USA Metro PCS LG L70

Search This thread

kylegrant

Jan 23, 2012
Does it have any problems? I've had a kyocera rise and it was total crap, always rebooted, bricked for any little thing, froze a lot, and with a locked bootloader it was such a crappy phone, if that phone is good, I'd get it for a secondary phone cx
Only problem is with a couple rooted apps, you get reboots about every minute or two but i had enough time to uninstall the trouble app before it rebooted again, problem solved! AFAIK I was the first to get this thing rooted (i made a thread for it here on xda) and for $50 this thing is BOMB.COM!! ****in love the kyocera hydro life. It has a sd card hack built into the stock rom which lets you use your sd card instead of the seperate internal 1gb of user storage for very large apps (real racing 3 had 2.4gb). Zero complaints.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

32gb is I think like 25
Just saw the 559 area code - fresno? Im from 209 - tracy... GO RAIDERS

Reactions: DMedina559
Only problem is with a couple rooted apps, you get reboots about every minute or two but i had enough time to uninstall the trouble app before it rebooted again, problem solved! AFAIK I was the first to get this thing rooted (i made a thread for it here on xda) and for $50 this thing is BOMB.COM!! ****in love the kyocera hydro life. It has a sd card hack built into the stock rom which lets you use your sd card instead of the seperate internal 1gb of user storage for very large apps (real racing 3 had 2.4gb). Zero complaints.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Just saw the 559 area code - fresno? Im from 209 - tracy... GO RAIDERS
Yeah, I'm from Fresno cx
And thank for the review, I'll probably consider it if it get an unlocked bootloader (probably won't happen tho, as kyocera has SUPER security on their bootloaders)

Last edited:
Reactions: kylegrant

LILJAMER

Mar 19, 2014
I also had a phone like that it was the Huawei Valiant another problem most of the games aren't compatible with this phone so even if I were to tweak away and get my partition I wouldn't be able to download the games from the play store. If I download the apk+data ill install the apk put the data in the obb folder open the game and it'll give me the incompatible please refund error

Sent From LILJAMER'S iPhone 6

kylegrant

Jan 23, 2012
I also had a phone like that it was the Huawei Valiant another problem most of the games aren't compatible with this phone so even if I were to tweak away and get my partition I wouldn't be able to download the games from the play store. If I download the apk+data ill install the apk put the data in the obb folder open the game and it'll give me the incompatible please refund error

Sent From LILJAMER'S iPhone 6
I doubt that would be a problem with the kyocera, from what you listed, i play madden mobile with no lag. On the l70, it had major lag.

kylegrant

Jan 23, 2012
Yeah, I'm from Fresno cx
And thank for the review, I'll probably consider it if it get an unlocked bootloader (probably won't happen tho, as kyocera has SUPER security on their bootloaders)
Thats cool, central valley rules!! Not really tho its too hot lol. I highly doubt it because a. Like you said with the security and b. From looking online, it seems I'm one of the chosen few that bought it haha. Had to do a lot of searching, trial and error to find an obscure rooting method that was made for another phone.

bichofelix

Jun 25, 2013
Thats cool, central valley rules!! Not really tho its too hot lol. I highly doubt it because a. Like you said with the security and b. From looking online, it seems I'm one of the chosen few that bought it haha. Had to do a lot of searching, trial and error to find an obscure rooting method that was made for another phone.
Which method would that be?
I'm actually about to get one over the weekend. Maybe trade in one of the other L70s I have.

Sent from my LGMS323

vbtechx

Sep 3, 2010
Chittagong
Can anyone help me with this i am in a sticky situation. I deleted sdcard file in the system/bin by mistake. Can someone send me the file. Will appreciate it as i cant access neither sdcard anymore :crying:

EDIT: what can I do to get my System files back to normal without SD? Will flashing the Stock Kernel work? I am rooted. I am currently trying to push the sdcard file into system/bin but no results getting permission errors and read only errors. Please help!

Last edited:

vbtechx

Sep 3, 2010
Chittagong
Adb push the file to the location. Idk what permissions it needs

Sent from my LGMS323

trying to push sdcard file to /system/bin gives me Read only filesystem error
adb push to any other place gives me permission denied error I am at a loss at what to do. :crying:

I cant even reflash I don't even have LG download mode one and more importantly no KDZ for my L70 D325

EDIT: Fixed it! Apparently ext4 partitions were still readable by android. Put the sdcard file of Galaxy Grand to sdext2 folder and then copy pasted to system/bin then rebooted. Its working now.

Last edited:

vanessaem

Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Themer
Jun 7, 2010
Missouri City
Hello everyone,

Thread cleaned to get it back on track.
This is just a general reminder to all. No one is to ask for ETAs here or anywhere else on this site. No one is entitled to anything. These roms and/or mods take time to do and at times it's a struggle to find enough time to do them for everyone. Please keep in mind, that people have personal lives that come first before anything else that is going on on this website.
Please respect that and respect each other.

Regards...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [CWMR][MS323] CWM 6.0.5.0 For LG L70

This recovery is for the LG L70 (MS323). It has been tested and works 100%.

This wouldn't be possible without junkie2100 and PlayfulGod, be sure to thank them also ;)

Credits:

junkie2100
    PlayfulGod
    BlastGT1
    bobdamnit
    Cheetopocalypse
    LoneStar
    biggiephil
    crutchcorn
    and last but not least, koush.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that can happen to your device when using this. Your phone = Your responsibility. Your booloader MUST be unlocked to use this.

