[Android][Unlock/S-OFF] SunShine for modern Motorola & HTC devices

Search This thread

jshamlet

Aug 25, 2014
Might I suggest that Sunshine offer to permanently root at the end? Sure, most of the time you are going to be blowing the image you just ran Sunshine on away, but it seems like it ought to be awfully simple to perma-root by the time it finishes.

As an aside, I consider $25 to not have to fear AT&T's OTA updates anymore a more than fair price.

Tigerstown

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
Might I suggest that Sunshine offer to permanently root at the end? Sure, most of the time you are going to be blowing the image you just ran Sunshine on away, but it seems like it ought to be awfully simple to perma-root by the time it finishes.

As an aside, I consider $25 to not have to fear AT&T's OTA updates anymore a more than fair price.

Root is so simple to obtain once you r done with this..

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC

Having su installed can interfere with some applications, esp MDM ones. Not everyone who unlocks wants root, so we leave su install up to them, but im more than willing to help anyone install su if they find me in the support chat

Reactions: Riff76

brainwash1

Mar 3, 2011
Rochester NY

I ran towelpieroot, and it seems to be permanent now.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

boggessb

Nov 30, 2013
Just what I've been waiting for

Shut up and take my money. Oh wait, you did. Worked perfectly on my XT1028. Thank you sir.

Reactions: beaups

Zion800

Apr 11, 2006
Worked perfectly on Verizon XT-1060. Thank you so much worth every penny! :laugh:

What version of Android are you running on your Verizon XT-1060? I tried Towelroot and it said my device wasn't supported. Tried SunShine and it gave me an error about not being able to get SU. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Steeleio

Jul 21, 2010
Columbus
I have the Moto X (XT-1060). I am on 4.4.4. I am not rooted. I have skimmed through the 103 pages and I have a few questions, if anyone can answer for me please.

1. Will SunShine work on my device?

2. What are the prerequisites for my device prior to using this?

3. What are the steps I follow to make this work?

Thank you for any assistance!

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
I have the Moto X (XT-1060). I am on 4.4.4. I am not rooted. I have skimmed through the 103 pages and I have a few questions, if anyone can answer for me please.

1) Depends on how you got to 4.4.4, wont know without trying

2) To be able to turn on

3) install app, run app, hope temp root works, hope unlock works, if it says it will work, buy a license.

chris420o

Jul 15, 2013
Second this question

been looking myself...i would probably pay 25 if i am able to tether with my moto x...i actually paid the 45(ugh) to the chinese guy and then i broke the phone before i could use it(go figure) so im on a new moto x now and 25 seems a lot more reasonable...everywhere i read says 4.4.3 is good to go but what about us 4.4.4 moto x vzw guys

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
been looking myself...i would probably pay 25 if i am able to tether with my moto x...i actually paid the 45(ugh) to the chinese guy and then i broke the phone before i could use it(go figure) so im on a new moto x now and 25 seems a lot more reasonable...everywhere i read says 4.4.3 is good to go but what about us 4.4.4 moto x vzw guys

4.4.4 is hit or miss

bygrave

Oct 14, 2012
hello urgent help ,,i just sold a m8 on ebay,,i s,off with sunshine ,,thay have got the phone and are saying that it is s,on not s.off can this happen in anyway

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
hello urgent help ,,i just sold a m8 on ebay,,i s,off with sunshine ,,thay have got the phone and are saying that it is s,on not s.off can this happen in anyway

Only if you or they set it s-on, by writing the flag. So it has to pretty much be done on purpose. Tell them to run sunshine, if you had used SunShine before, than the license should still be active.

Reactions: bygrave

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello JCase:

First of all: Thank you for your amazing work all this golden android years.

Then: I need some help to buy (PayPal) a Sunshine code/license (for HTC 10) 'cause I have an error when I tried in-app purchase. I leave a Ticket Request a couple of days but still no reply.

