[COMING SOON][TOOL]DumbestCrayon's ROM Builder

Search This thread

bmj1086

Apr 11, 2008
Dallas
Okay, I started this project about a month ago and I never really got into it. Now that I have some spare time I decided to continue.

I'm writing a program to download the latest CyanogenMod or TheOfficial Nexus ROM. After that you will choose what you want in the ROM (eg. wifi tether, Amazon MP3, Spare Parts)

Once you decide what you want in the ROM the program will remove whatever you do not want and rebuild it for you. After you rebuild it, it will give you the option allow the program to move it to your sdcard and even reboot your phone into recovery where you can perform a Nandroid and apply the ROM yourself (I will not write the program to apply the ROM because it's not really a good idea).

The program will be free of charge and you can download it and install it directly on your computer. (Windows only, sorry)

Now this sounds a LOT easier than it really is so if anybody has any experience with C# let me know if you want to help. Send me an email at [myscreenname] gmail com. Please do not email or chat me unless you're wanting to help develop the code. When I need testers I will let you know.

Permission was granted by Cyanogen

Q & A
Q: How is this different than Modaco's ROM kitchen?
A: Mine is software, installs on your computer with updates, and it will be free.
It's not exactly the same thing but close.

No hard feelings Modaco, don't take it personal.

Q: When will it release?
A: I can't tell you a date or a specific time but I'm working on it and I will post it the minute I think it's stable enough to pass out.

Q: Will it work on Linux or Mac?
A: Originally no, but I've had some ideas come in about Mac so I'll let you know

Since this will be free of charge I will take donations [no obligation, donate as you please]
Click Here to donate

Last edited:

bigdookie

Mar 18, 2007
Thanks for you efforts. I Don agree with modaco charging for something that has been free to access. What if xda forum started charging to access this site? It would kill the spirit of what most Tom chefs do here. Smh.

bobtentpeg

Jan 18, 2010
Sheesh, you guys don't read, or something.

He doesnt charge for access to his ROMs. But he offers his subscribers the benefit of being able to customize their ROMs to their liking, pre-flash. The "base" install without customizations are, and always have been, available for free.

Legaleye3000

Nov 27, 2009
Will you already need to be rooted for this program to work or will this be a graphical program that will also root the phone? Thanks

maxawesome

Apr 25, 2008
Seattle
I will also volunteer to beta test for you, as well as donate for a copy of the final product. I think its awesome you're doing this. :)

And, as a guy who tri-boots Fedora, OSX and Win7, I feel you on the "I only write Windows stuff".

However, you should check into this tool, to make what you're writing at least cross-platform for Mac. And, its totally free (and no, I don't work for them).

Appcelerator Titanium Desktop

bmj1086

Apr 11, 2008
Dallas
I will also volunteer to beta test for you, as well as donate for a copy of the final product. I think its awesome you're doing this. :)

And, as a guy who tri-boots Fedora, OSX and Win7, I feel you on the "I only write Windows stuff".

However, you should check into this tool, to make what you're writing at least cross-platform for Mac. And, its totally free (and no, I don't work for them).

Appcelerator Titanium Desktop

I'll look into it but I don't own a Mac lol.