NOTE: I am still waiting on a firmware B tester to test the key combo to boot to recovery. For all you firmware B users, be careful not to brick your device because the key combo has not been confirmed working for y'all yet :)

The Goods

Instructions:

Fastboot users

Download the recovery.img to your computer and open up terminal or command prompt and cd to the directory where the recovery.img is.

Example:
    Windows
    Code:
    cd Downloads
    Linux
    Code:
    cd ~/Downloads

Now that you are in the recovery.img's directory, boot into fastboot mode by powering off the device, from power off, plug in your usb, power on the device, as soon as it starts to boot, release the power button and hold volume up until in fastboot mode.

Now in terminal or command prompt, type:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Reboot
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    Once booted, go download this awesome app to make rebooting to recovery easy, HERE

People who restored the laf partition, follow these steps:

Place the recovery.img in the root of your internal sd card.

Open up command prompt or terminal and type:
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su

Now it is time to overwrite your stock recovery with cwm, type:
    Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

That's it, download this awesome app to reboot to recovery HERE

Keep in mind, when rebooting from recovery, it will ask you to do 2 things, select no for the first option and select yes for fix root or you will lose your root. To boot to recovery you would use the same key that is used to factory reset, from power off, you boot and press volume down

That's it for the recovery, hope everyone enjoys it :) If you would like to donate, you can click the little donate picture in my signature and send me some money for an energy drink :p
    [UNLOCK][MS323] LG L70 Bootloader Unlock

This is the method I used to unlock the bootloader of the LG L70 on MetroPCS. This has worked for me and will work for you if you follow the instructions and read this guide :)

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that may happen when unlocking your bootloader. Your device = Your responsibility.

Credits: junkie2100, PlayfulGod, LoneStar, Cheetopocalypse, bobdamnit, BlastGT1, jonhaney, daddyof3_101, biggiephil and lady vengeance (sorry if I forgot someone).

What you need:

Windows users, you need fastboot and adb installed. All of which is included in the zip for part 1. Linux users, same for you, I have included the adb and fastboot binary but I had a problem with the adb not working in the package, might be something I edited in the shell script so install adb in your bin directory (I can help if needed).

NOTE: Must have busybox installed on your device, have USB debugging enabled, and the phone plugged in and set as charge only.

Part 1:

Windows Users

1. Download the bootloader.zip and extract it to your Desktop.
    Mirror link: HERE

2. Open the bootloader folder and press shift + right click, select "Open Command Window here".

3. In command prompt, type:
    Code:
    laf_script.bat
    (Hit enter and the first step will start)

Be sure to pay attention to the command window to make sure you are not having any problems. That is it for part 1, go to part 2 :)[/align]

Linux Users

1. Download the bootloader.zip and extract it to your Desktop
    Mirror link: HERE

2. Open terminal with ctrl + alt + t and cd to the folders directory.
    Code:
    cd ~/Desktop/bootloader_unlock_part1

3. In the folder, right click the laf_script_linux.sh file, go to properties, and allow the file to execute as program.

4. Now in terminal, type:
    Code:
    ./laf_script_linux.sh

Done with part 1, pay attention to the terminal and be sure everything is working correctly.[/align]

Windows and Linux users, if you had everything setup correctly before running this, you should have a backup of the laf.img in the directory you ran the script from. If you have checked your script directory and your adb directory located on the C drive for windows (If you didn't use the ones I included) and you still don't have a backup of the laf partition, hastebin the output of terminal or command prompt and link me to it.

Part 2:

Windows and Linux Users

1. Power off your device

2. With the device powered off, plug in your usb to your computer, power on and hold volume up until in fastboot mode. If your phone boots to download mode then something didn't work right, be sure you followed every instruction in part 1.

3. Open Command prompt or terminal and cd to the same directory as your scripts, once there, type:
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    (Hit enter)
    Be sure that your device is listed, it should be random numbers.
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock

4. Verify that your bootloader is indeed unlocked:
    Code:
    fastboot oem device-info

That is it, you are now unlocked ;) Keep in mind that download mode is now gone, so if your brick then fastboot is your only option. If you would like to restore download mode as soon as you unlock your device, you can do this:

cd to the directory where your backup of the laf partition is
    Code:
    cd ~/Desktop/bootloader_unlock_part1

Push the img to your sdcard
    Code:
    adb push laf.img /sdcard/

Use adb shell & su
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su

Overwrite the zeroed out partition
    Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf

Done, hope y'all enjoy this. If you would like to show me some support, you can do so by clicking the donate link in my signature, all donations will be appreciated :) Be sure to keep your username in the correct field so I can personally thank you.
    Please support for a new device forum request

Hi all,
    Please hit thanks to below post, so that I can build a strong case to get us a forum: we have so much redundant information here, so its a high time we should have our own forum.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54680727&postcount=15119
    Hello everyone,

Thread cleaned to get it back on track.
    This is just a general reminder to all. No one is to ask for ETAs here or anywhere else on this site. No one is entitled to anything. These roms and/or mods take time to do and at times it's a struggle to find enough time to do them for everyone. Please keep in mind, that people have personal lives that come first before anything else that is going on on this website.
    Please respect that and respect each other.

Regards...
    CWM being released soon ;) Testing everything before releasing