Thank you in advance for your help
    SunShine is winding down, the cost of keeping it online has long been more than it brings it. Expect it to probably go free for a period later this year, then be turned off.

Here are some free code

FREESUN1
    FREESUN2
    FREESUN3
    FREESUN4
    FREESUN5
    FREESUN6
    FREESUN7
    FREESUN8
    FREESUN9
    FREESUN0
    If the app is not compatible with your HTC device (like Verizon HTC 10 on Android Nougat/7.x), you can use our mail in service .

SunShine 3.5.13 is out!
    U11 Sim Unlock
    Identifier syncing - requires second run for identifier changes made with fastboot

SunShine 3.5.7 is out!
    Adds support for HTC U11
    READ the pop up dialog. S-OFF last until next reboot, still provides the all same functions as previous S-OFF, with the exception of allowing custom aboot/hboot.

SunShine 3.5.5 is out!!!!
    Now supporting Magisk!
    Droid Turbo 6.0.1 mcg24.251-5-5 support is added via
    https://xdaforums.com/g4-play/development/root-autoinitroot-motorola-bootloader-t3639316

SunShine 3.4.27 is out!!!!
    Droid Turbo 6.0.x Bootloader Unlock added!

SunShine 3.4.26 is out!!!!
    New temproot for HTC J Butterfly 3 (HTV31)
    New temproot for HTC J Butterfly 2 (HTL23)
    New temproot for Desire 626s
    S-OFF/Unlock support for Desire 626s including Verizon

SunShine 3.4.24 is out!!!!
    S-OFF Support for Desire 626
    New HTC One M8 Temproot
    No more unlocking with htcdev needed for most m9 and a9
    Temproot for ALL HTC One M9 (up to and including Marshmallow, not Nougat at this time)
    Temproot for ALL HTC One A9 (up to and including Marshmallow, not Nougat at this time)

SunShine 3.4.23 is out!!!!
    No more unlocking with htcdev needed for most m9 and a9
    Temproot for ALL HTC One M9 (up to and including Marshmallow, not Nougat at this time)
    Temproot for ALL HTC One A9 (up to and including Marshmallow, not Nougat at this time)

SunShine 3.4.19 is out!!!!
    Android 7.x Support
    HTC Evo 10/HTC Bolt s-off support
    HTC 10 Support on 7.x firmware (Temproot is only on 6.0 for now)

SunShine 3.4.12 is out!!!!
    Temproot now supports all known HTC 10 software versions. This means no htcdev, no wiping needed if you choose the s-off/locked option from an already locked phone (for the 10, all you need is s-off, you dont need unlocked).

SunShine 3.4 is out!!!!
    Droid Turbo on SU4TL-49 firmware is now supported

SunShine 3.4 is out!!!!
    HTC 10 Temproot (no more HTCDev needed for HTC 10)
    Verizon HTC 10 Support
    No wipe/format s-off for htc 10 (when choosing s-off/locked, which will behave as if unlocked)

http://theroot.ninja/download.html

SunShine 3 is a bootloader unlock/s-off/Sim Unlock tool for Modern HTC And Motorola devices, it is a commercial product and costs $25usd. http://theroot.ninja

Compatibility is always changing and updating, best wait to find out is to run SunShine. If your device is not listed below, or on our compatibility chart and it works, please let us know.
    Compatibility Chart: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q8GKXw3EDVGtAoiu36MdeVqMPRJba1WlF5TZXKQgNgA/edit?usp=sharing

HTC:
    *See compatibility chart for specific features, features on HTC phones vary, all support s-off*
    *Sprint SIMUnlock features are considered experimental*
    HTC Desire 530
    VZW HTC 10
    HTC 10
    VZW One M9
    One M9
    One M9+
    One E9+
    One M8
    Verizon One M7
    One M7
    VZW DNA
    Mini
    Mini 2
    Remix
    Max
    Desire 510
    Desire 601
    Desire 610
    Desire 820
    VZW Desire 610
    Desire 612
    VZW Desire 612
    Desire 816
    Desire 816x
    Desire Eye
    Butterfly
    Butterfly 2
    Butterfly 3
    Butterfly J
    and many more

