I've seen other threads where people report similar but perhaps not quite the same issue I am having with my GT-N8010. For context, I installed 4.4.2 a while ago (February?). This was one of the Omni nightlies, omni-4.4.2-20140210. In preparation for this I had installed twrp-18.104.22.168-n8000. All was well and I much enjoyed kitkat until a few weeks came back from a trip and noticed the device had run out of juice. Connected it to the charger and then...
* Seems to be stuck displaying the Samsung logo
* Download mode works
* When trying to enter recovery (Power+VOL_UP) it briefly shows the Team Win screen logo and then just reboots
Things I've tried:
* Reinstall twrp, using Odin and download mode; Odin succeeds, the device reboots, same symptoms as before
* Install some other recovery (HighOnAndroidv1CWMRecoveryGTN8000), same result; it is as though NOTHING gets flashed???
* Install stock (4.0.4 or 4.1.2, I don't remember) Samsung ROM; Odin succeeds (it takes a few minutes), device reboots but HECK I'm going insane NOTHING has changed, symptoms as before
Please please can one of you ninja dudes help me out as this is such a precious tablet and hopefully not just a brick now .
Among the things I haven't tried, but heard can do wonders, is to re-partition. So if you happen to have a PIT file from your N8010 then would you mind sharing it through a PM please.
Also am currently downloading the "official" 4.4.2 release for the N8000. I've heard this is NOT for the N8010 but as a last resort, I might flash it??
Many thanks in advance for all the help!