[Q] Problem with replacing Settings.apk

Search This thread

issue5854

May 13, 2013
Hi everyone, I always solved my problems just by reading other threads and it solved, but now I'm stuck and can't find any thread to solve the problem.
Here it is, my problem:

I wanted to translate the Settings.apk into my language, and decompiled/recompiled it, then copied it to my Tab, and replaced the Settings.apk in system/app with the new one by Root Explorer, but the problem is that when I reboot my GT P1010 I cannot find the Settings icon in Applications
I don't know where the problem is...

Any Help ...?

issue5854

May 13, 2013
Solved Missing Settings.apk from App Drawer after editing it

Hi everyone, I always solved my problems just by reading other threads and it solved, but now I'm stuck and can't find any thread to solve the problem.
Here it is, my problem:

I wanted to translate the Settings.apk into my language, and decompiled/recompiled it, then copied it to my Tab, and replaced the Settings.apk in system/app with the new one by Root Explorer, but the problem is that when I reboot my GT P1010 I cannot find the Settings icon in Applications
I don't know where the problem is...

Any Help ...?

Hi! I just wanted to say that I solved the problem, and now I can edit my Settings.apk how I want.

After many searching in google and inside this forum, and many many trying I found a way how to compile my apk and then being recognized by my device.
1) I just compile my edited apk
2) and then open the new_apk aside with the original_apk by 7zip
3) then Drag&Drop the resources.arsc from the new_apk to the original_apk close it,
4) and then push original_apk with adb into my device,
5) copy to /system/app/ by Root Explorer, Fix Permissions and Reboot.

That's all, if someone had this problem here is the solution...

:good: Have nice developing...