ZTE Grand SII (S291)

Search This thread

PaulTT

Mar 2, 2012
Bucharest
App Camera crashes all time ... [emoji22]

Same for me... I replaced it with the camera from 4.3 and it is working. Anyway, it's a nice graphical exercise, but in terms of usabillity is far from stable. The calendar widget is almost a blank square, when you try to see the addressees from an e-mail the app crashes, camera is force closing, the power mode does not seem to work, you cannot set 2G only from the mobile network menu as it states it is an incorrect mode, and on top of everything, after spendig one hour to install everything and set things up, when everything was ready and working ok.. I tried to restart the phone. Since then I got com.android.phone crashes continuously. Tried to delete data ( between the crashes.. lost another 20 minutes) but it didn't help. Not even a factory reset did not make it work again. I'm back to B11. But, as I said before, it looks very nice ( looks a lot like Miui... )

Reactions: SoulGraphicsBrand

fnixuz

Mar 19, 2011
SO is there an official 4.4 kitkat rom? And if no does anyone know if theres going to be one eventually and when? I am using miui rom, but would really prefer to use offiacial one..

5KKKKK

Nov 23, 2013
Guangzhou

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 122

lolo1607

Jul 17, 2014
screen doesn't work

hi. i bought a new screen on alibaba. i unmount all my phone and assemble it on the new screen. but the touch screen doesn't work. the phone starts, but the screen doesn't respond under my finger, so i cant use it. someone has already change the touchscreen?
thanks.

krispin

Account currently disabled
Sep 24, 2007
GB
meettomy.site
Hangouts mic problem

Hi, I am on last Redline´s MIUI version and wanted to make a call and videocall throught hangouts, but no succes. I see and hear everything, but other side can´t hear me. Can anybody test it for me??? Thanks. Skype is functioning well.

krispin

Account currently disabled
Sep 24, 2007
GB
meettomy.site
OMTP to CTIA adapter

not a hardware problem !
problem come because 3.5mm headphone jack is OMTP !!!! and not CTIA (Iphone, samsung etc....)
BUY a adapter OMTP to CTIA (for example : Fiio-LU2-Adapter-Cable-headphones)

I bought adapter, but still I am unable to use SE MH650c headphone. It is not detected by phone w/o OMTP/CTIA adapter. Any clues? Original headphones working well. I ve tried original ZTE headphones in my Asus T100 and with that adapter they working well. SE headphones without adapter too. :confused:

fnixuz

Mar 19, 2011
Official 4.4 rom, all are beta versions :
1. Stable: MF2.3.11 , doanload link:
2. Instable: MF3.0, download link:
And official have a new roadmap

Official 4.4 roms are beta versions, so do you think will it ever be official stable not beta version release. Any time soon maybe? Hasz miui rom is quite stable, but I dont like it. It does have alot of bugs aswell: Battery meter gets stuck at same number for awhile, it crashes alot, sometimes starts lagging.

I like the phone itself, but its ridiculus and anoying that they cant put a proper software in it for awhile now. Starting to think that it is worth paying more for a better brands like samsung, lg or sony, just so you wont have to waste time on stupid thing like a proper, lastest rom in it.

5KKKKK

Nov 23, 2013
Guangzhou
Official 4.4 roms are beta versions, so do you think will it ever be official stable not beta version release. Any time soon maybe? Hasz miui rom is quite stable, but I dont like it. It does have alot of bugs aswell: Battery meter gets stuck at same number for awhile, it crashes alot, sometimes starts lagging.

I like the phone itself, but its ridiculus and anoying that they cant put a proper software in it for awhile now. Starting to think that it is worth paying more for a better brands like samsung, lg or sony, just so you wont have to waste time on stupid thing like a proper, lastest rom in it.

Surely, if you have enough money, you should buy those famous brands. This phone have some little problems so they give a reasonable low price. I have make considerations and comparisons before I bought it so I won't complain on it or regret for my choice
And I don't know when the official stable 4.4 rom will come, maybe in November, I think

Last edited:

oroamarillo

Oct 2, 2014
Mifavour

Can you help? I can not install roms Mifavour. always aborts installation from recovery. What are the next steps? thank you

PaulTT

Mar 2, 2012
Bucharest

You have the option of using the 4.3, B11, which works flawlessly. It's a proper software... From operational point of view there is nothing more you can do in a 4.4 firmware...

fnixuz

Mar 19, 2011
You have the option of using the 4.3, B11, which works flawlessly. It's a proper software... From operational point of view there is nothing more you can do in a 4.4 firmware...

I supose so. But the interface is very sucky on 4.3 and you want to have newest soft. Its funny, but before I bought the phone I made comparisons myself and the hardware on this phone is amazing. I didnt even think about the software, cause I thought its the last thing that could be wrong. But having this phone for awhile now I must say I changed my mind, soft is the most important thing. Next time I am going to buy something like nexus.

PaulTT

Mar 2, 2012
Bucharest
I usually don't want the newest firmware just because it's newer. I always choose the version that works best at that moment. The interfaces of 4.3 and 4.4 (except for the one with Mi Favor 3.0 which looks and feel excellent - but is unstable) are identical. Mi Favor 3.0 is available also for the 4.3 firmware but it is not stable aswell. You have the possibility to use the B11 until the stable 4.4 will be out. If you do not like the interface just change the launcher ( I don't like it either and I'm using Holo Launcher HD).

Top Liked Posts