Motorola:
    *Do Not ReLock Motorola Devices*
    Droid Turbo - SU4TL-44 Firmware only, can upgrade after unlock
    MotoX 2014 - All Firmwares
    MotoX 2013 - 4.4.3 or below, can upgrade after unlock
    Moto G 2013 - 4.4.3 or below, can upgrade after unlock
    Droid Mini - 4.4.3 or below, can upgrade after unlock
    Droid Maxx - 4.4.3 or below, can upgrade after unlock
    Droid Ultra - 4.4.3 or below, can upgrade after unlock

Verizon HTC 10 s-off/unlock/root service is now available on all (yes the 1st OTA too) Firmwares here. We are working to include support in the app for this HTC 10 variant, however there is no ETA and it is not guaranteed to happen (we are trying!).

How to use your GSM/Non-Verizon HTC 10 on Verizon http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=66795523&postcount=458

Adds Support for HTC Desire 530

Version 3.3.13 Adds Support for HTC Desire 820 (most variants)
    Version 3.3.10 Adds Support for HTC 10 Lifestyle for s-off and adds experimental (non guaranteed) GLOBAL Simunlock for some HTC Sprint phones (m9,m8 etc, not 10).
    Version 3.3.4 now supports HTC 10 (not Verizon...yet)
    3.3.2 - now supports verizon m8 on the marshmallow firmware HTCOneM8vzw/htc_m8wl:6.0/MRA58K/708002.3:user/release-keys
    3.3 - The Verizon m9 update
    The LONG awaited update, we have added Temproot (and thus unlock and s-off) support for the Verizon HTC m9 on the HTCOneM9vzw/htc_himawl:6.0/MRA58K/669662.7:user/release-keys firmware (latest as of this posting).

3.2.1 Update
    no longer needs kingroot/mofo/htcdev for Droid Turbo and HTC m8
    Droid Turbo support is no longer beta, but in main release

3.2 Beta for Droid Turbo Only:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64027688&postcount=4064

New in 3.1.22
    HTC A9 Support
    HTC Desire 626s (not mediatek 626) Support
    Android 6.0 Support

New in 3.1.18
    SimUnlock for Sprint HTC Phones (not m9). This is international unlock only, AT&T and T-Mobile networks are still locked.

New in 3.1.15
    Moto X 2014 support (needs root via MoFo or KingRoot)
    Better HTC m9 5.1.x support

New in 3.1.14
    Better support for lower memory and older devices. This should fix issues with the remix, mini, mini2 and others

New in 3.1.12
    HTC Mediatek e9+ / m9+ s-off/unlock support

HTC m9 support (Requires unlock/root, no Verizon support)
    HTC Simunlock (Experimental, not for m9, not for Sprint/Virgin Mobile)

We do not currently Support the VERIZON HTC M9, nor Verizon m8 running 5.0.x (4.4.4 and below are good to go). We are working it, no ETAs, no HINTS, NO DETAILS, NO UPDATES!! Please don't ask about it.

No ETAs, No Updates, Please don't ask. It is likely weeks away, minute.

We just did this.

fuPJgnY.jpg
    Turbo Support has been merged into the main APK, and no longer needs mofo/Kingroot to work.
    This version requires you to be on the 5.1 SU4TL-44 with the matching 3.10.40-perf-g90ddf4a Kernel.

Code:
    Happy Holidays !

[B][COLOR="Red"]SunShine 3.2 BETA for Droid Turbo [/COLOR][/B](All other devices use the 3.1.XX release for now, as this is untested on other devices). Again DO NOT USE THIS ON ANY OTHER MODELS.

