X-Reality engine for UB's.. oh yea..this will work.

Search This thread

Vaith

Feb 15, 2011
Lo Guys one question.. In first post @showlyshah said in kk if I unlocked bootloader I wouldn't lose ta partition... But, when I did that a few days ago, I really think I lost x-reality...
1) do you know how to actually check if it's gone or not?
2) do you know how to restore it? (z1 .108 )
Compare two pictures and you will see. If you wanna restore TA, you must restore your TA backup which you have.

iHeymanth

May 30, 2013
Vizag
will this work for omni 4.4.4 or cm11 ?

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Nothing. You won't have TA :) You can't restore someone TA backup

sry. someone's TA wont work for other device. each device has its own TA. cannot be copied from other devices.
@Vaith u will simply lose ur be2/xr forever. but can make it work using ports done by devs

Reactions: ruggyboss

Vaith

Feb 15, 2011
will this work for omni 4.4.4 or cm11 ?

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

sry. someone's TA wont work for other device. each device has its own TA. cannot be copied from other devices.

@Vaith u will simply lose ur be2/xr forever. but can make it work using ports done by devs
I know it, that's why I said that he will only lose TA :)

RyTekk

Aug 17, 2012
Nha Trang
Can anyone tell me exactly does BIONZ chipset still work when bootloader is unlocked? I think it works because in 4.2, camera stopped working when unlock bootloader, maybe it means BIONZ chipset has been disabled and in 4.3, 4.4, camera works (BIONZ chipset is not disabled??)

snigglets

Jan 2, 2012
Hey fer2503,u can try this
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2880495

Sent from my C6902 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Its working like charm,i flashed it through cwm...u also better try in cwm only

snigglets

Jan 2, 2012
Right now im using c6902 with trinity rom n kernel which is based on. 133 fw.. Rom is alos awesome and i have got the xreality working

---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Fer2503, do one thing... Make a clean install and install the above one vth cwm

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

It was true that,x reality was working without any mods in stock. 757 fw,but after that it again stopped working.. As of now u can go with the above one

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I AM HAPPY TO PRESENT YOU WITH A REAL WORKING X-REALITY ENGINE FOR XPERIA DEVICES..​

{This mod is for pre 4.4.2 (any firmware version lower than 14.3.A.0.681) only. As Sony's KITKAT is much more sweeter now. yes they have removed the restriction of "no X-REALITY / BRAVIA ENGINE for unlocked boot-loaders" from KITKAT. ( Kissess Sony..:D )
    So from now, U will have to flash this mod, only if you are on pre-KITKAT firmwares. And please dont mess up with kitkat firmwares.}

GUYS.
    Many of you have unlocked your xperia's bootloaders by now for your custom rom love..(i had it done on second day after purchase of my zx1, and its only a week old now, thanks to TA BACKUP).
    One of the sad thing u will ever realize after bootloader unlock will be a non functioning X-Reality/Bravia engine and it is due to the drm protection being lost, though the files are there for its working.
    So the question is can it be recovered if we patch the drm check??? the ans is yes!
    That's why i promise you this mod will work.

This mod contains files for X-Realty engine BASED ON XZ1 14.2.A.1.136 FIRMWARE and patch files to patch the DRM check... Also you will figure out that this X-Reality engine will have some difference in colour saturation level than what you find in other mods or previous BRAVIA/X-Reality engines. I personally prefer it becoz it does not hurt eyes that much, and have good balance with colour-contrast ratio.

What you will need

1. An xperia device ( checked it on xperia z and z1 ) with stock or stock based rom ( dont know about custom roms or other devices, but it wont hurt you to give a try)
    2. Unlocked bootloader ( well, you wont be needing this if u r on locked bootloader, although u can use it in lb too)
    3. CWM/TWRP recovery or any recovery you use like phills advanced touch recovery.
    4. Patience ( will tell you later, why you need it!)​

Steps

1. Reboot into your recovery
    2. Backup your system ( not needed exactly, but its always good to keep a backup, in case the sky falls!)
    3. Flash the zip.
    4. Reboot and enjoy the X-Reality display​

Now the patience part....AKA checking if its working

1. Go to SETTINGS>DISPLAY and turn on X-Reality/Bravia engine if it is not turned on

2. Collect some brightly coloured pic from somewhere on web, or from your collection on your pc( recomended to find some HDR pics, having good sunlight/brightness and a verity of colours like red's ,blue's, yellow's, green's etc. and transfer to your phone/sd.

3. open album(Sony album preferred) and locate the pics.(full screen pics on landscape are pretty good to see the effect).

4. If its a high resolution pic, it will take a second or two to load the pic( u will see the pic edges will smooth out when it loads). Give it another second or two to make the X-Reality effect to load.(this time you will see the colours getting more saturated, and the contrast increasing)

5. Thats all.. Enjoy the X-Reality engine on your movies and photos.

I take no credits, as this is not my work, this is the work of Sony Engineers, and the patch files , which i use in this package is obtained from XDA itself, and is the result of hard work of some XDA member ( Sorry i forgot whom e's for mentioning his name, as i got it before long time).
    I just took all of them together, from XDA and newest XZ1's firmware, combined and checked if every thing is working. And sharing it with you.

I have analysed the "SwiqiMasterReset.apk" which is used to load the x-reality engine. And i found out this( well its not new,nor what you people have heard of).

If somebody who have a problem with the working of this mod, please add these lines to your build.prop.

ro.service.swiqi2.supported=true

persist.service.swiqi2.enable=1

ro.service.swiqi3.supported=true

persist.service.swiqi3.enable=1

Thats really needed for the working of bravia or x-reality. These lines are normally found in stock or stock based roms unless your rom dev have removed it.

You may hit the THANKS button for me if you like it.
    X-reality works on ub 4.4.2

Yes its true... finally we have a working X-reality on 4.4.2 with out any mods... it works on unlocked boot loader/ locked boot loader with out any mod. Thank you sony.
    Yeah but people still said function of bionz will be gone after unlocking bootloader on android 4.3
    I think sony prevent the camera from breaking by enable image process by regular cpu, like any other xperia devices
    is it??
    does it? thats one new knowledge for me, i have unlocked bootloader, after updating 4.3. Does any one confirm it yet? well sony haven't said that, ..... oh wait .. i will relock my boot now with TA(and post any result). I noticed a colour change in superior auto mode when under lowlight condition. on 4.2, it seems much better, but on 4.3 it seems like having a purple tint in same mode. let me check.
    Looks like this is for deodex ROM, am I right?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
    ya, for deodex, well u can use in odex rom too, i am using it in odex rom, just delete the .odex files too for the apks and jar files from system and framework folders, and then copy. it will work.
    working well on Z Ultra

Thanks mate
    cheers bro..
    so wait, this is a fix for all of us who unlocked bootloader but didnt do a TA backup (so we lost our DRM keys forever) ?

even if i dont have TA backup, I can get x-reality to work again? if so, that is cool

anyway to do this for camera too? my camera quality has gone to s*hit ever since i unlocked bootloader (or maybe its because i use iHackers 2.1 rom, dont know)

the xreality will work, and about the drm, i dont think so, coz the patch is probably from an old model sony phone. and may be the keys will be different, but bro.. seriously i cant check.. coz i have a working camera.. i unlocked after update!!!. also about your camera.. well pls ask it in your rom's thread. or may be some day we XDA'ns will find a solution for those who lost the cam.
    If you have issue about CredentialManagerService.apk. Try this

1. Download CredentialManagerService.apk

Open your terminal emulator
    Code:
    // Remount /system to R/W (Rewriteable)
    $ su
    # mount -o remount,rw /system

// Remove CredentialManagerService.apk from /system/app
    # rm /system/app/CredentialManagerService.apk

// Let's said that CredentialManagerService.apk stored on /sdcard/, now copy CredentialManagerService.apk to /system/app
    # cp /sdcard/CredentialManagerService.apk /system/app/CredentialManagerService.apk

// Fix CredentialManagerService.apk permission
    # chmod 644 /system/app/CredentialManagerService.apk

2. Reboot is necessary

NOTE:
    1. I'm using Xperia Z1 C6903, 136 FW, DEODEX. Both X-Reality and Bravia engine are works, both on pictures and videos!!!
    2. Hit thanks is necessary too :fingers-crossed:
    Flashed the zip, now upon every reboot I get an error credential manager... has stopped working

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

move it from \system\app\ to \system\, reboot into recovery and vipe dalvik+cache, boot system, check no errors, move application from \system\ to \system\app, reboot, check