[Port] Nokia Here Maps

2,377 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,262

Post Reply Email Thread
26th September 2014, 11:48 AM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nokia here
Hello comrades, in the end, is there a working version of these maps?

26th September 2014, 12:59 PM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 626

More
Talking
Hi all, there's an apk of the 1.0 beta version available from the following page:
http://www.appdisqus.com/2014/09/24/...droid-apk.html

Just click the link "Download >> Here Beta". It will open a OneDrive window where you can download HERE_Beta_1.0_beta.apk. I've just installed the apk, registered a new Here account (from within the app) and downloaded the map of my country. Seems to work!

BUT: I don't know the source of this apk file, so I can't say if it will do any harm. You'll use it at your own risk!
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to spacetaxi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spacetaxi Ad-Free
26th September 2014, 02:09 PM |#143  
London
Thanks Meter: 122

More
@spacetaxi, thank you! great stuff. Been waiting for this for so long. Just installed and works perfectly - will try it on my way home

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th September 2014, 03:24 PM |#144  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Checked with AVG Antivirus on the phone and on virustotal.com online.

Both said the file should be clean

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wrapp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wrapp Ad-Free
26th September 2014, 05:38 PM |#145  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Nice!! Just tried and works like a charme!!!

Impressive..
27th September 2014, 02:46 AM |#146  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Wow .. very happy indeed.

For info, I downloaded the Here Map Beta but it had a .ZIP extension. I renamed it to .APK and it installed just fine.

However.. I have a here.com account with a hundred+ points of interest saved .. but I cannot for the life of me login to my existing Here account. I've tried my username and my email, went on here.com and added a new email, deleted the old.. tried again.. it will never login to the Android app .. but I created a new account which worked.

Has anyone been able to login to their existing Here account ??
27th September 2014, 03:26 AM |#147  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Can someone upload on another host? Can't download from the link above.

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to disner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift disner Ad-Free
27th September 2014, 12:30 PM |#148  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
disner, still works for me! Just download the first file shown and then rename .ZIP to .APK

And re: my question above, I figured it out !! w w w . here.com uses a Nokia account but this Here Maps Beta app uses a Here.com account - which is accessible on the web at beta.here.com.

w w w . here.com = Nokia account
beta.here.com = Android App = Here.com account

You can apply for access to beta.here.com - and I was approved in a few hours. Then on beta.here.com I signed in using the new account I created on the Android app, and within the account section there is a place to type in your Nokia account details and have it import everything from that! And it worked perfectly. As soon as the web page said it was done, I checked my Android phone and everything was there.

SO happy!!! Can finally stop carrying two mobiles and two chargers etc. around with me as I scour the world.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to somnorific For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift somnorific Ad-Free
27th September 2014, 03:18 PM |#149  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Works nicely. However, I was hoping for an alternative to Google's location services on the road to a totally Gapps free Android system. So far Nokia uses just what Google provides (and collects) in location information.
27th September 2014, 03:42 PM |#150  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Wow. It just works Fantastic

Sent from my C6902 using XDA Free mobile app
27th September 2014, 04:23 PM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 595

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by somnorific

disner, still works for me! Just download the first file shown and then rename .ZIP to .APK

And re: my question above, I figured it out !! w w w . here.com uses a Nokia account but this Here Maps Beta app uses a Here.com account - which is accessible on the web at beta.here.com.

w w w . here.com = Nokia account
beta.here.com = Android App = Here.com account

You can apply for access to beta.here.com - and I was approved in a few hours. Then on beta.here.com I signed in using the new account I created on the Android app, and within the account section there is a place to type in your Nokia account details and have it import everything from that! And it worked perfectly. As soon as the web page said it was done, I checked my Android phone and everything was there.

SO happy!!! Can finally stop carrying two mobiles and two chargers etc. around with me as I scour the world.

Works for me too! I didn't even have to create a Nokia account, just renamed the zip file to apk and created an account in the app. Even offline navigation works!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)