This is a beta, why? It needs more testing and has some bugs, but it is safe and it works. We wanted to get it out today, over the next day or two we will patch some bugs and push another version. (No need to upgrade if you get unlocked).

This version requires you to be on the 5.1 SU4TL-44 with the matching 3.10.40-perf-g90ddf4a Kernel.

You must either be rooted with Mofo, or Temp rooted with the latest kingroot from [url]http://kingroot.net[/url] (yes it works on the 5.1 SU4TL-44 release, it may take a couple tries, and is free).

When Kingroot finishes rooting, go to the setting and uncheck and recheck the option called "Root Authorization" (or something like that), than go into Sunshine,

You MUST have wifi on, even if not connected to wifi. 

If it gets "stuck" for more than 5 minutes on a test, turn phone off, then check your bootlaoder. If its not unlocked, try again. It can take a couple goes (you only get charged once, and we guarantee it will work). KingRoot can also cause it to fail if their root bugs out for some reason, solution is to just try again. Uninstalling Kingroot , rebooting then reinstalling may be needed in some cases if it fails.

SunShine 3.2 BETA for DroidTurbo ONLY:k[/url]
    With all respect of Jcase, beaups and their gang which did one hell of a job[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
    This is absolutely not the road to follow but when that's said I sincerely hope this is done only to avoid all the mess it would be collecting money from the BOUNTY thread.
    My hopes for the future is voluntary donations and nothing ELSE!!!!! . Only my 2 cent[emoji6]

SORRY FOR BEING OFF TOPIC, BACK ON TRACK AGAIN!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Actually, no lets stop that. Your post was not made with all due respect. The moment you came to this thread, and knowingly went off topic, the respect left the window. With who you were, and your history, you know better than to do this.

The respect was also out the window when YOU broke confidentiality and leaked the existence of it. You have no place to complain when you behave the way YOU did.

The support for this decision to go pay has been overwhelmingly positive. We have had less trouble/rudeness with SunShine than with free releases, almost everyone has been great (real eye opener for us). No customer has had a bricked or damaged device from it. It is fast, it is easy. I do believe this will be the future, and I want to thank everyone who has been great. Especially those that have helped others.

Doing paid releases will allow us the ability to release more, and better quality releases. Money is available for us to pickup bugs from other researchers needed to complete our projects instead of devoting months more time to research to find an equal bug, money is available for us to pay for another programmer is we are too busy, or out of our zone. We can hire support people if needed, to run support, so we can do what we do well, instead of helping someone who doesn't know how to use adb. Overall this has been great in every aspect that the free releases were disheartening, and well not fun. When we get less complaints about a paid release, than a free one, you know something is going right.

Reasons why:
    • Bounties don't pay, they are often full of fake pledges and that is a well known fact. I collected about 30% of the last one. Solves that problem.
    • Scumbag thief's repack and resell work (http://www.gsmcocktail.com/ is mostly consisting of things beaups and I released for free). Solves that problem.
    • People believe they are entitled to our time, and are rude when they are told they are not. Well, now if they pay, they are entitled. Solves that problem.
    • Cost of test devices is too high. I'm not even an HTC fan, and I have purchased 4 HTC phones in last month. I've purchased for research over 30 phone since the start of this month. This field is expensive to play in.
    • Cost of needed software is too high, I spent 10x (no kidding) the cost of the car my son is getting, on the software used in developing WeakSauce. Not counting the three phones I ended up buying to further research the bug (since we can't just let anyone test anymore, because people seem to give away our work and not care about confidentiality).
    • More but I have no coffee cup at this hotel, and my head isnt working.

Maybe when a better solution to bounties is developed, we will return to collecting bounties.
    3.1 is now released

What it does bring:
    HTC m9 support ! (Requires root, no Verizon support at this time)
    HTC Simunlock (Experimental, not guaranteed, no m9 support, no CDMA devices supported)