List of Safestrap-compatible ROMs for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4

Search This thread

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
A quick question/confirmation;

I went into safestrap and made a full backup of my stock ROM. When I flash a new ROM (In the stock slot) I can still use my backup to go back to my stock build correct (No data loss)??

Thanks,

I have restored backups of stock slot roms with no issues

sent by safestrap powered echo v26

Reactions: mlfca

vicariouscheese

Jul 10, 2014
I'm not sure how big the verizon s4 community is, but I think this should really be updated and kept up to date. There are hints in other threads of people trying out random roms in safestrap, but for new people or people who need their phones to be stable asap, an up to date list would be great.

Personally I have used hyperdrive 17 and eclipse 4.0.2. Both work great, although I'm not a fan of the hyperdrive themes/hub system (they all look outdated and ugly from the bit I've seen) and I've only had eclipse for like 2 days. It does not show contact information when people call me though, and if I can't resolve that I'll probably go try hyperdrive 18.

Also I wanted to try echoe, since it says it ported the s5's super power saving, any experiences with that on safestrap?

Reactions: dbldigit10

Bubonicbill

Aug 13, 2014
Since so many of us have to use Safestrap to use custom ROMs, thanks to Verizon, I thought that it would be reasonable to have a list of the currently compatible ROMs. I see a lot of threads and questions about ROMs "not working" with Safestrap that turn out to be people trying to flash AOSP ROMs instead of compatible TouchWiz (TW) ROMs.

I suggested this to Kennyglass123, who wisely suggested that I put one together.

I started with the official list of TW ROMs, and then added some that I found. I first communicated with most of the devs for these ROMs, and created the list based on their responses.

If you are a dev and your ROM is Safestrap-compatible, and you want your ROM added to the list, please PM me.

SO, here is the current list, with this format for each line:
ROM name [author/maintainer] (notes/link)​

Safestrap-compatible ROMs

Bonestock v1.1.4 [andybones] (but only this version)
Eclipse S4 TW Edition v2.0 [nitroglycerine33] (4.2.2 version, not 4.3 yet)
Foxhound Diamond Dogs v3.6 [gigilie] (link)
Hyperdrive RLS13 [sbreen94] (link)
Jelly 'Beans' Build 7 [BeansTown106] (yes, for ME7)
Omega v19 [gigilie] (link)
Stock-Rooted-International MKF Base [jrkruse] (link)

PLEASE NOTE: I'm only reporting what people have told me. Please don't get upset with me if you're having trouble with a particular ROM.

Is there a similar list for the S-5 w/ safestrap?

joey#erenko

Jul 6, 2015
edom
safestrap?

Since so many of us have to use Safestrap to use custom ROMs, thanks to Verizon, I thought that it would be reasonable to have a list of the currently compatible ROMs. I see a lot of threads and questions about ROMs "not working" with Safestrap that turn out to be people trying to flash AOSP ROMs instead of compatible TouchWiz (TW) ROMs.

I suggested this to Kennyglass123, who wisely suggested that I put one together.

I started with the official list of TW ROMs, and then added some that I found. I first communicated with most of the devs for these ROMs, and created the list based on their responses.

If you are a dev and your ROM is Safestrap-compatible, and you want your ROM added to the list, please PM me.

any safestrap for oc1.....flashfire not working great...

PLEASE NOTE: I'm only reporting what people have told me. Please don't get upset with me if you're having trouble with a particular ROM.

any safestrap for oc1.....flashfire not working great...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Make a thread with these instructions man, it would be great if we could get aosp working for more of you safestrap users

FYI Made the post. Put everything together and edited some things. Hope it helps my fellow safestrapers :)

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-veri...-aosp-s4-google-edition-t2817708/post54181536

Not for Safestrap. That won't happen until Verizon eventually releases Kit Kat.
    I request can you create safestrap as custom recovery not available for samsung galaxy grand2 SM-G7102

Sent from my SM-G7102

This thread had nothing to do with Safestrap development.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I'm not sure how big the verizon s4 community is, but I think this should really be updated and kept up to date. There are hints in other threads of people trying out random roms in safestrap, but for new people or people who need their phones to be stable asap, an up to date list would be great.

Personally I have used hyperdrive 17 and eclipse 4.0.2. Both work great, although I'm not a fan of the hyperdrive themes/hub system (they all look outdated and ugly from the bit I've seen) and I've only had eclipse for like 2 days. It does not show contact information when people call me though, and if I can't resolve that I'll probably go try hyperdrive 18.

Also I wanted to try echoe, since it says it ported the s5's super power saving, any experiences with that on safestrap?