Is there a way to keep other gestures on but turn off double tap to wake?

Search This thread

z-man79

Jan 8, 2012
I am quickly finding that double tap to wake may be too sensitive for me. I am constantly finding my phone awake without intentionally trying to turn it on. Is there a way to either just turn off that one gesture or drop the sensitivity?

Thanks
Z

sfreemanoh

Oct 20, 2008
I found that the other gestures were the ones waking my phone and double tap was the only good one. Just swiping across the screen when it's off shouldn't unlock the phone. I can't stand those gestures.

--
Sent from my HTC One M8

Ditto for me, but it seems like an all or nothing deal. I could be wrong though, and I hope someone will eventually figure out how to disable the others, but until then I enabled a pattern lock so it'll stop getting unlocked accidentally.

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
I found that the other gestures were the ones waking my phone and double tap was the only good one. Just swiping across the screen when it's off shouldn't unlock the phone. I can't stand those gestures.

--
Sent from my HTC One M8

I like the gestures, but I'm the same, double tap to wake is great. And the Swype gestures are good too, but I have a problem with Them. I can't even clean my screen without the phone coming on. And installing the screen protector, I had to turn it off completely.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dr-Hack

Sep 14, 2011
blog.drhack.net
I like the gestures, but I'm the same, double tap to wake is great. And the Swype gestures are good too, but I have a problem with Them. I can't even clean my screen without the phone coming on. And installing the screen protector, I had to turn it off completely.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

you can Disable other Gestures in Motion and Gestures settings. . ?
other then Double Tap i always found every other gesture kind of "useless"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

--
    Sent from my HTC One M8