[HELP THREAD] Nexus 5 | Ask any question

Search This thread

droidind

Sep 26, 2014
Hi I use a bowers and wilkins P5 headphones with my Nexus 5. When I use the volume button on the headphone cable to increase or decrease the handset volume it doesn't work. I tried with a Bose headset and still the same. Any fixes for this

MorpheousMarty

Feb 14, 2011
Bluetooth play/pause fails often (CM11 while playing multimedia)

So this is a dumb issue, but it is driving me a bit crazy. After a minute or of playing media the play/pause button on my bluetooth headset fails to do anything. I know it's still connected because long press and other features and other things work. It seems to happen the most with my podcast playing app, but that might be because I use it the most. I'm on CM11 M10. Any ideas on how I can get more consistent results with play pause would be appreciated.

muzaffarkhan95

Sep 30, 2013
b3a6fbf454a7168f91688cb156c75bdf.jpg

Anyone else have an issue with hangouts where the top bar disappears when long pressing conversations. I can't mass delete because of this..
I have the same issue! Bt its visible when the phone is in horizontal position!!

Aadilnz

Apr 1, 2012
Queensland
Anyone getting force closes on Google Play Services since the recent update? I've tried wiping data but no go.

Running CM11 M10

Asking here rather than the development thread because they don't like discussions regarding gapps.

Wh1t3Rose

Anyone getting force closes on Google Play Services since the recent update? I've tried wiping data but no go.

Running CM11 M10

Asking here rather than the development thread because they don't like discussions regarding gapps.
Try flashing the Nano or Pico gapps here then grab your other Google apps from the play store.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

[GAPPS][4.4.x] OFFICIAL Up-to-Date PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's) [2014-09-23]

Weidlich

Jan 14, 2012
Loosing data in my Download folder from time to time

Hi!

I am loosing all my data in the download folder from time to time (unregulary, no specific timeframe to determine).
Has anybody of you experiencend this so far?
My pictures, screenshots and app data are all perfectly stored.

I am on stock 4.4.4R2. but 4.4.4 and CM11 had this problems before as well.
I remember that the problem started after unlocking the phone, flashing a custom recovery and rooting stock 4.4.4.

Resetting my N5 and doing a complete clean install (via flash-all.bat) of 4.4.4R2 didn't give any success either.

Any advice for me? :eek:

Last edited:

ironia.

Hi!

I am loosing all my data in the download folder from time to time (unregulary, no specific timeframe to determine).
Has anybody of you experiencend this so far?
My pictures, screenshots and app data are all perfectly stored.

I am on stock 4.4.4R2. but 4.4.4 and CM11 had this problems before as well.
I remember that the problem started after unlocking the phone, flashing a custom recovery and rooting stock 4.4.4.

Resetting my N5 and doing a complete clean install (via flash-all.bat) of 4.4.4R2 didn't give any success either.

Any advice for me? :eek:

are using any system cleaning tool???
possible data corrupted??

http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/howto-repairing-corrupted-data-partition-t2577447

Last edited:

ofteno

Jan 13, 2012
CDMX
flotika.blogspot.com
Hey guys just a quick question?
Which app do you recommend for downloading videos from YouTube? That's from where I get my music lol

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

gates89

Sep 15, 2014
Hi guys, can anyone show me where I can find the lock icon of android L? On the candyshop's thread I can't find..thanks

uroboros, il thanks non morde

Last edited:

Wh1t3Rose

before xposed i used only afwall+, now without be too paranoid...a good suggestion for better privacy??

donkeyguard?
xprivacy?
afwall+?

Well afwall+ and xprivacy really do different things. It depends on your needs. If you just go about use the firewall route then obviously you would deny internet access to any apps that should not need it like icon packs. But then you have those apps that need to have internet access but also have permissions that make you worry.

For example you could have an app that needs internet but also has the ability to see read/write contacts/ read SMS, etc. Theoretically that app has the ability to upload all your data to a remote private server, and using a firewall would break all functionality of that internet app.

This is where something like Xprivacy comes in. You can deny any permission an app should not have. So your web browser could still have access to the internet permission but maybe not the read contacts permission. Be careful though. Do not just block everything. As some apps will actually break if you deny certain permissions. Also be smart. Don't deny read SMS permission for your browser for example or you may not be able to open links sent via SMS.

Last edited:
Reactions: ironia.

Top Liked Posts