FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Video Tutorial] Noob Proof Everything Desire Guide UPDATED [04/04/11][Video Tut]

1,221 posts
Thanks Meter: 980
 
By LINKSLOVESANDROID, Senior Member on 31st March 2011, 04:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th October 2013, 08:32 PM |#271  
abaaaabbbb63's Avatar
Senior Member
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 3,446
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markyboyWATP

Cool thanks again.

Do i just tick the boxes in S2E as really not sure in what i am doing. i thought partitioning the SD card with ext4 would have gave my phones internal memory more space.

marky

Edit: just opened S2E and ticked those boxes.My total space is now 147 free from 151 Total.

When i install appy do they automatically do that now?

Marky

Yes, they do.
The Following User Says Thank You to abaaaabbbb63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abaaaabbbb63 Ad-Free
 
 
28th October 2013, 08:47 PM |#272  
markyboyWATP's Avatar
Member
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaaaabbbb63

Yes, they do.

Very nice.

Thanks for your help again.

Need to get all my apps back that i had on my old phone but have titanium back up to help.

Thanks again.

Marky
29th October 2013, 11:30 AM |#273  
markyboyWATP's Avatar
Member
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to offer me some more help.

I am having an issue, as mentioned about i have followed through all the steps in the first post down to a tee and it looks like they all worked however i seem to be having problems with s2e. When i run s2e and click the box to move dalvik cash to sd and also app data to sd, in order to free internal memory, when the phone restarts is goes all laggy and sluggy. As i mentioned earlier i had it where why internal had 150mb free from 151 but if i dont move the dalvik and app data my free space on internal is a mere 30mb. i think i have set it up so my apps go to the ext4 partition but not really sure if that has worked.

Help again would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Marky
29th October 2013, 11:47 AM |#274  
Chromium's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 6,553
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markyboyWATP

Was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to offer me some more help.

I am having an issue, as mentioned about i have followed through all the steps in the first post down to a tee and it looks like they all worked however i seem to be having problems with s2e. When i run s2e and click the box to move dalvik cash to sd and also app data to sd, in order to free internal memory, when the phone restarts is goes all laggy and sluggy. As i mentioned earlier i had it where why internal had 150mb free from 151 but if i dont move the dalvik and app data my free space on internal is a mere 30mb. i think i have set it up so my apps go to the ext4 partition but not really sure if that has worked.

Help again would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Marky

You should leave app data on the internal, and move only dalvik and apps to the ext partition. With data on the ext the ROM will get very slow.

I'd also recommend using a different hboot (cm7r2) so that you can maximize space on your data partition (internal storage for app data). Currently with stock hboot you have too much space allocated to system. When you switch to cm7r2 hboot, this extra unneeded space will be removed from the system partition and given to the data partition, thus increasing room for app data.

Sent using xda-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromium For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chromium Ad-Free
29th October 2013, 12:17 PM |#275  
markyboyWATP's Avatar
Member
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium_

You should leave app data on the internal, and move only dalvik and apps to the ext partition. With data on the ext the ROM will get very slow.

I will try this now.

edit: I have tried this now and it looks as if it has worked. moving only the dalvik cache and applications to sd/ext seems to have worked and sorted the laggy sluggy issue. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium_

I'd also recommend using a different hboot (cm7r2) so that you can maximize space on your data partition (internal storage for app data). Currently with stock hboot you have too much space allocated to system. When you switch to cm7r2 hboot, this extra unneeded space will be removed from the system partition and given to the data partition, thus increasing room for app data.

Sent using xda-developers app

Would you be kind enough in pointing me in the right direction here?.I have never done the hboot before, would i have to replash my rom and gapps and that after completing the new hboot? I will have a look about the forums on how to get a new hboot and how to flash it.

Thanks very much again for the reply and the assistance.

Marky

edit:

i think i have successfully completed this to. I followed the following thread post number 6 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1223856. At first when hboot loaded it asked me if i wanted to update, i pressed volume up to update then when it rebooted it froze at the HTC boot logo, i just went into recovery and wiped data wiped cache ect and reflashed my ROM and GAPPS.

When i returned to the hboot screen it asked me to update again and i just selected no, then hboot displayed version cm7r2 and when i loaded into my phone and set it up i noticed my internal memory had risen from 150mb to 250mb.

Thanks very much for the help again.

Marky
29th October 2013, 01:27 PM |#276  
Chromium's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 6,553
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markyboyWATP

i think i have successfully completed this to. I followed the following thread post number 6 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1223856. At first when hboot loaded it asked me if i wanted to update, i pressed volume up to update then when it rebooted it froze at the HTC boot logo, i just went into recovery and wiped data wiped cache ect and reflashed my ROM and GAPPS.

When i returned to the hboot screen it asked me to update again and i just selected no, then hboot displayed version cm7r2 and when i loaded into my phone and set it up i noticed my internal memory had risen from 150mb to 250mb.

Thanks very much for the help again.

Marky

Yep, it sounds like it worked successfully.

Sent using xda-developers app
20th November 2013, 03:47 PM |#277  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Im am stuck when installing Windows HBOOT driver . Windows says that USB device is not recognized, and phone never says HBOOT USB PLUG on screen.

What's up with that?
1st December 2013, 03:35 AM |#278  
Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Thumbs down links are broken
step optional / 8 .. links are broken please do update it asap .. m trying from v long time to get the software .. as my phone take more then 20 mins to turn on .. its stands on a image for 15mins when i start it .. tell me what do i do ..
1st December 2013, 07:04 AM |#279  
abaaaabbbb63's Avatar
Senior Member
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 3,446
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by athar_200312@yahoo.co.in

step optional / 8 .. links are broken please do update it asap .. m trying from v long time to get the software .. as my phone take more then 20 mins to turn on .. its stands on a image for 15mins when i start it .. tell me what do i do ..

Changing the spash screen won't help with boot time. How many apps do you have installed? What ROM are you using?
21st September 2014, 06:28 PM |#280  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Hello,

are you sure, that the instructions from this thread is still valid ? Many download links are broken, for example,
I am totally failing on downloading the stuff from unrevoked. It looks like their entire website downloads.unrevoked.com is down. Can you pls upload all this directly on this forum, or on
RELIABLE download locations... Many thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to darkman088 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift darkman088 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes