[Q] Battery charging problem

Search This thread

IoSpy

Mar 14, 2008
I have an unusual charging problem.

Many of time but not always, i put my phone to charge and it looks like charging. after some time it says that the power i use is less than i charge so my battery goes down. Most of the time i wake up the morning and it is close. The strange is that some times, before it close i do a restart and the battery is much more up% !!!!!! and other times is still down after restart.

I bought new battery and still nothing.
I tried million restart, hard reset, battery calibration, other chargers and still nothing. It also appears on deferent version of roms. Now i have ViperX.

I cant understand why it happens. I have this problem for months... Any idea? :(

Reactions: osama-selo

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Try a new charger, worked for me on the same issue.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

IoSpy

Mar 14, 2008
Try a new charger, worked for me on the same issue.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I have already done. the same problem... but can't understand why looks like doesn't charge and after restart is charched or other times don't. before an hour had to shut down for 5 minutes to start charging!!!!

I have really confused what is happening.

13th Dev

May 23, 2012
Indore, India
I also experience a simillar problem, and sometimes my phone reboots automatically while charging for no reason. Right now i am using a new charger, and looking for a diff rom other than viperX in the hope that it will solve the problem.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

osama-selo

Jun 17, 2012
Damascus
Same problem here since months ago!!!

Sometimes when I open GSam Battery Monitor to check the charge speed it shows me about (-400ma to -550ma) which means it's not charging at all and sometimes it shows me (400ma - 550ma) which means it's charging well (-400ma usage + 1000ma charging = +600ma).

And after trying with another charger (not original one) the charging is good at about +200ma, and USB charging is also about +200ma with Fast Charge enabled.

But, can someone try the charger with another phone brand like Samsung and test the charging speed with GSam Battery Monitor for 2-3 complete charges and compare the speed with his original charger (I mean Samsung's Charger), coz I tried with my wife's device (SGSII) but GSam didn't show me the charging speed! and it was working well with her device.

Could be this something related to HTC Kernel?

Could everyone with\without charging problem tell us what Kernel\ROM he is on?

I'm on Lyapota's Kernel | maXimus ROM and was also having this issue with ARHD with Stock Kernel

IoSpy

Mar 14, 2008
the point is that I changed charger and I thought that was the problem. after some days I had same problem again. I don't have this problem every time I charge.

I am on viperx 4.0.7 and stock kernel.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
the point is that I changed charger and I thought that was the problem. after some days I had same problem again. I don't have this problem every time I charge.

I am on viperx 4.0.7 and stock kernel.

Im on viper 407 and stock kernel too, no charging issues anymore......

IoSpy

Mar 14, 2008
yesterday night i flashed kernel with Xmister kernel. I chose fast charging in menu. So now i m waitting to see if it is ok now. If i still have the problem i ll change rom to maximusHD

mher11

May 24, 2012
Never found a solution. My HOX is dead. :(

I've ordered new battery but im not very positive ... This is the worst problem i've ever faced.. Tried everythingg and no solution im still using my HOX.. It only charges with 1 cable that i have but i have to monitor it and keep pluging & unpluging untill it shows positvie mah ( the maximum i can get is +300 mah/h) ..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have an unusual charging problem.

Many of time but not always, i put my phone to charge and it looks like charging. after some time it says that the power i use is less than i charge so my battery goes down. Most of the time i wake up the morning and it is close. The strange is that some times, before it close i do a restart and the battery is much more up% !!!!!! and other times is still down after restart.

I bought new battery and still nothing.
    I tried million restart, hard reset, battery calibration, other chargers and still nothing. It also appears on deferent version of roms. Now i have ViperX.

I cant understand why it happens. I have this problem for months... Any idea? :(