Soft brick when trying to root

Search This thread

fylim

Sep 29, 2007
Auckland
Hi, folks

I was using this procedure to root my Note 3 Neo SM-N750

http://androidxda.com/root-samsung-galaxy-note-3-neo-sm-n750

But when I started flashing with Odin, it got stuck at writing Cache.img and screen when black with lots of coloured dots. Please see attached file for odin error screenshot.

Now it says I have to recover with Kies when powering up the phone.

Please advise.

Attachments

• odin.JPG
    odin.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 424

shaktishekhar

Apr 10, 2012
Mumbai
sgatechwork.blogspot.in
i also faced the same long time ago u must be rooting ur device 2nd time.. be this only happen at 2nd time root on a new phone 1st time root it works totally fine.. bt if u flash stock.. rom and than again you try to root than it stuck... than u will c some gots lime video games... and phone gets heated.. than u hav 2 pull out battery .. bro when this thing happend 2 me.. :D my phone was just 2 days old so i went to service center to DO my phone means replacment i got a new phone... bt am sure.. dis will happen 2 this phone also.. bt am nt gonna do d same thing again flashing a stock rom than try 2 root again.. bt aftee facing that issue i did little reserch.. and found d resion.. why it stuck.. its may b bec of partation size.. of cache try flash your stock rom.. go to recovery.. wipe ur cache partation.. and try again.. bec if that will mt fix this than there is only 1 thing which can fix dis that.. is flashing the fresh rom.. with pit and all other files.. nt just one package file bec pit file os the only way 2 repartation your mobile and wipe everything back 2 factory ... bt on o9 there is no leak of that firmware bec mostly that all files service center ppl having... and o9 u will get a kies extracted 1 package file.. that cannot repair ur phone it can just restore all d files.. bak to normal... try wipe ur cache partation... or u can also try firmware of another country.. than try 2 root.. any ways good luck...

Sent from my SM-N750 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fylim

Sep 29, 2007
Auckland
i also faced the same long time ago u must be rooting ur device 2nd time.. be this only happen at 2nd time root on a new phone 1st time root it works totally fine.. bt if u flash stock.. rom and than again you try to root than it stuck... than u will c some gots lime video games... and phone gets heated.. than u hav 2 pull out battery .. bro when this thing happend 2 me.. :D my phone was just 2 days old so i went to service center to DO my phone means replacment i got a new phone... bt am sure.. dis will happen 2 this phone also.. bt am nt gonna do d same thing again flashing a stock rom than try 2 root again.. bt aftee facing that issue i did little reserch.. and found d resion.. why it stuck.. its may b bec of partation size.. of cache try flash your stock rom.. go to recovery.. wipe ur cache partation.. and try again.. bec if that will mt fix this than there is only 1 thing which can fix dis that.. is flashing the fresh rom.. with pit and all other files.. nt just one package file bec pit file os the only way 2 repartation your mobile and wipe everything back 2 factory ... bt on o9 there is no leak of that firmware bec mostly that all files service center ppl having... and o9 u will get a kies extracted 1 package file.. that cannot repair ur phone it can just restore all d files.. bak to normal... try wipe ur cache partation... or u can also try firmware of another country.. than try 2 root.. any ways good luck...

Strange. I pulled the batt and retry flashing same procedure and file and it worked! Glad else will be sad bricking the device on day and can't claim warranty since tripping Knox.

ron1999

Dec 27, 2013
How can it sometimes work and sometimes doesn't? It means that this sw is unstable that's all.

Btw, after a month with my 7505 i think it was a mistake getting it, its worth adding this 100$ and get a phone that runs kitlat.
This 4.3 android is just not as good

Sent from my SM-N7505 using Tapatalk

shaktishekhar

Apr 10, 2012
Mumbai
sgatechwork.blogspot.in
How can it sometimes work and sometimes doesn't? It means that this sw is unstable that's all.

Btw, after a month with my 7505 i think it was a mistake getting it, its worth adding this 100$ and get a phone that runs kitlat.

its depending on d issue which ur facing and d way and process how ur doing thinga depending upon that issues comes out.. and ya.. these flasing issue.. n all ntn to do wid OS even its jb or kk the basics r always same wid all android devices.. 4.4 just a next version of 4.3

ron1999

Dec 27, 2013
I could not understand a word :)
Any chance for another message in English?
(I'm guess I'm not updated with all the shortcuts u used)

fylim

Sep 29, 2007
Auckland

I don't know why it didn't work the first time. I have had Samsung phones and rooted and flashed then since S1. So I know how Odin suppose to work. Else I wouldn't have flashed it one first day.

So this is one of those exceptions where I was stumped at least for 15 kind what when wrong.

Anyways .. All good now. As they always say use at your own risk.

Sent from my SM-N750 using XDA Free mobile app

helpdesk.raman

Feb 5, 2009
i have bricked my n750

i have rooted 3 handset one is working fine but other too on boot loop ..............try to flash with diffrent files but stuck on sboot file................................guide me

helpdesk.raman

Feb 5, 2009
s boot fail

You have to provide complete information...

i have rooted 3 n750 note 3 neo

2 of then in boot loop

try to flash with one package file and four files from asansam support , ufs support and samfirmware

but failed on sboot

flshed with four files and skipped boot file flash complete but phone on samsung logo

hard reset done

any method to update bye adb , cwm or sidelog.......................