMs such as this one. It's called a "Hard SPL" and it's in of these stickies at the top of this forum (not this thread!).

If you have a T-Mobile USA branded device, then you don't need to flash a "radio". The ROM will work just fine with it. However, if you own an asian or european HD2 then you NEED to flash a .50 radio.

I RECOMMEND FLASHING RADIO 2.07.50 or 2.12.50 !

After you install the correct radio, go on to post #2 and download the ROM of your choice. There's always a choice of 2 (sometimes 3) builds for each "flavor" of the ROM. Looking at the download folders you'll see:

• A 21916 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner. This build uses the same stock system that came with your device. This is usually the fastest and most stable build, but it's also the least fancy :)

• A 29022 Build that's the latest in Microsoft's development with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys, making it all very "finger friendly". These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. Most people choose this build... Why else would you install a custom ROM ? :)

After flashing the ROM, please read the FAQ in post 4, and maybe even the links to the individual modifications for each ROM in post 2 (such as "Cookie", "GTX" etc). It will help you get more familiar with which one and will greatly reduce the initial learning curve.

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs every few days, as new builds come down the pipe.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization), or the built in "Settings Exporter" in the Tools folder. Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD AND FLASH ANY OF THESE ROMS, MAKE SURE YOUR RADIO VERSION IS AT LEAST 2.07.50 (not 51! any .50 version should be okay) , OR YOUR PHONE WILL NOT BOOTUP AFTER YOU FLASH !
    IF YOU HAVE A TMOBILE USA DEVICE, THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO FLASH A NEW RADIO, BUT 2.07.50 IS STILL RECOMMENDED TO WORK BEST WITH THIS ROM.

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

He means I need to do some Android ROMs for the HD2. Hmm... I think I just might. Maybe start off with skinning of t he existing ones to look like my WM ROMs then.. take it from there.
    Hi,

Great work the new 29005 seems to be a bit quicker, however unless it's me (always a possibility) none of the program icons appear to have the sencity skinning for instance in the start menu.

The start menu icons are NOT supposed to skinned. That's quite normal...
    This post features all the Cookie Hometab based ROMs I make.

The original ROM is the "energy" version and that's a good starting point. All the rest, are themes applied to that ROM.
    They all come in two versions,
    Cookie 1.8.5 and Cookie 2.0 (the ROM filename will be labeled "Cookie" and "Cookie.2.0, plus the name of the theme)

You can see more screenshots of these ROMs a couple of posts down.

The two Cookie versions look pretty similar, but Cookie 2.0 has multiple sliding homescreens/freely moveable widgets (similar to Android) and
    quite a few more features and speed.

EnergyROM_Energy.png

My own 'Energy' style

• This is the best ROM version and the way Sense should have been designed by HTC
    • Offers the biggest customization ability out of all versions. You can add/remove bars or items on the homescreen, arrange items any way you like, plus lots of extra features
    • Three built in lockscreens. "HD Mini" style, Manila style or Windows style
    • 3 pages of quicklinks with a configurable amount of shortcuts displayed
    • 3 Homescreen layouts to choose from, as seen in the above screenshots, all completely customizable !
    • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <
    EnergyROM_Dinik.png

Dinik's "Anastasia"
    • This ROM series is skinned with Dinik's great "Anastasia" theme applied on everything.
    • Everything has been skinned, including Sense, the start menu items, the soft keyboard, parts of the dialer... etc

EnergyROM_sencity.png

_LeCiel_'s ".sencity"

• This ROM is themed with the .sencity theme released by _LeCiel_ who is a very talented artist ! Please support his work if possible.
    • .sencity is not %100 complete yet, but _LeCiel_ is working hard on finishing his work to completely skin the entire ROM.
    EnergyROM_TouchOfGlass.png

DJC & Bobsbbq's "Touch Of Glass"
    • This ROM series is skinned with DJC's "Touch of Glass" theme throughout Sense and the Start Menu
    • More will be skinned as DJC continues his work on the theme in the future...
    EnergyROM_GTX.png

ElCondor's "GTX"

• This ROM has the white GTX theme applied
    • Android styled taskbar, matching dialer, matching start menu background and Action screen background
    • GTX is a total reskin of the operating system, so expect a very different (white) experience

So looking at the poll numbers... CHT 2.0 trumps CHT 1.8.5 by a lot. :)